Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes because i need it for disenchanting. On another note they really should of gotten rid of the disenchant button, there's no point in doing 5 mans if everyone but you is going to benefit from your profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    This.
    No, not this. If you think that, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    There was a time - before the D/E roll option - when Enchanters could make TONS of gold. I would buy greens and cheap blues off the AH to sell to people or make enchanting scrolls to throw on the AH. If committed, I could make well in excess of 1000g in an hour of "work"

That time is now passed.
    That time hasn't passed. I'm making 5-10K a day in 20 minutes.

Seriously, even if I spent several hours every day farming instances, needing and winning on everything, I wouldn't be making as much as I do.

Even with the so called cheap mats prices we've got because of the D/E roll option, it's still cheaper to manufacture all the enchanting goods except maelstrom crystals than it is to buy them in the AH, at least on my server. So no, the D/E roll hasn't affected the profitability of enchanting, and this is coming from someone that's been an enchanter since vanilla.

If you think you can't make gold with enchanting, you're doing it wrong. If you think that you need a monopoly on enchanting mats to make a lot of gold, you're doing it wrong.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Greedy A-holes get a bad name and don't sell their stuff
    LOL. Been playing since December 2005, never once has this mythical "bad name" come into play for anyone. People know you're an asshat, but if your stuff is cheaper, they'll buy it. Period.

No, I don't need to be a dick to make money.

Deleted
    What a wonderful way to make a change in the world then, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Undockingprawn View Post
    Sound like a great way to get kicked from a run if you ask me. If you like having a bad rep for it for 50-70g a Maelstrom its you call.
    i spend 30 mins in a dungeon, get about 4 epics
    DE into maelstorms (sometimes it procs 2 gems)
    quick 400-500g

instant que as a healer (and very unlikely to get kicked. i always say its for my offspec LOL)

Deleted
    Skinning/LW is making me a ton of gold atm. I spend 2 hours killing the 2 twilight drakes at the ascendants rise, turn all the leather/leather scraps in heavy leather trade those for pristine hides and then make epic legs enchants using the dragon scales i get for skinning the same mobs and earth/fire volatiles I buy from the auction house. 2 hours farming nets me about 4-6k depending on the market at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yes because i need it for disenchanting. On another note they really should of gotten rid of the disenchant button, there's no point in doing 5 mans if everyone but you is going to benefit from your profession.
    exactly, thats what pisses me off

it's my way of saying FU! losers, i still win

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekzilla View Post
    No, not this. If you think that, you're doing it wrong.

That time hasn't passed. I'm making 5-10K a day in 20 minutes.

Seriously, even if I spent several hours every day farming instances, needing and winning on everything, I wouldn't be making as much as I do.

Even with the so called cheap mats prices we've got because of the D/E roll option, it's still cheaper to manufacture all the enchanting goods except maelstrom crystals than it is to buy them in the AH, at least on my server. So no, the D/E roll hasn't affected the profitability of enchanting, and this is coming from someone that's been an enchanter since vanilla.

If you think you can't make gold with enchanting, you're doing it wrong. If you think that you need a monopoly on enchanting mats to make a lot of gold, you're doing it wrong.
    I suppose you can make gold...but it depends on the server in battlegroup. On my server, it's not a good time:gold ratio.

I make more in the first two months of a content patch as a Miner/BS than I do in a whole expansion as an Enchanter. With 4.3 coming, and a slew of new recipes, I'm poised to make a killing...again.

To be honest, no, because I make more money selling scrolls in the AH on any given day than I'd get from a week of those maelstroms, despite it only taking 20 minutes a day.

Not sure I can agree with that. As I said, I make enough (net, not gross) in 20 minutes to buy 25-100 crystals. How long does it take you to get that many in ZA/ZG?
    Agree! Buy the mats, sell scrolls! It's easier and faster than doing those boring troll heroics over and over again.

Ninja'ing an item is never OK no matter what your profession is. You can beat the dead horse about whether or not the other person has a right to enchanting mats via your profession but it doesn't mean that you are more entitled to any of the actual items just because you're an enchanter.

well considering you are using an avatar of Dennis Fergusson ( infamous child rapist, convicted of raping 181 children under the age of 6).. nothing really surprises me

10+ Year Old Account
    For some, "winning" imagined "games" is not what life is about.

There is a reason why we call certain people psychopaths and label psychopathy as a psychological disease.

You can get whatever you want and laugh at those who are more compassionate. Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

My sympathy automatically drops quite a bit for people not using (or not trying to use, anyway) correct grammar.

Either way, if you feel the need to steal away possible item upgrades from other people, well that's just sad.
    Gold is the most trivial thing in the entire World of Warcraft universe and I for one choose to earn it without screwing over others.

While I agree that in this world those with power are usually the ones who only use it for their own good, which is also why they got there.
    As well as the fact that almost nobody ever gets what they deserve, be it for the bad or be it for the good they do.

If you go as far to use our pathetic excuse of a society to justify your selfish actions, you're an excuse just as pathetic.

I'm making 5-10K a day in 20 minutes.
    No you aren't.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brainwashed View Post
    well considering you are using an avatar of Dennis Fergusson ( infamous child rapist, convicted of raping 181 children under the age of 6).. nothing really surprises me
    you know too much. i wonder why.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tag of Fire View Post
    My sympathy automatically drops quite a bit for people not using (or not trying to use, anyway) correct grammar.
    spelling is for poor

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuat View Post
    No you aren't.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 10:43 PM ----------

you know too much. i wonder why.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 10:45 PM ----------

spelling is for poor
    smh..........................

I'm not letting this continue on. No conversation can be had at this point.

Closed