Deleted

Randomly messed up textures

Hey.

Every now and then, completely randomly, I get textures like these. I don't really even know how to describe them, they just.. I don't know.

Like said, they happen randomly and I can recall getting them in WoW as well as in Battlefield 3, though it's worth mentioning that I haven't really played other games recently, so problem may or may not exist there.

Temperatures, at least for GPU, is not an issue, since they're at 50 celsius (game running in the background, with the.. texture atm).
    Motherboard is 41C
    And CPU shows 79-80 degrees, thugh each core giving temperature of 77C. That one is too high for my liking, but shouldn't affect this one?

Anycase, specs for computer are:
    AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965
    MB: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    8Gb worth of DDR3-1333 RAM in (2x4gb)
    MSI's Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 560 Ti

I just updated NVidia's drivers few days ago, but it is worth mentioning that the texture stuff has existed before. However, before BF3 I just opted to fix by swapping WoW's multisampling from 1x to 2x and then back (as in restarting UI does the trick?). Also worth noting that in BF3 the issue is much more common and happens pretty much every time.. though I did manage to run SP once without having having this issue until the valley map (and then it was fixed by restarting game). And I think I didn't have any more until I was done with the campaign. But now whatever I try I'm very likely to get this thingy. Just random rexture stretched to eternity.

Thanks for help.

Edit. Thought I'd explain more clearly what I mean by stretching, this one shows that pretty clearly. Starts from the rock, and then it goes. And goes.
    Last edited by mmoc3034e172e6; 2011-11-03 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Another screenshot

I used to have this problem back in Guild Wars when I was running a really old system, and it was a problem with my graphics card being unable to handle the graphics.. However it seems that your system should have absolutely no problems running WoW.. What graphics setting are you running WoW on? (Low, Fair, Medium, High, Ultra, or custom?)

80C is way too high temp for PhenomII, it should start overheat throttle at about 70C already.

Anyway, graphics glitches like that are caused by either broken drivers or overheating/broken graphics card. Since graphics card temperatures are normal, it's most likely that the card is physically broken
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    At the moment they're ranging from good to fair (with view distance at ultra) due to having to record some stuff while playing. They have been higher, but I haven't noticed any difference with how often the glitches appear. I think I haven't noticed any glitching inside raids though. Just for a try I dropped everything to low and at least it didn't fix the texture instantly. And actually, /reload didn't fix it either. Putting Multisampling to 2x made it to disappear though, as usual. However same glitch does appear every now and then even if I keep it as 2x.

On BF3 I'm running mostly on ultra with good FPS, shadows are on good and MSAA has been ranging from 0 to 4. So the card is capable of providing graphical beauty.

Oh, and GPU is not overclocked and CPU was raised just 10 MhZ from original values, hardly worth pointing out.

Edit. as far as card being broken, I didn't notice any glitches back when Crysis 2 was released (discounting beta driver bug that was NVidia's fault) None. I played it through a few times, plus going through original Crysis. Should the fault lie in broken card, shouldn't it show itself in pretty much everywhere (including even Windows 7?) Even moreso since it even gives trouble in WoW which is not graphically demanding.

Also, while I believe it to be unrelated, drivers randomly do crash in Windows 7 and restart themselves, but from what I read it was quite common for them to crash and restart in Win7 due to some "feature".
    Last edited by mmoc3034e172e6; 2011-11-03 at 05:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    80C is way too high temp for PhenomII, it should start overheat throttle at about 70C already.
    This is the number 1 thing you should focus on, OP. Your CPU is rated for up to 62°C. Even if AMD reports their max temps as tCase, that makes the maximum temp at the core level around 82°C. Your CPU temp is dangerously high. Deal with that first, then deal with your graphics.