Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Getting decent info about the game is only hard on this forum/the official non-beta forums/and the other big name fansites. There are plenty of sites that don't follow the nda like a religion and have info that is actually accurate and true.

    This forum is mostly lies/false positivty and 'everything is great, the game is perfect' propaganda about the game and anything else gets locked.

    I can guarantee you bioware has been hesitant to release the NDA and probably won't anytime soon because it will be a shitstorm of truth about how mediocre the game is like the beta forums tell and they definitely don't want that with 500k+ preorders already in the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    If you cant find what you stated your looking for, thats your fault as that stuff is out there.


    The NDA is in place to protect the story in a story driven MMO, not to hide something.

    Wait until the game launches, you obviously dont need to be there at launch if nothing you have read or seen under the NDA makes you interested.


    Lastly, the market is extremely competitive and Im sorry but to many companies like Blizzard are simply implementing other games ideas in hopes that people who have invested years upon years of their lives will not leave if they provide the features of other games.

    Its really not that big a deal, but to each their own.
    If you think Blizzard devs are not already completely dissecting all 27 gigs of ToR exactly like they did with Rift then you are crazy. NDA is up to protect from negative reviews...hard to post negative reviews when I can not post why I think a feature is negative with a example.

    If you do not see the warning signs on ToR, then I do not know what to tell you. The secracy is beyond stupid and will only cause massive overhype and attract people who will easily unsub think ToR is the second coming of DAoC 2.0 when it is not even close or expecting the raiding to be like WoW or Rift when it is really is not even trying to be.

    So again. THE NDA is dumb. Bioware is doing a HORRIBLE job of managing expectations and only feeding the hype knowing most of the threads they see on their own forums are blatantly false and people posting will be hugely disappointed.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 2011-11-04 at 04:31 AM.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  3. #23
    1-2 weeks more and I think the nda will be dropped so then you can find out everything with no problem

  4. #24
    If you go to the SWTOR forums > Character Classes > Sith Inquisitor (or any other class you are interested in) you will find sticky's such as "Sith Inquisitor info 2.0" which has all the known information about that specific class. There is ALOT of information here. If you are looking for more information about those classes that isn't available, all you need to type in google is leaks.

    The main reason the NDA is still in affect is because of the story, it's a big part of the game. Also the fact that they are constantly changing things in the beta. If there wasn't an NDA so much drama would arise from the simplest change, you wouldn't believe how toxic the beta forums are already.

  5. #25
    Bioware is doing us a favor for keeping things under NDA. The game is still in testing, not just bug finding, and they don't want to deal with all the QQ when they change some little thing just to test. Can you imagine what people would say if they changed 8v8 warzones to 12v12? Or I remember a dev say something about the mod system (not sure how it used to work or how it does now). A million people who have not even played the game will complain.

    I don't see how they can be hiding anything negative. They have been letting tons and tons of people into beta weekends, as well as having fan site embargoes lifted, and soon another fan site summit. They want people to be out singing it's praises. They just don't want people complaining about every little change.

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    I do not like it, but I can respect it. I hope it makes for a better game, but only time will tell.

    I do not think they are doing it right, but then again, I hope I am wrong. I really do not care about the story. If I want a good story I will watch a movie or one of the many fine series on TV nowadays.

  7. #27
    Dreadlord Vexies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    Getting decent info about the game is only hard on this forum/the official non-beta forums/and the other big name fansites. There are plenty of sites that don't follow the nda like a religion and have info that is actually accurate and true.

    This forum is mostly lies/false positivty and 'everything is great, the game is perfect' propaganda about the game and anything else gets locked.

    I can guarantee you bioware has been hesitant to release the NDA and probably won't anytime soon because it will be a shitstorm of truth about how mediocre the game is like the beta forums tell and they definitely don't want that with 500k+ preorders already in the bag.
    I really just don't understand all the hate train where this game is concerned. it is almost as if there are some folks that are just chomping at the bit to see it fail. Do these guys really think anyone is that misinformed at this point about the game? If you REALLY want to get a good sense of what the game is about and going to be like there is a world of information out there for those willing to go find it. With the tons of beta leaks, patch notes, videos you would really have to work hard to be considered misinformed and or mislead about this game.

    From what I have seen it looks fantastic. Do I think its perfect or the end all killer of all games current or yet to come? Nope, that would just be silly. I know it, like all games will have its minor flaws and short comings just like every game ever made or soon to be produced but I very much look forward to playing it. The simple fact is the game wont be for everyone, no game is.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    Getting decent info about the game is only hard on this forum/the official non-beta forums/and the other big name fansites. There are plenty of sites that don't follow the nda like a religion and have info that is actually accurate and true.

    This forum is mostly lies/false positivty and 'everything is great, the game is perfect' propaganda about the game and anything else gets locked.

    I can guarantee you bioware has been hesitant to release the NDA and probably won't anytime soon because it will be a shitstorm of truth about how mediocre the game is like the beta forums tell and they definitely don't want that with 500k+ preorders already in the bag.
    you can assume that pretty much all of us visit those sites, forums and know lots of videos. you know, a few weeks ago, we were even allowed HERE to talk about all this, so you can assume we're informed.

    and sure, there are some bad reviews, some people dont like the game, dont agree with its key aspects. but as far as I can see, overall the game is very well received, which concurrs with the offical previews from big gaming sites from the last few weeks.
    Last edited by moff; 2011-11-04 at 11:53 AM.

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire Nihilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anodyne Sea
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    Getting decent info about the game is only hard on this forum/the official non-beta forums/and the other big name fansites. There are plenty of sites that don't follow the nda like a religion and have info that is actually accurate and true.

    This forum is mostly lies/false positivty and 'everything is great, the game is perfect' propaganda about the game and anything else gets locked.

    I can guarantee you bioware has been hesitant to release the NDA and probably won't anytime soon because it will be a shitstorm of truth about how mediocre the game is like the beta forums tell and they definitely don't want that with 500k+ preorders already in the bag.
    That is so...out there. I mean, sure, the leaks are all over the internet and take about 5 secs to find. Yeah, I've read into leaks and reviews from beta testers. 85% of it is positive. So I don't know where the hell you get "shitstorm of truth about how mediocre the game is."

    You are obviously here just to stir shit. Because if you would've seen what I've seen, you wouldn't be saying fuck all.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaninchen View Post
    Also the fact that they are constantly changing things in the beta. If there wasn't an NDA so much drama would arise from the simplest change, you wouldn't believe how toxic the beta forums are already.
    This is they key right here.

    BW isn't afraid about their game, they give weekly updates, have tons of official information released regarding the game.

    What they are afraid of is a bunch of dumbasses posting shit all over the internet from a BETA before the game is released, then having more dumbasses read that information and propagate rumors about something that might/is going to change by release.

    Regarding threads getting locked, if you're going to troll one way or the other, the thread is getting locked. Due to the NDA this forum is moderated more strictly then others.

    Most of the negative aspects of the game are apparent as is, the NDA isn't hiding a ton of bad shit or anything. Most of the bad aspects of the game are well known.

  11. #31
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    Getting decent info about the game is only hard on this forum/the official non-beta forums/and the other big name fansites. There are plenty of sites that don't follow the nda like a religion and have info that is actually accurate and true.

    This forum is mostly lies/false positivty and 'everything is great, the game is perfect' propaganda about the game and anything else gets locked.

    I can guarantee you bioware has been hesitant to release the NDA and probably won't anytime soon because it will be a shitstorm of truth about how mediocre the game is like the beta forums tell and they definitely don't want that with 500k+ preorders already in the bag.
    As said, we used to talk about every little leak there was on this site. We're pretty well versed in the leak department. Funny enough, I find it shitty that I can't debunk all the shit talk anymore. So don't go lying and saying this forum is full of lies and only happy things are here. Everything else does not get locked. There are complainers in almost every thread we have here. The ones tat get in trouble are the ones trying to stir shit up. So I'd you want to be a negative person, you need to put good reasoning into the thought.

    An like your little claim, I can also guarantee that your shitstorm of truth wouldn't be the case. All the "truth" reviews in those beta forums usually get debunked. Or they complain that the game isn't sandbox. There's not a lot of real material saying this game is not as good as people think. A far bigger majority say quite the opposite. So don't think you're fooling anyone around here with talk of people in the beta forums, or in the leak sites mostly agree the game blows. I read those as well. It's just not true.

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 07:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If you think Blizzard devs are not already completely dissecting all 27 gigs of ToR exactly like they did with Rift then you are crazy. NDA is up to protect from negative reviews...hard to post negative reviews when I can not post why I think a feature is negative with a example.

    If you do not see the warning signs on ToR, then I do not know what to tell you. The secracy is beyond stupid and will only cause massive overhype and attract people who will easily unsub think ToR is the second coming of DAoC 2.0 when it is not even close or expecting the raiding to be like WoW or Rift when it is really is not even trying to be.

    So again. THE NDA is dumb. Bioware is doing a HORRIBLE job of managing expectations and only feeding the hype knowing most of the threads they see on their own forums are blatantly false and people posting will be hugely disappointed.
    But there are negative reviews. They just talk about sandbox and things they have no clue about. And, they are by far the minority of reviews.
    Warning sign and second coming of DAoC? What are you smoking? I really wish you'd make your mind up. You either spout shit to degrade the game, or you say you are a big supporter. It just depends on what arguments are laid before you. If you want to stay on the fence, then stay there. Jumping back and forth, contradicting your own posts on the subject doesn't make me want to take you seriously. Not trying to be like WoW and Rift on raiding? How would you know? You can't. You have no clue what yet have planned for this stuff in the future, or even at launch.

    I see the warning signs. They say, "People that have almost no idea what they are talking about will constantly tell you that the game you want to play will suck and you are being lied to and don't know it." And to that, I laugh. I already know most of what the game holds. I fucking love it. And there's nothing you can say to change that. And I really wish you'd quit trying. Go back to your own game's forum instead of trying to tell me I'm wrong.

    And with the amount of shit you got for playing Rift, I would have guessed you would know better, and not be like the people that treated you this way.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  12. #32
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If you think Blizzard devs are not already completely dissecting all 27 gigs of ToR exactly like they did with Rift then you are crazy. NDA is up to protect from negative reviews...hard to post negative reviews when I can not post why I think a feature is negative with a example.

    If you do not see the warning signs on ToR, then I do not know what to tell you. The secracy is beyond stupid and will only cause massive overhype and attract people who will easily unsub think ToR is the second coming of DAoC 2.0 when it is not even close or expecting the raiding to be like WoW or Rift when it is really is not even trying to be.

    So again. THE NDA is dumb. Bioware is doing a HORRIBLE job of managing expectations and only feeding the hype knowing most of the threads they see on their own forums are blatantly false and people posting will be hugely disappointed.
    Im sorry PureMallace but the NDA is not in place because its hiding a fail game. A shitty game is a shitty game, no NDA is going to prevent that news from getting out.

    There are tons of reviews. Most of the negativity is subjective and personal preference. I have not been in beta and everything I read from leaks to official announcements has me fucking stoked. I don't want another Rift and sure as hell don't want another WoW. So part of what makes me so fucking excited is the fact that ToR is NOT those games.

    The short version, I dont believe ToR will be for everyone. But ToR is most definitely for me, that is really all I care about.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If you think Blizzard devs are not already completely dissecting all 27 gigs of ToR exactly like they did with Rift then you are crazy. NDA is up to protect from negative reviews...hard to post negative reviews when I can not post why I think a feature is negative with a example.

    If you do not see the warning signs on ToR, then I do not know what to tell you. The secracy is beyond stupid and will only cause massive overhype and attract people who will easily unsub think ToR is the second coming of DAoC 2.0 when it is not even close or expecting the raiding to be like WoW or Rift when it is really is not even trying to be.

    So again. THE NDA is dumb. Bioware is doing a HORRIBLE job of managing expectations and only feeding the hype knowing most of the threads they see on their own forums are blatantly false and people posting will be hugely disappointed.
    Most of the negative reviews I have seen from of beta players only talk about how such and such is not like WoW, or how the PVP is lame despite only getting to something like level 15. Generally, they are usually filled with subjective ranting without actually going into detail on why they don't like what they see, other than "this shit is so lame don't buy it if you're a real pvper!!!". The bad reviews I've seen also give bad opinions of certain recently released zones, which are clearly still in the beta process.

    I haven't read a single negative review that was constructive--the mindset seems to be that they think they're playing a free game, not there to test new content and spot bugs. Georg Zoeller even wrote a lengthy post on the beta forums about dumb reviews like these.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •