Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    ac1 is the only one worth skipping, if you dont play AC2 and ACB (in order) then dont bother getting revelations. not even for multiplayer (which has roots in the storyline as well)

AC1 lays the foundation for the overarcing story but the majority is about altair. the major plot stuff doesnt start showing up until the end altho its slightly hinted at at around the middle. the mission structure of AC1 is completely different from the other games in the series which is what the "repetitive" comments are referring to

in AC2 the story literally explodes, tons of different story arcs appear and you play as ezio. probably the best game in the series. you HAVE to play this one

ACB the story focuses more on the overarcing storyline but still continues with the ezio story, you most likely want to beat this b/c theres a HUGE FUCKING TWIST at the end...
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with what some people have said, if you're into stories, then definitely don't skip the first 3. I can't imagine how confusing 2 or 3 would have been if I had just jumped into them, they were already mind-blowing with the backstory.

Deleted

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    I've only played and beat the first one and that was when it first came out so it was a while ago. While the story was great I do agree on the gameplay being somewhat repetitive but I still completed the whole thing (flags and all, I'm the "collect all heart pieces and secret items in zelda games type of guy"). Now I have the 2nd one but for some reason I haven't brought myself to start playing it (been playing other zelda games and watching Lost XD) but from what I was told it was much less repetitive while keeping the good story and more customization so I'd say that you probably should look into them OP.
    Mate play AC 2, it's defonitly a trade up from the first game, it's not as repetitive as the first, and the story is wicked, you play Ezio from when he was born all the way up until his (40s?), don't want to spill to much but it's defo worth playing.

To OP: the title of question is redundant its like asking 'Is air worth breathing?' =DDDD

The only way you should skip any of them imho is if you're literally allergic to fun.

AC 1 can be a bit boring at some points, but the story is awesome, and Altaïr is badass. I feel AC 1 was a bit more focused on story/being kinda new type of game at the time, so yes can be a bit boring near the end but I would still recommend playing it, as it is still a very good game.

AC 2 and AC:Brotherhood on the other hand, best freaking games I have ever played. I got 100% sync on both of them. I didn't get in to the multiplayer though, but gonna have to test it on Revelations.

I would recommend playing them all in order, so you know the whole story.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

It's my favorite series
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh come now - they aren't that repetitive, stop with the jibber jabber. They are great games, with a great story and a great atmosphere.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 11:59 PM ----------

Whining apparently.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 12:01 AM ----------

Yeah it doesn't blend well, I'll give you that - Also I'm not a big fan of how "what's his face" Desmond will appear now and then in Revelations as a ghost-Altair whatever.... Though I suppose the sci-fi bit is obvious, since the whole game revolves around the Crusaders having invented a rather fancy machine we probably won't ever see in real life heh.
    Yeah, the animus-thingy itself is a nice touch since it allows the developers all the tools to make believeable transistions etc. However, it could've existed in other kind of storybuilds too.

its worth playing all so you can understand the references, also with revelations being about Altair its worth doing number one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The only way you should skip any of them imho is if you're literally allergic to fun.
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally

OT: I guess I am part of the 1% who hates this series. Meh.