Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Does anyone else feel rather strange how the factions work within the old republic?

    Isn't the Sith Empire practically set up to loose this entire thing? How to they reflect it in the Game itself?

    These questions often bug me, because it would be weird trying to root for your faction when it's predestined to fail.

    Things like killing important republic characters, or maybe having Revan, this can't really happen if they are trying to keep to Star Wars lore can it?
    I wouldn't worry about it. Jedi and Sith have this cycle in canon where one side almost kills the other and then switch it around later on.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    I see no plot holes there...

    1. It was never said that the Triumvirate killed ALL the Masters. Just those that went to Katarr, i.e. most of them.

    2. The Exile doesn't know anything about the events that took place because he was....welll.... in exile.

    What's wrong with the plot?
    It's been a while, but it made a point to drive home that you were the Last Jedi, over and over. Then you recruit some jedi and seek out others and it still pushes the "last jedi" stuff.

    More to the point of course, it was brought up in this thread as an example of a time when all jedi were massacred.

  3. #103
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's been a while, but it made a point to drive home that you were the Last Jedi, over and over. Then you recruit some jedi and seek out others and it still pushes the "last jedi" stuff.

    More to the point of course, it was brought up in this thread as an example of a time when all jedi were massacred.
    Well you have to take into account the Jedis you recruit and find.

    An handmaiden that didn't know she had any Force powers. A smuggler that had some minor Force powers but was afraid to use them. A miraluka, the only one that survived the genocide of her people on Katarr. And a Jedi Master that holed herself up in a hidden complex afraid to even show a hint that she was alive.

    So I can understand why the Exile could be thought of as the "last" Jedi for a long while, especially considering (s)he was the only one flying around doing things, which triggered Sion's Jedi alarm and made him hunt the Exile.

    Don't see anything really too illogical there.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Well you have to take into account the Jedis you recruit and find.

    An handmaiden that didn't know she had any Force powers. A smuggler that had some minor Force powers but was afraid to use them. A miraluka, the only one that survived the genocide of her people on Katarr. And a Jedi Master that holed herself up in a hidden complex afraid to even show a hint that she was alive.

    So I can understand why the Exile could be thought of as the "last" Jedi for a long while, especially considering (s)he was the only one flying around doing things, which triggered Sion's Jedi alarm and made him hunt the Exile.

    Don't see anything really too illogical there.
    Mostly it was the jedi master you recruit and the other jedi masters you find as plot points. Again, going from memory, they all refer to you as the last jedi, and even as you're unlocking them you're still treated as such. I didn't care for the game overall, so I might be misremembering. Keira was quite advanced in the force and the first person you encounter and though you learn otherwise later, you have no reason to think she's not-a-jedi like you. The jedi were not exterminated, you have no knowledge that they were except for the jedi that tell you such.

    (Plus you spend all that time making a lightsaber and just before you complete it, you loot one off that Miraluka :-p

    Though I'll definetly make a miraluka jedi if I get the game.

  5. #105
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Mostly it was the jedi master you recruit and the other jedi masters you find as plot points. Again, going from memory, they all refer to you as the last jedi, and even as you're unlocking them you're still treated as such. I didn't care for the game overall, so I might be misremembering. Keira was quite advanced in the force and the first person you encounter and though you learn otherwise later, you have no reason to think she's not-a-jedi like you. The jedi were not exterminated, you have no knowledge that they were except for the jedi that tell you such.

    (Plus you spend all that time making a lightsaber and just before you complete it, you loot one off that Miraluka :-p

    Though I'll definetly make a miraluka jedi if I get the game.
    1. Well I can't be 100% sure at this point since I played the game a couple of years ago but I'm pretty certain very few people actually refer to you as the last Jedi. And certainly none of the Masters.

    2. That phrase is mostly used in the context that the Sith thought you to be the last Jedi and that's why they hunted you.

    3. Kreia says multiple times that she is mostly cut off from the Force, barely able to even sense anything (that is if you even bother continuously asking her about this stuff to find out the truth). So you can't count her as a Jedi. Even if she had a connection to the Force, she still abandoned the Order, so she wouldn't be a Jedi anyway.

    4. Actually the Jedi were almost fully exterminated. They were being hunted by the Triumvirate and their acolytes for a while, and then one of the Masters made a plan to lure them out, leaking information that all the Masters would meet on Katarr.

    He underestimated the power of Nihilus however and the Sith Lord killed every living thing on the whole plane except Visas Marr.

    The only Jedi to survive were those that never went to the meeting, including Atris.

    As to looting the lightsaber off the Miraluka, I have no idea what you're talking about, I never killed Visas, she survived the whole game with me. And she's the only Miraluka in KoTOR 2.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Does anyone else feel rather strange how the factions work within the old republic?

    Isn't the Sith Empire practically set up to loose this entire thing? How to they reflect it in the Game itself?

    These questions often bug me, because it would be weird trying to root for your faction when it's predestined to fail.

    Things like killing important republic characters, or maybe having Revan, this can't really happen if they are trying to keep to Star Wars lore can it?
    i take it that you think the star wars saga ends with ewoks killing stormtroopers and luke lusting after his sis, while haveing delutions of grandeur, han and leia have twins and they grow up to be trained by luke and the other jedi that came out of hiding, lukes nephew get turned to the darkside by palpatine's sprit and the nephew kills luke in his sleep, the saga never stops as does the pendulum swings bolth ways, swings tward good and evil, so for you to think the sith have lost and feel sorry for them is laughable and very short sited, read the books and you will also find out the empeorar aka plalpatien wasnt killed by vader as you thought, that was just a clone, with that said i guess you'll be a jedi, you have the same traits, arrogant,foolish dogmatic views, your already blinded by the darkside

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    As to looting the lightsaber off the Miraluka, I have no idea what you're talking about, I never killed Visas, she survived the whole game with me. And she's the only Miraluka in KoTOR 2.
    Visas Mar is a sith, sent to kill you. You defeat her, loot her, recruit her. She has a lightsaber, and the point when she attacks you is when you complete the final mission to built your lightsaber, so you get that one immediately before completing the one you just spent time making. (This ignoring the weapons the sith are wielding that you can't loot, thus going without for the intro part of the game....)

  8. #108
    High Overlord Zachyveng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by reven View Post
    i take it that you think the star wars saga ends with ewoks killing stormtroopers and luke lusting after his sis, while haveing delutions of grandeur, han and leia have twins and they grow up to be trained by luke and the other jedi that came out of hiding, lukes nephew get turned to the darkside by palpatine's sprit and the nephew kills luke in his sleep, the saga never stops as does the pendulum swings bolth ways, swings tward good and evil, so for you to think the sith have lost and feel sorry for them is laughable and very short sited, read the books and you will also find out the empeorar aka plalpatien wasnt killed by vader as you thought, that was just a clone, with that said i guess you'll be a jedi, you have the same traits, arrogant,foolish dogmatic views, your already blinded by the darkside
    Uhm what?

    1. Jacen didn't kill Luke, although he did go to the darkside (but again not influenced at all by Palpatine's spirit)
    and
    2. No the emperor who got thrown over the railing by Vader was THE emperor, the one who came back later was a clone body that Palpatine's spirit had inhabited.

    I hate to sound arrogant but please don't post about such things if you obviously have no clue at all what you're talking about.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

  9. #109
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    I haven't read her work on mandalorians, but I've heard only bad things about it. Something along the line of her turning Mandalorians into peace loving goodie goods you see in the Clone Wars
    Very wrong, it was the Clone wars cartoon that made that and cause her to stop making star wars novel.. This is exactly the reason i stopped watching the carton.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. Jedi and Sith have this cycle in canon where one side almost kills the other and then switch it around later on.
    This, and the Old Republic is one of the few times where there are TONS of Jedi and TONS of Sith at once. Usually, one or the other is in swift decline as the opposite is gaining power. That's what makes the time period so interesting to me.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    Uhm what?

    1. Jacen didn't kill Luke, although he did go to the darkside (but again not influenced at all by Palpatine's spirit)
    and
    2. No the emperor who got thrown over the railing by Vader was THE emperor, the one who came back later was a clone body that Palpatine's spirit had inhabited.

    I hate to sound arrogant but please don't post about such things if you obviously have no clue at all what you're talking about.
    read the books, you'll see
    i hate to sound arrogant but please dont post about such things if you obiosly have no clue at all what your talking about, and further more you missed the point of the post, you post is simple trolling

  12. #112
    Guys, if someone posts something that could be a spoiler, don't reply to it or quote it.

  13. #113
    My only beef with the Sith winning is that once a great civilization falls, it takes a long time to reestablish it and raise it to its former glory. Granted I don't know much about the EU, but I imagine it takes them a long time to convince former members of the republic to rejoin, much like the Systems Commonwealth in Andromeda.

  14. #114
    High Overlord Zachyveng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by reven View Post
    read the books, you'll see
    i hate to sound arrogant but please dont post about such things if you obiosly have no clue at all what your talking about, and further more you missed the point of the post, you post is simple trolling
    Alright I'll humor you, in which books did "Luke's nephew" "kill him"? I've read through the LotF (Legacy of the Force) series a few times, just recently I reread them in fact, and that's the only time Jacen turned to the darkside and he did not kill Luke seeing as how Luke is involved in the FotJ (Fate of the Jedi) series that's just about to finish up.

    Secondly, the Emperor did have clones but the body that was thrown down the shaft by Vader was his original body. Now his spirit did come back to reinhabit a clone body, that clone did turn Luke to the darkside for a while, and that clone did do a ton of damage to Coruscant via a Force storm.

    Thirdly, I got your point. The story doesn't end at the end of RotJ. I agree with that, hell the empire doesn't come to and end even 40+ years AFTER the battle of Endor. So I definitely don't agree with The Fiend about his feelings. I posted what I posted to correct your inaccurate accusations.

    Anyways, seeing as how there is literally zero historical records about this period of time in the Star Wars universe (due to wars destroying a vast majority of said records) and there being three thousand years in which the Empire could win, the Republic could make a comeback and then several other wars and still have time for the Empire to do it all over again and repeat the cycle before we come up on the only records about the Old Republic years, the Darth Bane books in which the Republic is once again dominant and the Sith are rising up in revolution. So there shouldn't be any problems whatsoever.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

  15. #115
    Who's to say that 3000 years before the films the Republic didn't collapse? As far as I know no one has ever mentioned whether the Republic had ever fallen before the formation of the Galactic Empire. Granted it would only be temporary but at least in the context of the game's timeline it's entirely possible for the Republic to falter and fall.

    It's always mentioned that the Republic is thousands of years old but no one ever said it was thousands of consecutive years.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

    Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •