Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sadness of the Sith.

Does anyone else feel rather strange how the factions work within the old republic?

Isn't the Sith Empire practically set up to loose this entire thing? How to they reflect it in the Game itself?

These questions often bug me, because it would be weird trying to root for your faction when it's predestined to fail.

Things like killing important republic characters, or maybe having Revan, this can't really happen if they are trying to keep to Star Wars lore can it?
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-03 at 01:23 AM.

so true but i guess we can only wait and see how they pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Does anyone else feel rather strange how the factions work within the old republic?

Isn't the Sith Empire practically set up to loose this entire thing? How to they reflect it in the Game itself?

These questions often bug me, because it would be weird trying to root for your faction when it's predestined to fail.

Things like killing important republic characters, this can't really happen if they are trying to keep to Star Wars lore can it?
    Unless important lore characters in this game are going to live for the next few thousand years (until the movies are based), then I don't think it matters if they die or not.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-03 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    Unless important lore characters in this game are going to live for the next few thousand years (until the movies are based), then I don't think it matters if they die or not.
    Revan? the Sith Emperor? Any of the important characters in the old republic?

Revan? the Sith Emperor? Any of the important characters in the old republic?
    Uh, TOR is 300 years after KOTOR. If Revan is still alive it would take some serious freaky sith voodoo for that to be the case.

The Sith Emperor on the other hand, IS using Sith Voodoo to keep himself alive. That said theres not a lot known about the Sith Emperor, I suspect the game will flesh more of that out over its course.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-03 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Uh, TOR is 300 years after KOTOR. If Revan is still alive (he isn't) it would take some serious freaky sith voodoo for that to be the case (it isn't).

The Sith Emperor on the other hand, IS using Sith Voodoo to keep himself alive. That said theres not a lot known about the Sith Emperor, I suspect the game will flesh more of that out over its course.
    He will be fully fleshed out in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan. Drew Karpyshyn announced that the identity of the Sith Emperor will be revealed within the book.

Things like killing important republic characters, this can't really happen if they are trying to keep to Star Wars lore can it?
    BIG SPOILER/NDA right there buddy.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-03 at 01:25 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it has been stated that this game is set in a universe that we do not know the outcome of this war. As in an alternate universe. So the sith could win!

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Pretty sure it has been stated that this game is set in a universe that we do not know the outcome of this war. As in an alternate universe. So the sith could win!
    There is no such thing as an alternate universe in star wars. But the Sith could very well win the war and rule the galaxy until The New Sith Wars(2000 BBY)

Don't they have pretty large chunk of timeline where they could do just about anything they want? They could have the Sith win, then have the Republic win it back later leading up to the New Sith Wars and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    No idea where you heard this, but it is 100% wrong in every possible way.
    Anyway, this MMO takes place thousands of years in the past, so really anything could happen.

Uh well I can't really say anything without breaking the NDA, however I doubt the Sith are just going to straight up lose at the end of all the expansions.

Perhaps they end up working together in the end? Just because the Sith are evil several thousand years later, doesn't mean they can't be good for awhile.

Actually, Lucas himself states that he, the creator, pictures what happens in the movies as something which happens in a completely different universe than the Expanded Universe, like Star Trek's alternate universes. He doesn't like dealing with the Expanded Universe, which is why he keeps to to the movie production and anything related to the two trilogies, and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreavus View Post
    Actually, Lucas himself states that he, the creator, pictures what happens in the movies as something which happens in a completely different universe than the Expanded Universe, like Star Trek's alternate universes. He doesn't like dealing with the Expanded Universe, which is why he keeps to to the movie production and anything related to the two trilogies, and nothing else.
    Nope, Everything in the games/comics/novels is canon UNTIL Lucas go there and retcon the whole thing to fulfill his vision( Clone Wars anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Nope, Everything in the games/comics/novels is canon UNTIL Lucas go there and retcon the whole thing to fulfill his vision( Clone Wars anyone?)
    You misunderstood. It does not have to be within the Movies universe in order to be canon.

The sith win and the sith kill each other off that is the way of the sith.

The balance of power has switched many times within Star Wars in just the movies alone. You have the Republic of the prequel movies when there were many Jedis and the clones, then the Empire gained control, then the Rebellion beat the Empire. So the balance of power can change around within SWTOR especially since it happens thousands of years before any of the movies. I honestly wouldn't make a big deal out of.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreavus View Post
    yes this, I am looking for a link to it atm. It has been stated that the outcome inside the MMO is undefined.

10+ Year Old Account
    If general canon is to be believed, events in the galaxy will be shaped by the force, which will act as a tool of balance, shifting the balance from dark to light, then back again, ever striving for some sort of cosmic balance.

Soz, bit too much RP there. :P
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    If general canon is to be believed, events in the galaxy will be shaped by the force, which will act as a tool of balance, shifting the balance from dark to light, then back again, ever striving for some sort of cosmic balance.

Soz, bit too much RP there. :P
    That's dependant upon belief and not of the force itself, as there are varying beliefs to what the force truly is/does, depending on faith of the people. Living force, Unifying Force, etc.