Thread: Help please

Help please

Okay so, almost a year ago I built my first PC, it's nothing super just basic enough to run most games at high, but recently my games have been loading slower and slower, they still. Run really well. They just load so slow, another thing is when I alt tab out of any game my computer tends to fuck up its almost like it locks up but it doesnt. It's hard to explain but what I'm asking is, what is causing this, I would post my set up but I'm not home right now my friend Said it might be my hard drive because my hard rive was really cheap. What do I need to replace to make this stop happening?

Thank you for any help

9 out of 10 alt-tab problems are caused by graphics card drivers.

Really need more info before we can even guesstimate what's wrong.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any number of things that can cause this but here is some general tech support.

Update your graphics card driver. Test your memory with MemTest86+. Test your hard drive for errors with HDDScan.
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2011-11-03 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    9 out of 10 alt-tab problems are caused by graphics card drivers.

Really need more info before we can even guesstimate what's wrong.
    idk about 9 out of 10.

More often it's a memory/hdd paging performance issue. As when you alt-tab from a fullscreen application in Windows, it attempts to move that application from physical memory to virtual memory. Then back from virtual to physical when you relaunch it.

It "can" be an issue with delegation of VRAM, but that's not really a driver issue than it is a normal process for when an application is unloaded from the physical memory space.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.