High Overlord

Choosing my weapons (shadow)

Hey guys,

So today I picked up funeral pyre in FL (378). Iirc it has some 300 crit I can reforge to haste. Is the spell power increase on it worth picking it over the 365 crafted mace + goblet of anger (378)? Or should I stick with that combo?

Armory is Dotdotcom in my sig on EU-Silvermoon. Can't link atm because im on my ipod.

Cheers,

Dotdot

You can also try to simulate (or just think about it) your gear with both choises and pick the better one instead of asking someone else to make it for you or tell the answer. I would never accept any information from anywhere without doing the math, experimenting and thinking it myself.
    Tanking is a job, doing dps is a science and healing is an art.

High Overlord
    Of course not, but I don't have any more playing time so I figured I'd just ask instead. I wouldnt probably notice any difference when testing both on a dummy either...

Cheers,

Dotdot

You don't need gametime to sim stuff
    The wildest priest in the world.

<Depthcore>, 3days 10M, world 93. Recruitment CLOSED. Truly exceptional applications always considered!

Mechagnome
    My guess would be go with the staff.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

For weapons, the higher ilvl will always win out, due to Int and Spellpower being tied to ilvl.

High Overlord
    Hey guys,

I just simmed the funeral Pyre against the other setup (it was my first simming my priest, I normally use femaledwarf for my hunter) and Funeral Pyre came out to be 300 DPS above the other combo.

When simming I had to put in the whole name, stats, gems etc of the Funeral Pyre though (ex: funeral_pyre,388int,gems=40int_10int etc). Is there any way I can switch items easier? I've read about the wowhead profiler and just switching things around but I can't find that on my simulationcraft application.

Thanks for the help

Dotdot

I usually use Chardev for trying different gear in sims. Just save the different profiles and import them to simulationcraft.

http://chardev.org/?planner