Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    We just got him 1h ago 10man. We had to lend our guilds other teams spriest(gm with legendary) to get him down. 1pala tank, 3 healers, of them being a smite priest, and then ofc 6 dps.

We had the most struggle on having all 10 players alive in p2 and not wasting a CR, as our tank really needed it for the big adds in p2. And the dps required for the whole fight is really high. Unless you got really pro healers and 2 tanks and can outheal it.

Overall a fun fight. But really fustrating wiping in p2 or 4th platform as it takes 8mins to get to that point.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    The fight is faaaaaaaar too easy on 10man.
    *snip*
    But I can see this fight being VERY hard for people not in heroic firelands gear.
    How can you say both of those things at the same time? Its a normal mode encounter so it should, and is, tuned for people in normal gear - it being easy in heroic gear is obviously going to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    *snip*
    This thread is not a 10 vs 25 thread, despite some people taking it in that direction so stop these posts. Keep it on topic.

For normal we did Red>Green>Yellow>Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    its not wipe-able, there is like nothing that can go wrong. think someone deleted 75% of this fight, also I really hope on heroic we get to kill nzoth after that, METZEN PROMISED to kill the guy signing the paychecks!
    No. No her did not. His quote was "You haven't seen who signs deathwings paycheck". Stop saying people promise. "Blizzard promised this" "Blizzard promised that".

Deleted
    We downed it yesterday, didn't take more than 10 pulls in all honesty. (10 man btw)

I really am disappointed that we don't actually fight DW himself. I thought it's going to be an epic fight and stuff. And also, when Blizzard first described how we are going to fly on Deathwings back I was like DAMN awesomesauce.. But both DW fights are pretty boring.. Meh I liked Firelands more..

My guild got him down in about 3 hours from the beginning of learning Deathwing.

It's an epic fight. It's not difficult though. Rag took us 3 and a half weeks compared to Deathwing which was 2 hours tonight and 30 mins yesterday.

Fun fight on normal 25, not too difficult, wish Deathwing did more then spam adds at us tbh.

Also Hi Aky :P

i had ALOT of mana issues for this fight has a holy priest

The most deadly thing on Madness fight is the jump thing bugging out and a person falling to their death (had that happen to a player in my guild 2 days ago). XD

Concept wise I enjoy the fight. I like the idea of the being that caused the cataclysm being too powerful for a band of 10/25 player characters (mere mortals) to be fought using conventional means. By conventional means I refer to having a tank stand toe-to-toe with Deathwing himself, and manage to stay alive long enough for the casters and melee fighters to cause enough damage for Deathwing to die. That just sounds ridiculous to me.

Allow me to draw a parallel from another ficticious universe that is near and dear to most of us. Lets say you are playing a Star Wars game in which you are in command of a star fighter, and can fly missions solo, or with 4,9, or 24 other starfighters (players) in your squadron. Your next mission is to participate in the destruciton of the Death Star. Now according to a lot of the complaints on this thread, a lot of people would be disappoint if they didn't get to square off toe-to-toe with the most powerful weapon in the galaxy, using the concept of,

"OK, B-Wing one attacks the Death Star first, generating some threat. B-Wing two taunts the Death Star with a "fuck you" over the comm-link to start taking the attacks, so Dizzledroid McFuckstick can repair the damage to B-Wing one before it too sends a profanity over the comm link to the Death Star to start taking attacks again. All the while, your x-wings, and a-wings occasionally pwn some tie fighters (adds) then go back to hopelessly plinking away at the Death Stars shields. Notice you didn't bring any Y-wings with to the fight because well, they just can't do enough damage per second to the Death Star's shields. Meanwhile the Deathstar fires its primary weapon at the rebel base, and destroys every living creature on Yavin-4"

But hey, thats cool, you got to square off with the galaxy's ultimate weapon in a totally unrealistic manner, instead of using a strategy that would work conceptually based on the capabilities you have at your disposal.

Deleted
    Went into the Madness with this setup:

2 healers, paladin + druid
    1 tank(me), warrior
    7 dps, dk, mage, boomkin, ele shaman, 2 rogues + our druid tank in his offspec kitty.

All of us are in almost full hc FL gear so it's easier to meet the dps requirement.

Non the less our healers got bored when we 3 healed so we went with 2 healers and 7 dps.
    After half an hour we were halfway in p2 but we called it cause it was late already. Will kill him tonight and looking forward to the fight on hc. It will be a challenge then.
    Last edited by mmocc0313de6dc; 2011-12-06 at 09:12 AM. Reason: forgot 1 dps

I would have preferred an King Kong style epic aerial battle. Maybe something on rails, rather than the Malygos style of gameplay.

Instead, we just attack Deathwing's fingertips until he topples over. I ask you... if fire ants were biting your fingers, wouldn't you just smash them? Or at least take your hands off the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Toggol View Post
    I would have preferred an King Kong style epic aerial battle. Maybe something on rails, rather than the Malygos style of gameplay.

Instead, we just attack Deathwing's fingertips until he topples over. I ask you... if fire ants were biting your fingers, wouldn't you just smash them? Or at least take your hands off the table?
    If I was hanging on to the table for dear life, and letting go meant falling into the maelstrom, no I would not let go. I think an easy fix for the encounter would be to have Deathwing's upper body visible during phase 1, and have some animations of the dragon writhing in agony as it uses it's last vestiges of energy to pull itself out of the Maelstrom, and a band of advenurers causes what harm they canto force him to let go. I can see how people feel disconnected from Deathwing during the fight, but I truly like the concept behind the player character role in the encounter.

The fight took a lot of pulls for us to get down what order everything needed to be done. Once we got down when to use lust, when to use specific healer CDs and when to use personal DPS CDs it wasn't that long until we had our kill. I really enjoyed the fight as a tank. Plenty of "oooooh no I'm gonna die" moments but not *too* hectic so I could still raid lead.

The only frustrating part, as or rogue pointed out last night (and I'm sure many others have), is that you go through 8 minutes of easy stuff to get to platform 4/phase 2 to learn what to do next. Regardless, I'm a fan of the fight, and I'm pretty sure the rest of our raiders are too.