Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Since people often assert their opinions as fact, while dismissing others opinions as wrong since they disagree, or dismissing facts as opinions, it's not as easy as you make it seem In my opinion.
    Don't worry, fixed for you.

Never really liked GW1 at all, found it pretty freakin' boring.

GW2 i started out looking at as just as boring and lame. Spent months watching trailers and gameplay, ALL of them looked crappy, I was pretty un-convinced.

Then i saw a Video of some thief game play done by Totalbiscuit, and it peaked my curiosity a bit, and without a subscription fee, I figure I will buy it now (nothing to lose really) If only to try out that one class, who knows I may even enjoy it.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    No need to do that, it is easy for people to tell the difference between an opinion and fact.
    obviously, the "people" you mention doesn't include yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Never really liked GW1 at all, found it pretty freakin' boring.

GW2 i started out looking at as just as boring and lame. Spent months watching trailers and gameplay, ALL of them looked crappy, I was pretty un-convinced.

Then i saw a Video of some thief game play done by Totalbiscuit, and it peaked my curiosity a bit, and without a subscription fee, I figure I will buy it now (nothing to lose really) If only to try out that one class, who knows I may even enjoy it.
    I think his asura guardian video is my favorite. I really wish all the animations in the game were of the same quality as the Asura.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I think his asura guardian video is my favorite. I really wish all the animations in the game were of the same quality as the Asura.
    The animations across the board are pretty well done IMO. though my main gripe is any and all footage I have seen of caster classes is just uggggggh boring. Also the underwater combat seems much too gimmicky too me, I think i will just avoid it at all times. I must say though, the "last Stand COD-esque" deaths, where you crawl around abit while bleeding out seem pretty cool.

I never liked guild wars I just couldn't get into it. The game really never had the same effect on me as vanilla wow did. I just loved the exploring and world pvp it just made everything so exciting for me and I never really like how everything was instanced in guild wars. Guild Wars 2 however looks amazing and it has also gotten me into the original guild wars. I just hope guild wars 2 will have some cool hidden things when you explore like wow did and I figure WvWvW will be close enough to world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Buy Nightfall. Get heroes. Prophecies has the slowest start and is the least user-friendly.

Gear in Guild Wars is only there to mitigate damage too. Once you get max gear, your only incentive to change gear is for cosmetic appeal.

Skills are bought from trainers outside from the first 5-10. The first few trainers won't have all the skills available to the profession you choose (unless you've already unlocked all the normal skills/ bought a pvp unlock pack). Trainers in Elona can't teach you skills from Cantha or visa versa.
    I agree with him. But because prophecies (is what the game that you try out in the trial is called) gives GW1 such a bad taste to first time players I dont think anyone is out buying it anymore. The expansions are really what make GW1 a lot better. I honestly liked GW1 because it was LIKE WoW in the fact that I got the same amount of fantasy and stuff that I wanted in that kind of game without a subscription fee every month. To tell you the truth, if WoW didn't have a fee every month, I would probably play it. But I dont feel like I should have to buy the game and then keep paying for it. Its not a car that you should have to maintain every month or whatev. Thats just my pov though.

Quote Originally Posted by G-rated View Post
    I agree with him. But because prophecies (is what the game that you try out in the trial is called) gives GW1 such a bad taste to first time players I dont think anyone is out buying it anymore. The expansions are really what make GW1 a lot better. I honestly liked GW1 because it was LIKE WoW in the fact that I got the same amount of fantasy and stuff that I wanted in that kind of game without a subscription fee every month. To tell you the truth, if WoW didn't have a fee every month, I would probably play it. But I dont feel like I should have to buy the game and then keep paying for it. Its not a car that you should have to maintain every month or whatev. Thats just my pov though.
    You realise the amount you pay for a WoW subscription generally = to the amount of money you pay for 2 new GW expacs a year roughly.

Same thing as what made me initially fall in love with wow. Great story, huge world, great community, and tons of viable ways to progress your character.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 12:45 AM ----------

You realise the amount you pay for a WoW subscription generally = to the amount of money you pay for 2 new GW expacs a year roughly.
    You realize GW hasn't had 12 expansions, right? :-p

Deleted
    Playing WoW for a year costs $180 plus an expansion each 2 years, so around $200 a year. While Gw costs around $25 dollar a year (6 years, assuming you bought all expansions at release). So, yeah, 'roughly' they are the same.

OT:
    What really made me love GW1 (in 2005 mind you) were the graphics, the gamebox, and the whole 'craft your hero, its your adventure' thing if im completely honest..
    And now because of Gw2 and the HoM I bought EotN and revived my Prophecies account, and I love EotN and the heroes.
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2011-11-04 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Playing WoW for a year costs $180 plus an expansion each 2 years, so around $200 a year. While Gw costs around $25 dollar a year (6 years, assuming you bought all expansions at release). So, yeah, 'roughly' they are the same.
    When GW1 was in its prime it released expansions a lot more. I was mainly talking about while the game had content. It had the main game, and 3 expansions within 2 years, each was around the same price as the original GW. so while the game was "CURRENT" It roughly cost the same.

but since it has had no new Expacs since 2007, i would stop counting it around there.

Deleted
    When GW1 was in its prime it released expansions a lot more. I was mainly talking about while the game had content. It had the main game, and 3 expansions within 2 years, each was around the same price as the original GW. so while the game was "CURRENT" It roughly cost the same.

but since it has had no new Expacs since 2007, i would stop counting it around there.
    True, calculated between Prophecies and EotN it costed around $60 a year. But since Gw is B2P, you can keep playing it and hence the price/year goes down each year.

Guild Wars only had 1 expansion ever.

PvP. I've always been a huge PvP lover... till I started playing WoW.. PvP here just doesn't feel fun at all.

GW1 was my first Online RPG, I was at a friend's house who showed me the game, first thing I thought was... "Want!"

I love the music, I can still remember the first steps I made in the game, Ascalon Pre-Searing, walk down the path there, with the music, and people EVERYWHERE. It felt so epic.

I love the realistic looks, the humans looked like humans, with great texture.

I love the story/lore of the original Guild Wars (other 2 are fine as well, but the prophecies are the best).

But I'm sure if I played WoW as my first MMO, I would never have liked Guild Wars 1 as much as I do now.

And by what I've seen at Gamescom 2010&2011, I'm going to fall in love all over again. =)

/headbang and /airguitar.....sold me on GW, WoW has yet to include /airguitar. you have to Forsaken to /headbang though XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dethknell68 View Post
    /headbang and /airguitar.....sold me on GW, WoW has yet to include /airguitar. you have to Forsaken to /headbang though XD
    in GW1 we had the Necromancer who did the headbang dance, and /guitar was included as well so I see these coming back as well

Deleted
    - The art and music upong logging into Pre-searing Ascalon for the first time.
    - Trying to sync /dance and /instrument in Ashford Abbey before they added the /dance * command.
    - That you got to play around with your secondary profession through the quests.
    - How even with 60% DP you'd still be able to finish a mission through shear tenacity.
    - Rage at the Charr for the Searing.
    - Luring Charr into balista range.
    - Cackling madly while playing a Me/W against a Warrior in Droknar's forge gear and winning.
    - Shiverpeak hotsprings.
    - Krytan beaches.
    - Hanging around the boat in Lions Arch international.
    - Dat frog.
    - Trying to out-skill the Mirror-image thing to Ascend in the Crystal Dessert, and then facepalming when finding the easy I-Win combination.
    - Ohshitohshitoshit GLINT! for the first time.
    - Less eye sore names.
    Last edited by mmocb2730f036e; 2011-11-04 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Fixed for you.
    What realm/server/continent will you be playing on sir? I hope something in the US? Let me know please so I can stay as far away from you as possible.

Deleted
    I played GW1 On release and i quite enjoyed it since I wasn't allowed to play WoW for my parents back then cuz of monthly pay.. After about 4 years in when i started in the Gymnasium my class mate got me into wow and i started that, then 1 year ago my brother told me "They are making a GW2" and I got interested in GW again to catch up on lore and get some hom points. And you know what? After 2 - 3 years of wow I quite enjoy GW1. I played 3 Months and only met 1 person who i just simply said "CBA playing with such an idiot" while in wow I met them daily. the PvP is so much fun because it's skill based and not gear based, the lore is amazing and actually very fun.
    Thats some of em'
    + Lore
    +++ Community
    + Pvp