Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ultraxion 25 Heroic. Exploding your face.

For a fight where the only thing you have to do to win is stand still and heal/dps/tank and push a button every now and then. It's surprisingly fun. Maybe its just that I am a fan of 1 second PoH spamming and getting 14 ticks of divine hymn in 8 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks mighty exciting! /sarcasm
    Looking at it again, you failed on tactics
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Considering you hit the soft enrage at 50%, I think you may have done something just sliiiightly wrong.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Considering you hit the soft enrage at 50%, I think you may have done something just sliiiightly wrong.
    There's no soft enrage. Just hard, instant wipe "enrage".

Deleted
    Supposed to be the gearcheck encounter in DS, i bet they want a real "Gatekeeper" this time, who just instantly crushes u when u dont meet w/e insane DPS requirement they put on it, instead of surviving 40 + seconds with multiple Hunters and Rogues.
    Maybe this time u really have to go trough 6+ lockouts to get gear till u can actually beat him lol

10+ Year Old Account
    297M Health. 6 min enrage. My guild has many of the fastest boss kills in the world on current progression in the last 3 tiers. I'm pretty sure it's over tuned OR not meant to be done in Tier 12. We could have done slightly better if a couple of players had not died to player error or "ptr lag." Not sure if this really exists or is an excuse for failure because I experience none and run nearly my full UI. But perfect play would not have bought us a kill or even another 15%. 5-8% lower possibly. We also were a healer heavy I believe. I'd be surprised if anyone got the boss below 40%.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Please. Do elaborate. You clearly have much experience with new never before seen heroic raid encounters. Judging by all of your experience with past and present heroic raid encounters I would say your just about the leading expert on the subject.
    Last edited by Koilie; 2011-11-03 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    You don't even do Heroic content.....

OT: The fight is probably horribly overtuned at the moment and that's a ridiculous amount of health to burn down in such a short amount of time.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    <----someone who hasn't been on the ptr. Wow you guys literally stood in 1 spot entire fight? Is there more too it than we see? O_O? i see some people run out to get the orb things floating.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicolatino View Post
    Wow you guys literally stood in 1 spot entire fight?
    I literally hope that's how the fight is supposed to be done. I firmly believe every tier should have one "stand still and max the meters" fight. It's good fun.

I have tested it, and the "requires 5 people to take the hour of twilight" is retarded. Have to use rogues, a tank and spriests to stay. (tried with a 3 x 5 people rotation due to having a 2min debuff after taking Hour of Twilight). That coupled with rng with getting Fading Light debuff 2sec prior to hour of twilight when you have to soak it...gg. And yeah the dmg done has to be insane for some reason. We didnt get past 50% either xD.

On a side note... Theres a bug currently where if a feral druid (cat) goes into bear at the start, if a ret paladin uses righteouss fury, if a dps dk uses blood presence at the start, they will gain "last defender of azeroth" i.e getting free 50% cd reduction and lasting 50% longer. Which helps to soak the hour of twilight...working as intended or...real bug?
    Last edited by kovtheinsane; 2011-11-03 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. Once roughly every minute she does hour of twilight and you have to press a button that would be in the middle of your screen on a normal UI. On mine its just the little tiny button that says click to the upper left of my player frame. But on a normal UI its big and flashy and you can't miss it. Check out some video of a normal mode and you should see it.

The "orbs" were running to get are buffs given by the dragon aspects. Thrall buffs the tanks at the start reducing their tanking CDs by half and increasing the duration's by 100% Notice the prot pally has like 100% uptime of DP if you count the 4pc buff. He's chaining a 30s CD that lasts 20s. pretty sick and much needed. The red buff increases healing by 100% and 2 ppl can get it. Green buff duplicates heals causing them to splash on the raid. then the last buff, the one I get is the blue and it increases haste by 100% and reduces mana cost by 75%. (Arcane mage buff right? Lol) But yeah trust me even if a couple dps grabbed it that one comes out last, already like 3 min into the fight and it would only possibly contribute an extra 5-6% damage. The aoe damage at the 5 minute mark is too much to heal through without those buffs currently. It was coming at least once per second possibly slightly faster and was kitting the entire raid for 40-60k. Any deaths increase teh ammount of damage because its shared.

After the first Hour of Twilight the boss starts putting a debuff on his current target called fading light. This makes it a 2 tank fight. the debuff also goes on 6 dps. Players that get the debuff must use their button to go out of the twilight realm a couple seconds before the debuff expires or they die.

That's pretty much it right there. Watch for 1 cast every 50-60s and watch for one debuff. Oh and you have to work out a fairly elaborate cooldown system as the boss requires 5 players to stay up and soak each hour of twilight. Algalon style, but much more nasty.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kovtheinsane View Post
    On a side note... Theres a bug currently where if a feral druid (cat) goes into bear at the start, if a ret paladin uses righteouss fury, if a dps dk uses blood presence at the start, they will gain "last defender of azeroth" i.e getting free 50% cd reduction and lasting 50% longer. Which helps to soak the hour of twilight...working as intended or...real bug?
    Interesting. We didn't catch that, but it would have made it much easier had we known. Around the 3rd hour or so in my vid I remember we had a couple of DKs in the rotation and their cooldowns were not yet up and one of them died the other had an external CD.

I wonder does defender reduce the CD of hand of Sac?
    Last edited by Koilie; 2011-11-03 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    297M Health. 6 min enrage. My guild has many of the fastest boss kills in the world on current progression in the last 3 tiers. I'm pretty sure it's over tuned OR not meant to be done in Tier 12. We could have done slightly better if a couple of players had not died to player error or "ptr lag." Not sure if this really exists or is an excuse for failure because I experience none and run nearly my full UI. But perfect play would not have bought us a kill or even another 15%. 5-8% lower possibly. We also were a healer heavy I believe. I'd be surprised if anyone got the boss below 40%.
    I'm sure people got him below 40. Your guys dps seemed really low (we were getting 45% with over a minute and a half remaining). I wouldn't be surprised on live to see people getting it to ~20 or into the teens even if stacked really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there ANYTHING new on heroic versus normal?
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    Is there ANYTHING new on heroic versus normal?
    More people get fading light at once, and the tanks get raped any time they click their button instead of just losing threat if you don't taunt. I mean, this is a gearcheck boss on all levels, it shouldn't be surprising that the patchwerk of the zone is mostly just 'insane hp and damage' on heroic.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are all presuming that it has to mathematically be killable as soon as it goes live.

Blizzard don't want people clearing content in 24 hours. Baleroc, Staghelm and Ragnaros were all intended to be killed with roughly 386 ilevel average.

Baleroc they messed up by not making the enrage a snap enrage and it was cheeseable, Staghelm was messed up by being able to use Shadow Priests dispersing the cleaves and things to maintain higher Legendary Concentration and Ragnaros didn't have enough uncontrollable damage making it possible to 3 heal early on.

The fight isn't even THAT mathematically challenging. The top Baleroc 25HC parse has 750k raid DPS, there is also movement involved in the Baleroc fight. There is none what-so-ever in Ultraxion.

Ultraxion requires 825k raid DPS to beat, given the buffs alot of players are recieving, the 10% Attack Power buff amongst other stuff, as well as gear upgrades, I see it more than doable.

As I said, people are presuming things are supposed to be done the second stuff goes live. Blizzard wants content to last, maybe for once they'll create a boss that won't be killed within 24 hours of heroics going live and will actually be the gear check that Blizzard tries to create.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    I'm sure people got him below 40. Your guys dps seemed really low (we were getting 45% with over a minute and a half remaining). I wouldn't be surprised on live to see people getting it to ~20 or into the teens even if stacked really well.
    Considering they are nerfing the aoe damage and fixing many bugs in the next build, yeah I'd say a kill even could be possible. I would honestly be sad if a supposed gear check boss could be killed in the previous tier's gear though. I mean 45-50% attempts aside we only worked on it for about an hour. Pretty much learn the mechanics and how to deal with Hour and your set. Work out the tweaks for maximizing damage and finding players that can click a button without going oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    People are all presuming that it has to mathematically be killable as soon as it goes live.

Blizzard don't want people clearing content in 24 hours. Baleroc, Staghelm and Ragnaros were all intended to be killed with roughly 386 ilevel average.

Baleroc they messed up by not making the enrage a snap enrage and it was cheeseable, Staghelm was messed up by being able to use Shadow Priests dispersing the cleaves and things to maintain higher Legendary Concentration and Ragnaros didn't have enough uncontrollable damage making it possible to 3 heal early on.

The fight isn't even THAT mathematically challenging. The top Baleroc 25HC parse has 750k raid DPS, there is also movement involved in the Baleroc fight. There is none what-so-ever in Ultraxion.

Ultraxion requires 825k raid DPS to beat, given the buffs alot of players are recieving, the 10% Attack Power buff amongst other stuff, as well as gear upgrades, I see it more than doable.

As I said, people are presuming things are supposed to be done the second stuff goes live. Blizzard wants content to last, maybe for once they'll create a boss that won't be killed within 24 hours of heroics going live and will actually be the gear check that Blizzard tries to create.
    To be completely fair, the top baleroc parse is also half as long as this fight, and Baleroc has LESS lost dps than Ultrax does (You lose ~a second of dps raidwide on ultraxion every time he does an hour of twilight, plus 6 people losing as much every time he does a fading light, which is very often), and Baleroc can be done as like a single tank 3 healer fight, Ultra is a 2 tank 6 healer fight and that seems unlikely to change. I'm not even sure this hp level is possible even with everyone in next tier gear. It's a LOT of dps to make up, that baleroc vs ultra is apples to oranges.

I should rephrase, it WILL be possible gearing up, but I'd really prefer not to see the only ones killing it be the people stacking legendaries or 15 rogues or the like.

There always should be patchwerk.
    I like this fight.

Blizzard are probably aware of what a fully stacked (10+ casters with the legendary) raid can do and are tuning fights accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will nerf the aoe damage. Will be like rag and we'll have to 3 heal it, giving a shadow priest one of the red buffs and some mages the blue buffs. lol