Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Desperate Prayer

Am i the only one who has taken up desperate prayer?
    It has helped me a few times already, albeit mostly often hiding my fails of almost killing myself. But it has been useful none the less.Currently 10 man raiding with 6/7hc.

My current talent tree is
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhcrosbcRMocuMZ0o

So is there anyone else using it?

Deleted
    Yeah I use the same on my priest!

As a Holy Priest, the only times I use this, it doesn't heal me for 30% hp. It heals me for more than half, and that's not even considering the Echo it gives.

I love this little freebie, so much.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    As a Holy Priest, the only times I use this, it doesn't heal me for 30% hp. It heals me for more than half, and that's not even considering the Echo it gives.

I love this little freebie, so much.
    yup, it seems to benefit from everything... blessed resilience / test of faith / guardian spirit. It's a very nice lifesaver on a relatively short CD.

You can either use it as an 'oshit' button, or you can choose to stand in a bit more fire to keep someone else alive, knowing you can essentially LoH yourself.

I have this, although I tend to forget i do

15+ Year Old Account
    I like leaning on it, but if the talent trees stay as they are, I won't be taking it come Patch 5.0.

I take it most of the time. Lately I haven't been grabbing it as disc, but I'm thinking about changing that.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    DP really helps when PvPing, wish we had more talent points to spend, would pick it up for PvE, just too many other good talents to take as Disc.

I was using it in my holy spec because the alternatives were useless. However, I almost never need it, so I definitely don't take it as discipline.

Deleted
    I like it in holy but spec out of it in disc (not enough points to take it as I prefer to have 1% haste).
    I think it remains very situational and while it can be useful to cover some mistakes on progress, it rapidly becomes a wasted talent (or you begin to use it only to pad) when you know encounters.
    Also why do you 3/3 Inner Sanctum?

Desperate Prayer has saved me more than once on Heroic Domo, late into the fight if Im eating a fire orb stack *and* he leaps on me, it's a bit too much dmg to heal through while running out of the fire circle. On 10 man, I'm basically on my own to keep myself alive due to range issues. Outside of that, haven't had much use/need for it aside from convenience/neat factor.

I'd rather have it and rarely use it, and not have it when I need it.

I suppose that makes me pro gun rights? :/

Desperate Prayer + Blessed Resil are a match made in heaven and I love love love it
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

As Holy DP is definitively worthwile, because it also benefit from the +15% healing from spiritual healing. And i will take it also in 5.0 as holy, if holy also benefits from spiritual healing in 5.0 (if blizzard do not change something fundamentally in holys mana regeneration, the +30% in self-shielding together with the high mana cost of the shield and the lower absorb function of Power Word: Shield as holy is too mana intensive compared to a free heal, that is able to crit)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Also why do you 3/3 Inner Sanctum?
    Most of the damage taken is magic damage. I am not really assigned tanking healing too as we have a paladin on that. I guess i could go one in inner sanctum and 2 points into focused will. I tend to only use my shield every cd to get rapture procs that's about it or emergency shielding.

I don't take it as Disc merely because a Power Word: Shield has essentially the same effect, and doesn't cost a talent point.

As holy, where the point is pretty much free, it is really amazing the sticky situations it can get you out of.

Deleted
    I love Desperate Prayer as a holy priest. Saved me in some ''O Shit'' situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the number of times I have cheated death with this spell. Definitely a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by Syantaa View Post
    Oh the number of times I have cheated death with this spell. Definitely a must have.
    This.

I wonder why would you say no to a second healthstone? Especially when it's reusable and heals for more. It has saved my ass countless of times, even as disc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Second healthstone? Heals for like 5 times more and you can use it several times per fight!

Deleted
    I use it.. Everytime I want to walk through fire.