Thread: Weird domo bug.

Weird domo bug.

So last night on our Domo kill, we had a weird bug go out. So it was cat phase and time to stack. So we did. He went into scorp phase, he immediately shifted back into cat phase. We should have gotten orbs on this cat phase. Now, we are all still stacked and confused. And so he switched again to Scorpion. We got 3 seed phases and only 1 orb phase because of this. Anyone else been able to skip over the orb phase?

Deleted
    Never seen nor heard of this

Deleted
    only bug i seen is the one where the ads randomly go attack a range dps who wasn't even hiting them ( only hiting the boss yo)

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    only bug i seen is the one where the ads randomly go attack a range dps who wasn't even hiting them ( only hiting the boss yo)
    Thats not a bug... Thats because the adds and the boss shares threat, but on in a more... "lagging" way than normal - basicly, imagine rhyoliths two legs that keeps equalling out dmg every so often, so instead of being 100/50%, they'll be 75/75%, no matter which leg you hit. Same goes for the kittys - when you hit the boss, you gain threat on the kitty too. But as it comes in bursts every 5-10 seconds, the tank might lose aggro on a kitty while still holding the boss. Also, staghelm jumps to a caster, thus putting himself in melee range of that caster, and giving the kitty "melee threat" for a few seconds, making the caster overaggro if he or she is too high on the threat list.

As for OP - I have never experienced not getting orbs, but him shifting in and out of form could be because someone shuffled just a bit too far, and got out of the group, then shuffled back in, forcing a quick phase change.

Deleted
    Seen the problem the OP is talking about. Make sure your melee are not so far away when standing behind him that they don't count as stacked.

Sounds like your players where not stacking correctly. We've had people stood 3 yards away from the stack point cause a cat, and an added Seed / Orb Phase. Have people stack exactly on a specific point, not next to it, on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    So last night on our Domo kill, we had a weird bug go out. So it was cat phase and time to stack. So we did. He went into scorp phase, he immediately shifted back into cat phase. We should have gotten orbs on this cat phase. Now, we are all still stacked and confused. And so he switched again to Scorpion. We got 3 seed phases and only 1 orb phase because of this. Anyone else been able to skip over the orb phase?

My guild had the exact thing happen on our first normal kill a loooong time ago.
    We all stacked at the start, and he switched forms like 4-5 times in his way down the stairs.

Its true, sometimes he skips phases if he switches forms too fast.
    For example if you make him switch form in the beginning, he will start orb phase immediatly.
    Looks like bug, but not really annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pre-nerf we had that happen in a 10 man normal kill. We did it accidentally, but like in your case it actually let us skip the orbs making the fight even simpler (we were having some issues with orbs before that :P).

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened last week on our 10hc kill, but we figured it out, since there has to be at least 7 people stacked to get Scorpion phase we had Me + Mage out then our rogue is supposed to go out to and stand behind the boss so he keep the buff. when he first stood in the stack @ pull he went to Scorpion phase then when he Shadow stepped when the boss came closer he went cat and scorpion and we got all seeds then orbs and all things went crazy!

But what we did is I stayed in untill boss where in melee range then I went out and it worked fine!

Something similar happened to us last night on 10hm. Collapsed after first orbs disappeared during cat phase. He shifted multiple times, stun went out, and then another orb phase. There was no seed phase between them but he gained buff stacks equivalent to how many times he'd have to form change between orb phases.

We didn't determine whether or not we had someone tap dancing or if it was just a weird occurance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Its true, sometimes he skips phases if he switches forms too fast.
    For example if you make him switch form in the beginning, he will start orb phase immediatly.
    Looks like bug, but not really annoying.
    We had this happen during heroic attempts also. I argued and argued and people insisted we did seeds phase perfectly which I know there's no way we did. We had 2 orbs because he transformed 3 times really fast.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

We had a really weird bug on majordomo where he fixated on all pets randomly near the start of the fight - about 5 seconds after he got to the tank (plenty of threat compared to some of the below names)
    BM pet - high threat so wasn't surprising given our hunter sometimes derps :P
    Affli pet - this was odd
    All totems - wat
    He then returned to attacking us, after successfully crippling certain players dps at the start of the fight ¬¬

That would've been a nifty bug before the nerf, lol. Avoiding a second seed phase would have made me SO happy.

Had it happen in our run, when we had people mess up stacking - resulting in a few fast swaps (cat > scorp (without orbs that should have be there) > back to cat.

Haven't been able to duplicate it, but it was a nice wol parse

Deleted
    Only bug we had was when we screwed up stacking that the boss shifted multiple times but we never got orbs. happened in 2 lockouts recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    reminds me of my 1st kill on hc beasts bck in togc icehowls breath was everlasting and did no dmg

had a similar situatin with alys last week despite being at 100 power she didnt take off

thease cinda bugs are rare but so get in the game

Deleted
    Only domo bug i ever encountered was the "no fire orb spawning" thing. Made it a very easy kill.