Deleted

My router refuses to hand me an IP-adress

My router doesn't seem to want to hand me a valid IP-adress for some reason.
    I have tried the basics such as restarting and rebooting. I have also tried giving myself an IP manually, nothing seems to work... I'm running Win7 ultimate 64bits, got any suggestions what I could try?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tried restarting the router?

Deleted
    That's included in the basics, under "restarting". Sorry for any confusion regarding that

Did you filter your own MAC address?

Deleted
    Set the router and your computer to DHCP.

Deleted
    Fyi, I've not had this problem earlier, it started acting up 2days ago when I had a lan here, at which point we managed to somehow fix it.
    Mac-adress...hmm?
    And how do I check if the DHCP on the router is on?

Deleted
    Well I work for Sky Broadband. Steps to try...

. Connect with an Ethernet Cable and go to the Routers IP Address to bring up the status page, and make sure DHCP is enabled.
    . Try going in the command prompt and do ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew
    . Try resetting the router and changing the wireless channel.

Are you wired in or are you connected wirelessly? If you are on wireless I'd try and just reset all of my basic settings/configurations on both the router and PC. Earlier this summer I had my computer just completely loose all relevant information to my home network while I was even using the network. I still haven't figured out why or how, but ya. Windows said it had the cryp key and that nothing had been changed, but I wouldn't get my IP address either. Eventually I just went in, deleted and redid my connection to the router. Fixed it asap.

Deleted
    The thing is, we have these adapters in my house, where we connect one to the wall (the electricity net) and a cable to the router. that way, we get our net out on the power grid, and plug an adapter into another wall and connect it to the computer.
    so wired-ish?

Deleted
    you can turn dhcp on and off for some routers. like the one i have had dhcp disabled as default. also make sure your network device is set to get ip adress automaticly instead of manualy.

Deleted
    Finally, no idea what I actually did though. I just did what I had done several times before;
    Set the IP and Standard-gateway to manual, typed it in, checked - nothing.
    Reset it, still nothing.
    CMD -> Ipconfig /release -> /renew - Nothing
    Diagnose - nothing
    Rinse and repeat, and it worked >.>

Thanks though, doubt it would've been solved today without your help fellas!