Poll: Who will win in 1-on-1 combat: Darth Vader Vs Sauron (with one ring)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    they "determined" all of them to not be viable, but how? how could they be SURE a big-ass candle wouldn't melt the thing to slag? just saying "it takes magic to do it" isn't an answer. and even if correct, Force? hello? (for the "Force is science" argument, I offer back Arthur C. Clarke - any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic)
    One, that's a silly, and very incorrect quote, especially used in the context of Darth Vader, because the force isn't technology, it's biology. Two, I don't know the exact details, but in universe Gandalf claimed that the ancient dragon Ancalagon The Black isn't powerful enough to destroy the ring by eating it. I believe he said it's possible that the most powerful dragons to ever exist could have melted it, but none of them are still alive to even try it. It's also been stated in the books that it can only be destroyed in mount doom. It's a statement the book made. I'm just saying what Tolkien wrote.

Even so it's a moot point. Even if Vader could destroy the ring, hell if he was standing right on the edge of mount doom, it wouldn't matter. The ring will corrupt anyone eventually, and anger, lust for power, and just evil in general fuel the ring's ability to corrupt. Darth Vader is a sith. Lust for power, and evil, is at the center of sith teachings.

Vader would never strike at the ring or its master. He would take one look at it, and his desire for it would be so strong he would become a servant of the ring instantly.

The very strength of the sith is precisely the reason why a sith could never beat Sauron. The stronger a sith is in the dark side, the more evil they are. The more evil they are, the faster the ring corrupts them. Sauron's ability to corrupt is also much stronger when he's directly attacking your mind with his sorcery.

The battle would never come to blows. Vader would look at him, and be paralyzed out of raw lust. Sauron would then hold out his hand, cast a single mind domination spell, and Vader would be his loyal servant forever. And even if Vader saw it coming he would make no attempt to stop it, and probably no attempt to resist it mentally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Did you not see that scene where the human guy cuts off Saurons finger and he gets destroyed without the ring. Vader is known for removing appendages. Lightsabre the hand, and he wins.
    Why wont they make another episode about you?!

Anyway, Sauron. He's a fucking god.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Palpatine can destroy the entire galaxy with the dark side, and that's precisely why no sith could ever beat Sauron. His power would seduce them just like the dark side of the force.
    The thread is about a 1v1 fight not about who resists or doesn't resist more to power, so yes i still consider vader could win the figHt, no he doesn't need to kill sauron, taking the ring off does it, force power ftw, pull and shit, yeah it seems pretty lame but that's what i think.

But, from your point of view, yes i would totally agree with you that vader and the emperor himself would bow to sauron because of the ring, but like i said before this isn't about who has more power, all vader needs to do to win the fight is take off sauron's ring, tbh who's more powefull? dunno but vader has pretty high chances of wining.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    The thread is about a 1v1 fight not about who resists or doesn't resist more to power, so yes i still consider vader could win the figHt, no he doesn't need to kill sauron, taking the ring off does it, force power ftw, pull and shit, yeah it seems pretty lame but that's what i think.

But, from your point of view, yes i would totally agree with you that vader and the emperor himself would bow to sauron because of the ring, but like i said before this isn't about who has more power, all vader needs to do to win the fight is take off sauron's ring, tbh who's more powefull? dunno but vader has pretty high chances of wining.
    So mind control spells are no longer allowed in 1v1 combat? Why don't we just take away weapons and armor as well. Sauron controls Vader, (Sauron would realistically keep him around as a servant, but for the sake of argument I'll say he won't) he then commands Vader to stand there and do nothing while he walks up to Vader, and removes his face mask. Or hits him in the head with his mace. Or sucks out his life force. Or commands Vader to kill himself. I don't understand why a mind control spell isn't a legitimate means of combat.

people who vote vader have only seen sauron in the movies. Read the books including silmarillian and you'll quickly realize hes about 50 times more powerful then he looked in the movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think Darth would destroy Sauron

Deleted
    Fun fact:
    Both got surprisingly screwed

Darth Vader lose to his son
    Sauron lose to two midgets(and a freak named Smeagol)

Quote Originally Posted by asteest View Post
    Fun fact:
    Both got surprisingly screwed

Darth Vader lose to his son
    Sauron lose to two midgets(and a freak named Smeagol)
    Neither of those are really true. Vader basically killed himself, though I suppose one could argue that Luke did defeat him in a 1 on 1 fight right before that.

For Sauron, it took the efforts of a lot of very powerful people over an extremely long period of time to defeat him. No one person can claim credit for defeating Sauron. Though if any one person could, I would argue that Gandalf did more work than anyone else. Concerning the actual event of the ring being destroyed, that was dumb luck. Though Gandalf did set up that dumb luck in a very direct sense by telling Frodo that Golum still has a part to play. Because of Gandalf's advice, Frodo spared Golum.

So if anyone should take all the credit it's Gandalf.

It would basically be a repeat of what happened with Isildur. Darth Vader would defeat Sauron in combat but wouldn't have the will to destroy the one ring (This is Anakin Skywalker we're talking about) so Sauron wouldn't truly be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore Lord View Post
    It would basically be a repeat of what happened with Isildur. Darth Vader would defeat Sauron in combat but wouldn't have the will to destroy the one ring (This is Anakin Skywalker we're talking about) so Sauron wouldn't truly be dead.
    Isildur was a numenorean king. I doubt Anakin has even close to the will of a pure good superhuman. Even so, the difference between Isildur and Vader, is that Isildur was good to begin with. The ring turned him evil. Darth Vader is already evil, 99% of the work has already been done. In fact, Darth Vader is so evil, he'd be easier to control than an orc.

The more evil you are, the easier it is for Sauron and the ring to control you. It would most certainly not be a repeat of what happened with Isildur, for a lot of reasons.