rate the pc I'm buying from cyberpowerpc please. thank you

Goals: To be a very solid gaming pc for the next 3 years. BUT MAINLY FOR NOW my goal is to have a pc that will run SWTOR on a 27 inch high resolution monitor on FULL ULTRA MAX settings with top fps even in crowded areas. Games like BF3 I want it to run on high resolution high/ultra settings.

gl to me with bill me later lol

Please help me I'm very noob

THIS IS EVERYTHING I'M GETTING
    any opinions on anything? even the noise cancellation the tower so on so on?
    thnx guys

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    HDD: 60GB Corsair Force Series SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 550MB/s Read & 510MB/s Write [+10] (Single Hard Drive)
    MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair XMS Gaming Memory with Heat Spreader)
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 3CI (All Venom OC Certified)
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+78] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
    MONITOR: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VE276Q LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input [+339]
    NETWORK: Killer™ 2100 - Gigabit Maximum Network Performance Online Gaming Network Interface Card [+89]

Too weak graphics card for BF3, Killer network card useless waste of money.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

$1600 is the price

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Too weak graphics card for BF3, Killer network card useless waste of money.
    really weak graphics card? wtf oh man

Also 60GB SSD as the only disc is not gonna be anywhere nearly enough.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I run a GTX460 1MB over clocked and it runs BF3 perfect-o
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I run a GTX460 1MB over clocked and it runs BF3 perfect-o
    On medium/high yes, high/ultra no.
    Trolling should be.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Save money and build your own. Use the specs from that PC and our suggestions as a guide. Gaming NICs are a gimmick unless you are professionally competing.

SSDs are a luxury. You can easily live without one, especially for the ammount of money you'd save.

You don't need RAM with heat sinks unless you are planning on over clocking. I would hope you don't plan to do this on your first build.
    -Also there is no such thing as "Gaming" Memory... memory is memory is memory.

With the money you save from building your own PC with more reasonable (Yet still powerful) components you could buy your self a nice sound system and not deal with Monitor Speakers.
    Last edited by Wakwazu; 2011-11-03 at 10:19 PM.

NETWORK: Killer™ 2100 - Gigabit Maximum Network Performance Online Gaming Network Interface Card [+89]

^complete waste of money. Put that $89 into a better gpu or bigger ssd.

Oh and

MONITOR: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VE276Q LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input [+339]

$340 seriously?
    You can buy it separately on newegg for $300... and free shipping instead of paying extra shipping for cyberpower to ship it.
    Last edited by taekvideo; 2011-11-03 at 11:20 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A few points of note, most of which have been pointed out, but I'll restate for emphasis.

1. $1600 is a ripoff for that machine. I just built a similar, slightly better system for nearly $500 less.

2. A 60GB SSD is not going to cut it as your sole HDD.

3. A GTX 560 will not drive a 27" monitor at maximum resolution, maximum graphics settings for most current games.

4. So, what do you actually want? Well, first off, you probably want to build it yourself. Second off, figure out whether or not you are going to overclock. It's exceptionally simple to overclock, but the risk is up to you. So with that said, here's what I'd recommend you buy parts and build, presuming you seriously want to drive a 27" monitor. Prices are from Newegg unless other

Intel Core i5-2500K Processor - $180 from Microcenter, $215 from most other places
    CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ CPU Heatsink Fan - $25
    Asrock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 Motherboard - $115
    16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600 - $95
    Samsung F3 1TB 7200RPM HDD - $140
    Corsair 500R Case $120 < Find w/ free shipping somewhere else
    Rosewill Hive 750W PSU - $100
    EVGA GTX 570 - $330
    Asus VE276Q 27" LCD - $294
    Windows 7 64-bit OEM Home - $100

Now, for some reasoning behind decisions. First, Why no SSD? As others point out, they're not all that great. By cramming in 16GB of RAM, you get most of the benefit at much lower cost. Second, why $120 on a case? Because if you spend a bit now, you can keep the same case for multiple builds. Also, since you're going to be pushing your hardware with an overclock, airflow matters, and the case is the foundation of that. On RAM and heat spreaders(they're not heat sinks), that's pretty much the defacto standard for most RAM. They're not needed, but if you can find good RAM that is both inexpensive and has them, there's no reason to go out of your way to avoid them. So yes, Corsair Vengeance has heat spreaders, but it's $95 shipped for crying out loud. You honestly shouldn't care so much at that price, not for 16GB.

And there you have it. Not including shipping, assuming you have a Microcenter nearby to buy a processor from, you're looking at $1500. So, not only are you out the door $100 cheaper than buying it from Cyberpower, you've got a much, much better PC.

On medium/high yes, high/ultra no.
    High runs fine.....Ultra as well........... just saying
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    I'm running my 560 Ti in multiplayer right now and I'm getting around 40-50fps in open areas and when a lot is on the screen I can see it go as low as 35fps. I'm running the game on high with some stuff on ultra (textures on medium, AA on x2).

As for OP:
    Skip the SSD. Get a 23" screen instead. Skip the network card. Get a cheaper mainboard (if available, unless of course you really need the features). Use the money saved and get a 6970 or a GTX 570 or even a GTX 580.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-04 at 01:51 PM.

I have read some pretty awful threads about that companies customer support and I would highly recommend looking through reviews a good bit before sending them your money! You can find the thread I read here where it took months for a guy to get a working rig from them!

If you're interested...you are highly likely to save $$$ if you buy the parts from a place like newegg and build the rig yourself.

your graphics card is ok! dont listen to them.
    you WILL need a second or ALOT larger hard drive tho. (consider getting the 60 gig for os / games, and a for example 500gig or 1000gig for random stuff and large applications.)

Just saying imaginary things. Every single benchmark so far shows BF3 runs at ultra settings with about 20fps speed on GTX560, which I'd call borderline playable, and nowhere nearly 'fine'.

Quote Originally Posted by JThelen View Post
    Why no SSD? As others point out, they're not all that great. By cramming in 16GB of RAM, you get most of the benefit at much lower cost.
    Ehh? No...

Amount of RAM does not speed up loading programs, it allows holding more programs open without swapping anything out. SSD and RAM does entirely different things, and once you have 'everything' SSD is the biggest upgrade you can do to any computer. It will do 100x bigger difference than adding one GB of RAM after 4GB on gaming use.
    Trolling should be.

Just saying imaginary things. Every single benchmark so far shows BF3 runs at ultra settings with about 20fps speed on GTX560, which I'd call borderline playable, and nowhere nearly 'fine'.
    Well I know what I have and I know it runs very "fine"...just saying. But I am not going to argue with you

Deleted
    Graphics card is fine for the game to run on high and ultra, tryied and tested. 1 problem with this system, its probably about 5 times more expensive then if you built if yourself...just saying

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Graphics card is fine for the game to run on high and ultra, tryied and tested. 1 problem with this system, its probably about 5 times more expensive then if you built if yourself...just saying
    more like 10-20% more expensive, nice try though.

Well I know what I have and I know it runs very "fine"...just saying. But I am not going to argue with you
    Even a 6970 can't run on ultra with fine fps... a 460 would have no chance.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

560? Terrible, get the 560 Ti.