Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Post your halloween costumes! ^_^

My wife and I ran around as forsaken... er... zombies! Muahahaha!

I must say, there's a lot more children and parents that won't be sleeping for the next week.

If anyone's got em, post your Halloween costumes!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol epic... I just run around as adam... Its shocking/scary too

10+ Year Old Account
    where did you get those contacts. Im pretty sure that selling contacts without a prescription is illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    where did you get those contacts. Im pretty sure that selling contacts without a prescription is illegal.
    lol, you can buy them from toy stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Only in the US, and even then it's hardly enforced from what I hear.

Im supposed to be link but i didnt go all out and had many people who thought i was peter pan or robin hood smh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBlunder View Post
    lol, you can buy them from toy stores.
    Knew a guy one halloween who ended up buying those from a halloween store. He landed in the hospital that night from being blind and intense pain. Eye doctor the next day said that it's illegal to sell but its impossible to prosecute. Take it as you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer your question, I wouldn't buy them from the US as I'm pretty sure it is illegal and you may get stuck with something crappy.

I bought mine from http://www.youknowit.com for something like $21 a pair. That website is owned by http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/

It is a reputable place as I've bought several things from there. They were shipped from the UK.

My parents owned an eyeglass shop for around 20 years so I'm familiar with what a contact should look and feel like before jamming them in my eyes.

I soaked them in contact lens solution for about a day before wearing them. I do not nor have I ever worn contact lenses because of prescription.

These felt a tad bit thicker than a regular contact. I could tell they were in my eyes. However, after wearing them for around 5 hours, I had no real discomfort or problems with them. I will buy them again.

My wife has REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY sensitive eyes (I mean we're talking... ok are you serious.. you got something in your eye AGAIN? type of eyes) and she was able to wear them for 5 hours as well but said her eyes felt a little irritated at the end of the night. Again, she said she would buy them again.

I attempted to make a Tauren Druid Bear costume this year. I'm anything but professional when it comes to costume making but it came out okay I guess. Prob would have been better if I stuffed a pillow in the suit to make it look bigger (it's a men's costume so it was pretty baggy on me anyhow) but it was a bit warm that day so I didn't really want to make the costume any warmer lol. I took this pic for my guild, I figured a dead bear was pretty appropriate:P (Lol you'll have to excuse my daughter's toys in the background)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I attempted to make a Tauren Druid Bear costume this year. I'm anything but professional when it comes to costume making but it came out okay I guess. Prob would have been better if I stuffed a pillow in the suit to make it look bigger (it's a men's costume so it was pretty baggy on me anyhow) but it was a bit warm that day so I didn't really want to make the costume any warmer lol. I took this pic for my guild, I figured a dead bear was pretty appropriate:P (Lol you'll have to excuse my daughter's toys in the background)
    Coulda passed it off as a wookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew a guy one halloween who ended up buying those from a halloween store. He landed in the hospital that night from being blind and intense pain. Eye doctor the next day said that it's illegal to sell but its impossible to prosecute. Take it as you will.
    well around here its not illegal since you buy it at your own risk and most of the stories are just lame urban legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mad Hatter

I won our office's costume contest with it.

that mad hater costume looks sweet. im kinda tired of always seeing people disguised as zombies... its always the same stuff over and over. hallowen used to be about witches and ghouls and other monsters now its 99% zombie 1% other. i myself disguised as itachi from the akatsuki though i dont have any pics from hallowen yet
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    Mad Hatter
    I won our office's costume contest with it.
    Wow I can see why! That's a really good costume!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    To answer your question, I wouldn't buy them from the US as I'm pretty sure it is illegal and you may get stuck with something crappy.

I bought mine from http://www.youknowit.com for something like $21 a pair. That website is owned by http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/

It is a reputable place as I've bought several things from there. They were shipped from the UK.

My parents owned an eyeglass shop for around 20 years so I'm familiar with what a contact should look and feel like before jamming them in my eyes.

I soaked them in contact lens solution for about a day before wearing them. I do not nor have I ever worn contact lenses because of prescription.

These felt a tad bit thicker than a regular contact. I could tell they were in my eyes. However, after wearing them for around 5 hours, I had no real discomfort or problems with them. I will buy them again.

My wife has REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY sensitive eyes (I mean we're talking... ok are you serious.. you got something in your eye AGAIN? type of eyes) and she was able to wear them for 5 hours as well but said her eyes felt a little irritated at the end of the night. Again, she said she would buy them again.

I bought contacts from the same site you mentioned and also had zero troubles with them. They were inexpensive and were shipped in 3 days. I bought 0 Power and quickly forgot I was wearing them, so even after having them in for many hours my eyes felt fine and remained unaffected by any possible harm.

I just wish they showed up in the pictures I took In person, they easily show as being green with bright orange in the center.

Found one! Horrible face but the colors show http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/337...ercontacts.jpg
    Last edited by Scratchee; 2011-11-03 at 09:35 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    non-prescription contacts are not illegal to sell in US, if the have no effect on vision they are novelty and not medical device, can be bought tons of places here legit

that mad hatter costume is SICK. Nice job, dude.

I just went in my normal clothes, and when people asked what I was, I said a werewolf when it's not a full moon.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Zombies and Mad Hatter.... Good lord man, awesome work! *Wild applause*

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lariandra View Post
    that mad hatter costume is SICK. Nice job, dude.
    Thanks I'm actually not a dude though....

Managed to fool everyone at work and even my boyfriend before I told them it was me.