Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Before Lane jumps in, yes i did take a screenie of the complete BtA cosmetic Christmas set
    OMG OMG OMG, thank you! Must have everything! @_@ I wonder what that costume looks like on females...

    Please tell me that Vaiyuu's mount speed scales?! If so, all my chars will be getting new mountage. :P

    Edit: I guess I should get the open air rift ability on my 50s now? :P
    Last edited by Lane; 2011-11-04 at 05:58 AM.

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I wonder what that costume looks like on females...
    Please tell me that Vaiyuu's mount speed scales?
    I still have my level 50 Defiant female on the PTS so was easy to check out the sexyness of the costume
    Two screenies, first one is the complete 'proper' set with the 2H candy cane weapon, second is with the seperate Santa 'cowl' and the 1H candy cane







    Also seems you'll be pimping out all your chars with a Rudolf mount,(if you're Defiant) time to faction change


  3. #23
    Dreadlord Nazdreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    816
    Ha, glad I am Defiant . Really stoked about the Yule event.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

  4. #24
    Blademaster Soix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    41
    So all of you guys.... Stopped playing wow, to play another MMO. Another MMO that is a complete clone of WoW? So now you can enjoy "World Events" as the christmas event i rift? an event with - New scenery (WoW has that), event dungeon (wow has that), presents (wow has that) seasonal daileys ( wow has that) I mean come on ppl... fair you play this game, but dont say wow is slacking. Tbh. Rift is the slacking game since they really couldnt figure out to make their own game and simply coppied talents, gameplay, some movement, and alot of other things from World of Warcraft... Imma be laughing now

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Soix View Post
    So all of you guys.... Stopped playing wow, to play another MMO. Another MMO that is a complete clone of WoW? So now you can enjoy "World Events" as the christmas event i rift? an event with - New scenery (WoW has that), event dungeon (wow has that), presents (wow has that) seasonal daileys ( wow has that) I mean come on ppl... fair you play this game, but dont say wow is slacking. Tbh. Rift is the slacking game since they really couldnt figure out to make their own game and simply coppied talents, gameplay, some movement, and alot of other things from World of Warcraft... Imma be laughing now
    Obviously you haven't played Rift, at all. Grats on being a fanboi, how is that treating ya...Imma be laughing now.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  6. #26
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,879
    We all know Blizzard 'invented' Christmas, Halloween and all the other Seasonal holiday events in WoW, heck Ghostcrawler is really Santa Claus

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    We all know Blizzard 'invented' Christmas, Halloween and all the other Seasonal holiday events in WoW, heck Ghostcrawler is really Sandy-Claws
    Fixed for you
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I still have my level 50 Defiant female on the PTS so was easy to check out the sexyness of the costume
    Not what I expected, but nice. More pretty dresses is always a good thing.

    Also seems you'll be pimping out all your chars with a Rudolf mount,(if you're Defiant) time to faction change
    Does it matter what faction you are? I thought it was a vaiyuu for everyone. O_o

    I actually started out as Guardian, and I still do the dailies on them (because I'm a masochist X_X). My rogue is almost 50 and my cleric just hit 49. However, I do play Defiants more and consider them my mains. ;( I would have less regret if they ever gave Defiants an obtainable valmera. :P I do miss my cats. ;_; Vaiyuu are my second favorite mount, though. I don't have the rep for the armored one and none of the others scale, so I'd definitely be thrilled to have a 90%-110% one.

    P.S. Thanks for taking those screenshots!
    Last edited by Lane; 2011-11-04 at 08:27 AM.

  9. #29
    Dreadlord Nazdreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    816
    Just need to ad some belly dancing outfits and we're good. lol. A guildy mentioned about the riotous living, she said it should make all the females dance. I got a laugh out of that.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

  10. #30
    I was also on the PTS and took this video of the world event stuff, mouse over all items, full wardrobe show on a male kelari character. Also a quick show of one or 2 of the quests before I got bored and went and did Caduceus Rise.


  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,879
    Some familiar faces and voices when you first enter Caduceus Rise



  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,157


    I downloaded the PTS to try out the new dungeon, last boss looks awesome (Sorry about the UI, its messy :P)

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Soix View Post
    So all of you guys.... Stopped playing wow, to play another MMO. Another MMO that is a complete clone of WoW? So now you can enjoy "World Events" as the christmas event i rift? an event with - New scenery (WoW has that), event dungeon (wow has that), presents (wow has that) seasonal daileys ( wow has that) I mean come on ppl... fair you play this game, but dont say wow is slacking. Tbh. Rift is the slacking game since they really couldnt figure out to make their own game and simply coppied talents, gameplay, some movement, and alot of other things from World of Warcraft... Imma be laughing now
    WoW has raid healing mages and rogues with full support rolls? oh wait they don't. We are talking about a ward drobe that WoW does not have. You know SOMETHING FREE that does not cost money? Do WoW players get this concept anymore?

    Instead WoW has this:

    http://na.aiononline.com/services/aion-store

    ^ oh wait they do not yet, but you sure as hell will have that very soon. Those are called weapon and armor skins and you are going to use "transmogrify....cough cough Aions remodel system" to do it.

    Trion gives me content based on the sub money I give them. Blizzard gives you content based on more ways to milk money from it's oblivious player base. If you can not realize this by now then I pity you.

    Please do not speak of WoW...I played WoW. You play some perverse version of it that Blizzard has turned into a money farm.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 2011-11-04 at 02:18 PM.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    *sigh* Okay, I have never played Aion so I took a look at that site and, omg, I wish Rift had Aion's costume designers. >_< Don't get me wrong, I love most of Rift's style, certainly way better than WoW, but yeah. So pretty. @_@

    Please do not speak of WoW...I played WoW. You play some perverse version of it that Blizzard has turned into a money farm.
    Not to veer off topic from the PTS, but when I saw the Tyrael's charger ad I knew returning to WoW would be a mistake. Blizzard have made it as clear as possible that to have anything worth having in the game you're going to have to spend gross amounts of money outside of your sub.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Two screenies, first one is the complete 'proper' set with the 2H candy cane weapon, second is with the seperate Santa 'cowl' and the 1H candy cane




    By the way, are those candy canes actual weapons or just cosmetic?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    WoW has raid healing mages and rogues with full support rolls? oh wait they don't. We are talking about a ward drobe that WoW does not have. You know SOMETHING FREE that does not cost money? Do WoW players get this concept anymore?

    Instead WoW has this:

    http://na.aiononline.com/services/aion-store

    ^ oh wait they do not yet, but you sure as hell will have that very soon. Those are called weapon and armor skins and you are going to use "transmogrify....cough cough Aions remodel system" to do it.

    Trion gives me content based on the sub money I give them. Blizzard gives you content based on more ways to milk money from it's oblivious player base. If you can not realize this by now then I pity you.

    Please do not speak of WoW...I played WoW. You play some perverse version of it that Blizzard has turned into a money farm.
    Off-topic: Why isn't Aion F2P? They would make a killing.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    *sigh* Okay, I have never played Aion so I took a look at that site and, omg, I wish Rift had Aion's costume designers. >_< Don't get me wrong, I love most of Rift's style, certainly way better than WoW, but yeah. So pretty. @_@



    Not to veer off topic from the PTS, but when I saw the Tyrael's charger ad I knew returning to WoW would be a mistake. Blizzard have made it as clear as possible that to have anything worth having in the game you're going to have to spend gross amounts of money outside of your sub.
    How is getting a Free mount and a Free new release game "gross amounts of money spent" I guess people will make themselves believe anything to try and convince themselves WoW is dying.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    How is getting a Free mount and a Free new release game "gross amounts of money spent" I guess people will make themselves believe anything to try and convince themselves WoW is dying.
    At the end of the day it's far from free, some one at Blizzard did the math based on the data the had from previous competitors releases, combined with there own release of D3, and the end result was that giving you a 'free' copy of D3 was a net profit as long as you committed to 12 months sub.

    The mount isn't free either, you payed for the development of that mount with your subscription (same as D3 if we are going in to details), don't ever think anything else.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  19. #39
    To be fair, Rift did recently allow those who bought the CE to "upgrade" to the new CE version for 10$. Spider mount and anywhere/anytime portable banker included as incentives.

    As soon as that 10$ "upgrade" was available half of Meridian was flooded with spider mounts and those who forked over 10$ for the new shiny. Literally within like seconds of the upgrade being available.

    Games are a business.

    If you can't afford it, don't buy or sweat it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    How is getting a Free mount and a Free new release game "gross amounts of money spent" I guess people will make themselves believe anything to try and convince themselves WoW is dying.
    I'm not concerned with whether or not WoW is dying as I haven't played since January. The mount isn't free. It requires 12 months of a WoW subscription and even if I wanted to play WoW there's no way for me to know if I'd enjoy it that long. Hell, I thought Cataclysm was awful. I had no intention of quitting WoW two months after it was released, but that's what happened. I also don't care much about D3. I haven't even decided if I'll get it, so a free (digital) copy is meaningless to me. So, yeah, from my point of view that's a hefty price for a mount that I'd otherwise love to have.

    It's not just Tyrael's charger either. The best mounts and pets, IMO, are from Blizzard's pet shop and not available in game. Either that or they require going to one of their conventions, which are never held anywhere near where I live and would require significant funds to attend (or to buy off eBay). Needless to say, my original point stands, anything worth having in WoW requires gross amounts of money.

    As an aside, I hated that Trion had that CE upgrade and I'm really hoping that's not something they're going to continue or at least frequently do since as far as I'm concerned it's just another pet shop. Vanity items are supposed to be fun. I hate that they've become an additional income source in some games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •