Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alysrazor flying

So we went from 25N to 10HC last night. I was doing half-way decent in 25, with 50-60k by the end of the fight, and about 20mil+ damage. Now though I feel I'm doing worse, disregarding the fact that I've only had 3 tries on it. Only did 10mil dmg and 26k dps 7 mins into it and our fire mage does double on both figures.
    What can I do to improve it overall?
    Should I reforge everything into mastery for this fight? (I also have a Razer Naga to abuse for easy MF and steering)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...argur/advanced
    p.s. log if it matters http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q0pb6ux9r2klmx8t/
    Last edited by Vargur; 2011-11-03 at 08:31 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Logs, please.

Not sure what you're doing, but as long as you're getting all the rings, keep your rotation up as normal, vamp touch SWP and DP should alwasy be up, once you get the extra crit buff you should be using shadowfiend as much as possible. i've done it myself many times, tell me what you are doing during the fight and maybe i can help you some more

With that gear, 60k at the end of the fight on 25N is pretty horrible, seeing as I did 85kish with almost the same gear (worse rings and neck and legs).

My guess is that u must have missed many rings, or just failed at keeping up your rotation. Checked the logs, your MB cast is waaaay lower than it should be, and so is your VT uptime. 33% ES uptime is veeery bad
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2011-11-03 at 09:29 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

you never got alysra's razor???

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:38 AM ----------

excerpts from logs:

[23:52:09.641] Vargur afflicted by Blazing Power (14)
    [23:52:28.326] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:28.592] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:29.285] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:29.525] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:29.780] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:30.244] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:49.630] Unknown's Blazing Power fades from Vargur
    [23:53:46.392] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    this is fail.
    [23:55:08.831] Vargur afflicted by Blazing Power (15)
    [23:55:48.839] Unknown's Blazing Power fades from Vargur
    [23:55:49.223] Vargur's Molten Feather fades from Vargur
    [23:56:16.094] Vargur gains Molten Feather from Vargur
    this is fail.

you need to stack blazing power high because a) it increases dps innately and b) it gives you another dps increasing buff (75% crit)

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:40 AM ----------

you don't need to be getting new feathers every firestorm or whatever its called. you don't even need to fly down if you feel like glyphing dispersion

Yeah, you let it fade between landings, when you should be getting Razor just before the second landing. Since you have a fire mage, you can just send him up if you need the people on the ground to clear the adds away. We really messed this up last night (to the point where I was ashamed to kill it) and still managed it on the first attempt...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I guess it takes a bit more practice then, compared to normal. Yes, never got to 25 stacks, guess that was the reason. I had some personal issues. :\

Deleted
    Remember you dont need to go down for firestorms, just stay up in air, disperse through firestorms (in fact you can even self-heal yourself through them but dangerous). Remember to use Glyph of Dispersion.

Deleted
    You dont ever have to go down for firestorm; disperse every first and outheal ever second (renew + spam GH on urself (the amount of haste you got makes ur renew tick like 3 times per second, obv (near) guaranteed crits and GH will sort the rest)), this way u get more uptime and shouldn't miss any ring.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 11:24 AM ----------

Also, make a power auras for all 3 of the buff/denuded for flying (Wing duration, crit duration and haste stacks) so you know how much "slack" you got. Once u get the crit buff you can easily fly down and help with adds by dotting them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Good tip Jinxiijay and sahtila. What would be the point where MB would stop being useful, compared to MF? I can usually tell myself, but it's different circumstances from 25N.

Still, no one said anything about mastery. Would reforging everything into it be beneficial overall on the fight?
    Last edited by Vargur; 2011-11-03 at 10:44 AM.

moshic, you don't need practice -- you are doing something fundamentally wrong. after firestorm you just spam clicked feathers even though it didn't do anything.
    [23:52:09.641] Vargur afflicted by Blazing Power (14)
    [23:52:25.893] Antiad casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:28.326] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:28.592] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:29.285] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:29.525] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:29.780] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:30.244] Vargur casts Molten Feather
    [23:52:39.618] Vargur's Wings of Flame fades from Vargur

pre-nerf in heroic it helped a lot to use a /cancelaura macro so you could click on a new feather to shoot you up / refresh wings of flame immediately after firestorm. when they changed it to 30 seconds they made it entirely unnecessary afaik.

fly down or disperse firestorm, immediately fly back up.

You should have 15 stacks by the time of the first firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Good tip Jinxiijay and sahtila. What would be the point where MB would stop being useful, compared to MF? I can usually tell myself, but it's different circumstances from 25N.

Still, no one said anything about mastery. Would reforging everything into it be beneficial overall on the fight?
    There is no point at which you stop casting MB. A big MB is also worth the GCD it will cause.

Don't bother reforging to mastery, you should be able to pull ~65k at LEAST with your gear. Use your archangel properly. Once at the start, again when you get Alysra's razor, and a third time when he falls down for burnout and has 50% increased damage taken. Then just spam MF and MB on CD, and sw:death if applicable. GL.

Here: I recorded our last nights kill for you with me flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M59fKFRmDqg

Enjoy and learn ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crpzz View Post
    Here: I recorded our last nights kill for you with me flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M59fKFRmDqg

Enjoy and learn ;-)
    Good video but I'd recommend swooping down after 25 stacks to help downstairs on the adds. Especially on druids and the meteors.

Nah, we have 5 dps downstairs, they should be able to take the adds without any problems.
    I'd rather keep doing a ton of dps on the boss and keeping alot of VE healing on the tanks up with that.

25 stacks, keep dots + ES rolling, then let Mind Sear do the heavy lifting at 25 stacks. Don't believe me? Try it out. (or go read H2P forums on the matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozerin View Post
    25 stacks, keep dots + ES rolling, then let Mind Sear do the heavy lifting at 25 stacks. Don't believe me? Try it out. (or go read H2P forums on the matter)
    I'm not sure that MS over MF has been proven to be better? Given you can have 100% shadow fiend uptime if you use MF at 25 stacks.

I'm going to try that next week!

Yea, I don't think we ever came to a definite conclusion on H2P on it. There was a lot of situational things (like fewer shadowfiends and stuff) that made it hard to pinpoint if it was actually better or not. However, it is a bit easier to manage once you are at 25 stacks, and it doesn't seem to hurt at all so if you try it and you like it then there isn't too much of a reason not to.