Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    hes right though....
    Explain what he was right about, and how he is right.

The point of anything worth getting is the effort you put into getting it...If you started out just as good as the top players, then whats the point of the gear in the 1st place? i agree that top players should not be able to get gear that is essentially unobtainable to everyone else, but there should definitely be basic tiers that should be reached (welfare honor, conquest, and a few items such as weps that require 8k conquest pnts earned before purchase.)

And as an aside i started playing again on my mage about 3ish months ago in mostly 359 raiding gear and was able to get full welfare pvp gear in under a month of casual playing. its not that hard to pvp in wow, you just need to accept the fact that sometimes your going to lose, then you re-q.

Quote Originally Posted by deepfire View Post
    The point of anything worth getting is the effort you put into getting it...If you started out just as good as the top players, then whats the point of the gear in the 1st place? i agree that top players should not be able to get gear that is essentially unobtainable to everyone else, but there should definitely be basic tiers that should be reached (welfare honor, conquest, and a few items such as weps that require 8k conquest pnts earned before purchase.)

And as an aside i started playing again on my mage about 3ish months ago in mostly 359 raiding gear and was able to get full welfare pvp gear in under a month of casual playing. its not that hard to pvp in wow, you just need to accept the fact that sometimes your going to lose, then you re-q.
    The point of PvP gear is so we don't have another "Raid or die" scenario in PvP.

Again these replys are going off the main subject of this thread.

Should be fixed in MOP.
    Next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Then they'd be low MMR and I would queue into people who were better.

People who are bad will still be bad, people who are good can compete with out grinding out the gear.

I can not honestly believe you legitimately believe that good players shouldn't beat bad players just because the bad player has better gear. That's just stupid.

Was was that 40k mortal strike on my fresh 85 just a skill problem? Was being killed in a deep freeze a skill problem?
    Apparently you still didn't understand my point, which was more about a PvE perspective. Heroic dungeons have minimum item level requirements, did you know that? Current lowest tier PvP gear exceeds that ilvl by far. Making that set free would basically mean granting even the most clueless idiot a free access to any heroic, where they would just royally fuck up other people's gameplay.

But PvP wise - yeah, even baddies who at least have bothered to spend time and effort to earn their gear do deserve to benefit from it. You work to earn your own gear, then show them who's the boss.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2011-11-04 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    Untill they fix the ilvl system so when you queue for a HC it won't calculate your PvP gear/items not enchanted nor gemmed, I can't see this be implemented in the game for PvP as well. The current system is so easy to abuse that it wouldn't really help anything

i would be more then happy if 1 they make the daily random bg into a weekly random bg.(aka 7 wins per week. not 1 per day)
    and give maybe 100 cp per win instead of 25. and give also 50/100G per win(for the first 7)

Deleted
    Larynx your idea of free gear is bad. It removes any means of competative gaming when higher tiers would only get cosmetic differences as you suggest. Players won't need to do any kind of good performance, when their gear which will be given to them because they hit 85, because it will not have any difference from the gear that you would HAVE to work hard for. The sence of well rewarded accomplishments will be lost.

Imagine the same case with PvE gear. This way you could just hit 85 skip dungeons and go hardmode raid content?

Your idea is what actually Free Fun WoW servers do. But even they thru donations give players better gear, and not only different color palletes.

Deleted
    Normalize gear in BGs!

/hides from the shitstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Was being killed in a deep freeze a skill problem?
    This still happens at 4300+ resilience, so... yes? At least that's what Blizzard wants people to believe.