Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

Do you think Anonymous can/will shut down Facebook?

Curious as to what people think. I personally would love to see it happen.

"On August 2011, someone created an account on Twitter with the name OP_Facebook and announced the "Operation Facebook". According to the links on the post, Anonymous will take down Facebook on the fifth of November 2011."
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're certainly capable, although this could just be a giant troll, having people freak out on november 4th, only to have nothing happen on the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    They're certainly capable, although this could just be a giant troll, having people freak out on november 4th, only to have nothing happen on the 5th.
    Yeah, I'm not holding my breath that it will happen, but if they do it, it will rock. If they can shut down the largest social networking site in the world, who knows what else they could do. I think aside from putting fear in the people, if this happened, governments would start to worry about the capabilities of the group hacking their systems.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    They won't do anything. Even if they do it will just be down for a few minutes max.

Deleted
    Well, I don't know.
    Should be fun to watch how people react when the day gets closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they can do it.

Deleted
    Apparently the 'true' Anonymous have distanced themselves from the November 5th plot as they like the uses Facebook/Twitter etc has to spread their message. Although this could just be another troll, like a troll within a troll, within a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Keblow View Post
    Apparently the 'true' Anonymous have distanced themselves from the November 5th plot as they like the uses Facebook/Twitter etc has to spread their message. Although this could just be another troll, like a troll within a troll, within a troll.
    Mind blown.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    They won't do anything. Even if they do it will just be down for a few minutes max.
    Imageshack was only supposed to be down a few minutes when they hacked that as well.

I'm sure they can, and I hope they do.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

10+ Year Old Account
    They have no power.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Curious as to what people think. I personally would love to see it happen.

"On August 2011, someone created an account on Twitter with the name OP_Facebook and announced the "Operation Facebook". According to the links on the post, Anonymous will take down Facebook on the fifth of November 2011."
    i doubt they'll down it permanently but i sure wish they do. i honestly detest facebook and all it stands for.

could they? probably but I doubt they will. Not that I care I avoid that bane of the internet like the plague. (refering to FB not anon)

Who is John Galt?

I wouldn't mind, Facebook is evil.

"Only a few minutes max."

Play.
    Station.
    Network.

Deleted
    I think they could've done it if they hadn't announced their plans beforehand.

Now that they've given Facebook the heads up, they won't be able to pull it off. Mark Zuckerberg will just throw money at the problem and it will disappear. His tech team will definitely be on full alert on the 5th of Nov.

Having said all this, I hope Anonymous pulls it off. Social netowrking needs to die.

I am pretty sure the true Anonymous group said on their tweeter that they wasnt goin to do that. It was some usurpers, Gratz, you got trolled.

I use facebook and all but I mean seriously would it have THAT big of an impact on things? Are people so dependent on it that it would ruin their days? I'm just wondering.

Deleted
    People also doubted you could hack the Pentagon.
    Anything is possible.

Tho its likely its just a troll to rile people up, or troll trolls, or cleverly troll people trolling other trolls whos trolling the common people. Who may or not be casual trolls.

Anything is possible, try not to think about it and just see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, remember the fifth of November. Of gunpowder, treason, and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

i think it could be a skilled hacker

or a troll trying to solicit money or make facebook paraniod