Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    They aren't already?
    There are?.. maybe guild challenges?

What for?

If you just raid the money you get from boss kills will just cover repairs. It's hardly a money making scheme unless your on farm but then it isn't much still. Pvp is the same, and is perhaps more profitable due to the fact u can buy stuff with honor which can then be sold in AH and such. You don't need repairs in pvp, well once every month or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomb View Post
    What for?

If you just raid the money you get from boss kills will just cover repairs. It's hardly a money making scheme unless your on farm but then it isn't much still. Pvp is the same, and is perhaps more profitable due to the fact u can buy stuff with honor which can then be sold in AH and such. You don't need repairs in pvp, well once every month or so.
    PVP=BGS=Honor PVE=Raids=Valor PVP=RBG=Conquest PVE=Heroic Random=JP , People who PVP do not in most cases want to raid.
    Thats why they are PVPING, we use honor to gear up and not spend it on Crafting materials , which are fucking expensive.
    The vendor charges 2k + points for 1 shard.
    Each Game you do gives like 160 Honor, You do the math on how much we money we can make, after covering the cost of
    buying Enchants, Gems,reforging for the gear WE ARE PVPING FOR.
    Most players doing Regular BGS are there for the First tier gear or for fun.
    Its retarded how long it takes to get enough honor points to make money.

And i still havent covered the cost of repairs, just because we pvp doesnt mean we dont dabble with other stuff that makes
    our armor need repairs.

On a daily basis a good repair would cost me 100g while in my pvp gear.
    And im not a rich player, at most i have is 6k, i hate farming or working the Auction house. Dont get me wrong though
    i have JC,Alchemy,mining,engineering.
    I would rather PVP or level and alt which also has expenses.

PVP does need a money generator, or reward . it takes upwards of 30 mins to complete a BG
    with little reward other than satisfaction for ownage, if you'r good.

And only Good pvp guilds do RBG's and you have to be good to get in there.
    And we still dont get to see any of the rbg guild challenge gold.

At most maybe guild repairs, if you'r a higher ranked guild member.
    We still need Spending money for Chants, gems and reforging.
    Last edited by Unoriginal; 2011-11-04 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    The game's main content is PvE, and gold is supposed to be earned through those means. Either by grinding quests, killing bosses or selling goods in the AH. As was pointed out, you can also buy stuff with honor and sell it. You don't need to farm day and night or constantly tamper with the AH to get a decent income.

WoW is a game where PvP is supposed to be a "hobby", PvE is for paying the bills. Foam-mouthed PvP fanatics who refuse to do any of the main content whatsoever deserve to be bankrupt.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2011-11-04 at 12:33 AM.

PvPers deserve to be bankrupt? are you serious? Why should one be punished for liking one part of an MMO over another?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    The game's main content is PvE, and gold is supposed to be earned through those means. Either by grinding quests, killing bosses or selling goods in the AH. As was pointed out, you can also buy stuff with honor and sell it. You don't need to farm day and night or constantly tamper with the AH to get a decent income.

WoW is a game where PvP is supposed to be a "hobby", PvE is for paying the bills. Foam-mouthed PvP fanatics who refuse to do any of the main content whatsoever deserve to be bankrupt.
    Welcome to cataclysm, just because this was the case in vanilla doesn't mean it still is. Do you really think blizzard goes through the trouble of balancing arenas, bgs and all specs, adds new arenas and bgs and invents all these new features like arena, rated bg and wargames just for a "hobby" in WoW?

OT: Just make random bg like random dungeon, a gold reward and up the cp so we aren't forced to play arena on fresh dinged alts just to get CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    Use honor points to buy enchating mats and sell them?
    This wouldn't make enough money to break even really. It depends on your server but 4k honor worth of mats gets you like 150g max.

I dont pvp a lot, but i dont think many pve-players makes gold by buying crafting mats for jps. The time spent doing dungeons for those jps will be much more than if you spent some time on a gathering profession and selling the proceeds. If you want that, buy the Boe jp boots and sell. Cash rewards for doing random dungeons are (as long as you dont get a horribad pug) more than enough to cover for repairs. However, if you want to raid, you want to raid for the gear, cover repair bills, pots/flasks AND keep gems/enchants on your new shiny loots. So if you only raided without additional means of making cash youd be running out of money. Thus, the game has incentive both for pvp and pve gamers to use professions etc. to make cash and to join random dungeons to keep the LFD tool and server economy running.

WoW is a game where PvP is supposed to be a "hobby".
    hah that may be the case now but during vanilla there was a large population mainly pvping, and pveing as a hobby. But personally i still wouldnt agree that pvp is onky a hobby now, yes there is a much lower demand for it that pve now which is lame!

Think about the pvp titles back in the day it wasnt a hobby to get high warlord or grand marshall it was practically a job... Im not sure how long it takes to get titles now but back then it too forever
    Last edited by natharo; 2011-11-04 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post
    If you have no interest in PvE in WoW you are playing the wrong game. You are meant to play this game from a PvE perspective, while PvPing as a side-activity. This has been and will continue to be the official stance from Blizzard, not only my opinion. That said, there are PLENTY of ways to generate gold without even leaving Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

If you want to play this game while ignoring 75% of what it is about, then yeah, you may run into problems along the way.
    Exactly what I said in another thread about the same issue. In WoW PvP is supposed to be a kind of "hobby". People who fanatically refuse to do the basic stuff for their income (yeah, even "hardcore" raiders do daily quests, farm mats and sell stuff, and even casual players often have at least a couple of alts with different professions to support their main) deserve to end up in financial problems.

Deleted
    Just farm like everyone else if you can't play the AH. PvE players don't get gold for doing pve, they get it for farming their asses off. Gold looted off bosses does not even cover repairs for progress raiding, not to mention consumables.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    PvPers deserve to be bankrupt? are you serious? Why should one be punished for liking one part of an MMO over another?
    Do you think that people doing heroic raids don't do any other stuff? Their gold, gems and enchants are all gained through non-raiding activity. Even casual players usually have a couple of alts supporting their main with professions. Would it be too much to ask PvPers to do the same?

Personally I do both contents. I'm wearing Battlemaster title and have progressed 6/7 hc FL - as a ret pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomb View Post
    What for?
    You don't need repairs in pvp, well once every month or so.
    You obviously don't PvP. PvP combat wears severely on your durability. An active PvPer has huge repair bills every single day.

Exactly what I said in another thread about the same issue. In WoW PvP is supposed to be a kind of "hobby". People who fanatically refuse to do the basic stuff for their income (yeah, even "hardcore" raiders do daily quests, farm mats and sell stuff, and even casual players often have at least a couple of alts with different professions to support their main) deserve to end up in financial problems.
    You Sir, are a tool.

Wow is a PVP AND a PVE game. Get over it.
    Last edited by hammock; 2011-11-04 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    You Sir, are a tool.

Wow is a PVP AND a PVE game. Get over it.
    You "Sir" have serious reading comprehension issues. That was precisely what I was saying.

You "Sir" have serious reading comprehension issues. That was precisely what I was saying.
    I was referring to other thread you posted in, my mistake (its late) but o well since im here..............

The game's main content is PvE.
    Wrong.

Also Wrong. PVP is not some side show.
    PVE is not "main content", just because you see it that way doesn't make it so.
    Why do they deserve to be bankrupt hmmm? Because their enjoyment of the game lies somewhere different to yours? Why should they be penalized? The OP isn't asking for PVP to make him rich, he's just asking for it to be made more sustainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sell my valor points in the form of bracers. A night of heroics pays for most my pvping.

And Heavenly Shards.

I don't know why people still complain about gold. Never been easier to sit on billions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Maybe it's time to start leveling some gathering professions, or one gathering, one making stuff. When I'm sitting in the BG queue on my druid, I'm gathering herbs in Twilight Highlands to sell plus Volatile Lifes, and when I'm on my Pally it's off to Deepholm to do some mining, which is even more profitable since she's also an engineer with the do-hicky that allows you gather volatiles while mining. If I'm going to be stuck in a queue waiting for a random BG, I might as well make the most of my time, and gather stuff to sell on AH. It's not that hard.

Simply doing the fishing and cooking dailies in org will get you 25g easy i believe. Do a random heroic they are short and get you 85g. I am mainly a PVP players but I will go a heroic once or twice a week. I also do the AH and make good money that way.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    I was referring to other thread you posted in, my mistake (its late) but o well since im here..............

Wrong.

Also Wrong. PVP is not some side show.
    PVE is not "main content", just because you see it that way doesn't make it so.
    Why do they deserve to be bankrupt hmmm? Because their enjoyment of the game lies somewhere different to yours? Why should they be penalized? The OP isn't asking for PVP to make him rich, he's just asking for it to be made more sustainable.
    PvP is clearly a main focus of the game.... it was only added 6~8 months after release and gets serious overhauls only every 4 years. Yeah I can't continue with a straight face. PvP has a strong following but is about as much the center of the game as the earth is the center of the solar system.