Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Yeah, I expected it to be at least 10 pre-orders. My guild has exactly 4, so I have the very same screen!

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Ixator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    658
    "I won't usually say 'soon' if it's weeks. "
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

  3. #23
    7 accounts, ready for deployment! woot

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkconater View Post
    7 accounts, ready for deployment! woot
    Are you saying you have 7 accounts? Or you have 7 folks in guild?

  5. #25
    ya know if you go from a clandestine sorta point of view i would say that TOR is absolutely ready, and they are hiding that fact by boosting hype for more betas. As well as keeping the open beta thing continously speculated about.

    in that case WoW would be on its ass when "IF" TOR is going early release and maybe even earlier than stated game release. Think about it Why would they open phase 3 of guild launch sooo early. WE ALL know devs and TOR fans alike that WoW has spies within their game forums and beta testing so this would be a great way to keep them in the dark.

    Its so that they can get the server distribution of players sorted out now so that "IF" they do early access/release earlier than stated there will be no game crashed because all players will already be sorted out on what servers to play on. Course this course of action also seems like the smart thing to do since when applying for guilds they ask your server type and time zone lol

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    ya know if you go from a clandestine sorta point of view i would say that TOR is absolutely ready, and they are hiding that fact by boosting hype for more betas. As well as keeping the open beta thing continously speculated about.

    in that case WoW would be on its ass when "IF" TOR is going early release and maybe even earlier than stated game release. Think about it Why would they open phase 3 of guild launch sooo early. WE ALL know devs and TOR fans alike that WoW has spies within their game forums and beta testing so this would be a great way to keep them in the dark.

    Its so that they can get the server distribution of players sorted out now so that "IF" they do early access/release earlier than stated there will be no game crashed because all players will already be sorted out on what servers to play on. Course this course of action also seems like the smart thing to do since when applying for guilds they ask your server type and time zone lol
    Unfortunately, I strongly doubt that they gave a false release date, though it would be a nice thing.

    You're open beta statement is odd, since BioWare reps have repeatedly directly stated that they will not be holding a full open beta.

    As for server stress etc., that's the purpose of the staggered early access, which is why I scratch my head any time someone says 3 days early access tops. That's stupidly little staggering when, according to the only numbers we have access to, physical copies sold in the US, 760k+ people have preordered. With digital + half of Europe being unknown, you're probably looking at triple that number in reality.

    Personally, I don't see early access being anything less than a full week, probably 10 days for earliest preorders.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You're open beta statement is odd, since BioWare reps have repeatedly directly stated that they will not be holding a full open beta.



    Personally, I don't see early access being anything less than a full week, probably 10 days for earliest preorders.
    never said anything bout open beta??? but there is beta testing going on behind closed doors and i am sure wow people are in on it.

    Also 10 days sounds good for early access, but if they do the guilds now then the stress test will go with little flaw and they can see just how many more can fit on server before a crash

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    never said anything bout open beta??? but there is beta testing going on behind closed doors and i am sure wow people are in on it.

    Also 10 days sounds good for early access, but if they do the guilds now then the stress test will go with little flaw and they can see just how many more can fit on server before a crash
    I can't follow your line of thinking here.

    There will not be an open beta, however there will be at least one more large weekend beta event.

    I woudlnt bet on early access being more than 3-7days at best. My guess is 3-4.

    The closed beta will probably run close to release to get feedback for the release patch.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    never said anything bout open beta??? but there is beta testing going on behind closed doors and i am sure wow people are in on it.

    Also 10 days sounds good for early access, but if they do the guilds now then the stress test will go with little flaw and they can see just how many more can fit on server before a crash
    "As well as keeping the open beta thing continously speculated about." Straight from the second line of your proceeding post. There is no speculation, they directly said there wouldn't be one, it isn't feasible with 1.5mil testers signed up.

    Quote Originally Posted by jearle
    I can't follow your line of thinking here.

    There will not be an open beta, however there will be at least one more large weekend beta event.

    I woudlnt bet on early access being more than 3-7days at best. My guess is 3-4.

    The closed beta will probably run close to release to get feedback for the release patch.
    3-4 days is not enough to stagger even the current number of box sales in the US, let alone the digitals + the ones they will sell in the next 6 or so weeks.

    I'm thinking minimum 5, more than likely a full week, hopefully 10 days.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    from the official board:

    StephenReid General Discussion -> Early Access Speculation Thread

    We'll be giving everyone an update on Early Game Access quite soon.
    They're waiting for the deployment date for 4.3, possibly. Announcing it too soon will give Blizzard too much planning time. Having them not know might potentially cause them to rush the patch out before December.

    I'm fine though if Blizzard picks December 6th for 4.3 though. It might mean Early Access on the 5th ... well I can hope, can't I?
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-03 at 08:23 PM.

  11. #31
    Not that it was expected, but Stephen Reid said "No" on twitter to Early Access starting in November.

    Pretty obvious fact from what they have said in the past but figured I'd mention it in case anyone didn't follow him on twitter.

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire Nihilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anodyne Sea
    Posts
    405
    Well they have said long ago that Early Access is days, not weeks.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

  13. #33
    The Patient Slugfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In your fridge, drinking your beer
    Posts
    301
    My guild is phase 3 with 20 confirmed members. We also have our allies/adversaries picked out as well. Since there is no official oceanic server (I work EST but on 2nd shift so oceanic guilds work the best at present) we are all forming a sort of daisy chain so all the oceanic guilds end up (more or less) on the same server.

    Details here; http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=275874
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

  14. #34
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Well they have said long ago that Early Access is days, not weeks.
    The quote said it will be more than a weekend but not weeks, so 10 days is still in.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Are you saying you have 7 accounts? Or you have 7 folks in guild?
    LOL! I see your confusion. 7 folks in the guild.

  16. #36
    man i need 1 more person to join to get the green light



    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Don't Blizzard have 'Soon' trademarked? There might be possibly litigation if BW were to use it.
    Bioware and Blizzard are not the only "Soon"ers !!! Hyperion Entertainment used "Soon" 10 years ago, with sort of the same meaning like the B&B's... ^^
    But then some people at Hyperion are Bioware fans, so maybe Bioware was first? Did they already "Soon" at Baldur's Gate times?

    Don't think Blizzard did "Soon"-jokes 10 years ago (Pre-WoW) already, but not 100% sure...

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 02:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    They're waiting for the deployment date for 4.3, possibly. Announcing it too soon will give Blizzard too much planning time. Having them not know might potentially cause them to rush the patch out before December.

    I'm fine though if Blizzard picks December 6th for 4.3 though. It might mean Early Access on the 5th ... well I can hope, can't I?
    I think they both wait for each other right now. Last patches for 4.3 PTR were minimal. I still suspect that Blizzard will wait longer. After they already know
    that Bioware HAS to start Early access before 20th December, which gives them the data they need to know...

    My personal guess: Bioware announced 13th December, and Blizzard then goes for 6th December.

    Personally I would prefer if they both took - the dates a bit APART. It would be really appreciated by customers playing both games. Thanks. But I know this will not happen. They WILL make it close together...
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •