Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    And as stated earlier, adding more classes for the sake of adding a class is stupid and i feel ruins games, and to all the ppl saying SWG classes for the love of god no, that game was just terrible, it was bland and boring, and i don't want Bioware to take ANYTHING from that game, it needed to die and thank god it will be soon

  2. #62
    Stood in the Fire Nihilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anodyne Sea
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    And as stated earlier, adding more classes for the sake of adding a class is stupid and i feel ruins games, and to all the ppl saying SWG classes for the love of god no, that game was just terrible, it was bland and boring, and i don't want Bioware to take ANYTHING from that game, it needed to die and thank god it will be soon
    Pre-CU was one of the most fun and best times I've ever had in an MMO. If Bioware were to add Teräs Käsi, for instance, surely you understand it wouldn't be from that "terrible, bland and boring" game.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Pre-CU was one of the most fun and best times I've ever had in an MMO. If Bioware were to add Teräs Käsi, for instance, surely you understand it wouldn't be from that "terrible, bland and boring" game.
    And how long of the games life was Pre-CU, and well SWG is just a big sandbox game with little real focus, sorry but thats just boring to me, and Bioware have said this is NOT SWG and they have no intention of trying to make SWG2

  4. #64
    Warchief Kivimetsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A fascistic nightmare...
    Posts
    2,165
    Storm Trooper for Empire and Scout/Sniper (kind of like an Empire Agent) for Republic?

  5. #65
    Stood in the Fire Nihilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anodyne Sea
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    And how long of the games life was Pre-CU, and well SWG is just a big sandbox game with little real focus, sorry but thats just boring to me, and Bioware have said this is NOT SWG and they have no intention of trying to make SWG2
    Yes, I'm well aware of that fact. Also, I'm extremely glad Bioware is not trying to make SWG2 and they are following the path they know best. Like I said, Pre-CU was extremely fun but after that it all went to shit and I quit the game. I agree, it was terrible and bland and boring AFTER but not before.

    I have extremely good memories of SWG but that's what I want them to be, just memories.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

  6. #66
    If they had those badass looking imperial royal guards, (you know, the ones with the red cloaks) that would be coooool

  7. #67
    How about kung-fu pandas?
    If you're looking for gaming stuff, I'm on the tubes and the tweets!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware of that fact. Also, I'm extremely glad Bioware is not trying to make SWG2 and they are following the path they know best. Like I said, Pre-CU was extremely fun but after that it all went to shit and I quit the game. I agree, it was terrible and bland and boring AFTER but not before.

    I have extremely good memories of SWG but that's what I want them to be, just memories.
    Mate my respect has grown significantly, someone who knows that nostalgia is seen through rose tinted glasses and brining back something u used to love does not mean u will love it again.

  9. #69
    A Force-witch of Dathomir. Riding around on a Rancor would be epic.

  10. #70
    I can't think of any class that wouldn't be better suited to simply be added as another AC of an existing class. The 8 base classes do a good job of covering the basics.

    The only class I'm able to think of that could be added is some kind of non-Jedi melee class. Something like an Echani Combatant for Republic and Gamorrean Enforcer for Empire. Could just be called "Combatant" and "Enforcer" or something and allow the usual slew of races. Could have some pretty cool stories attached.

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 04:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by devonwc1985 View Post
    If they had those badass looking imperial royal guards, (you know, the ones with the red cloaks) that would be coooool
    Red Cloaks? Lannister filth.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

    Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

  11. #71
    Funny partis if Teras Kasi is a tor class in the future, wow fans will ramble on about how it a monk rip off.......even if Teras Kasi existed in star wars lore before the first warcraft and the idea of a monk in a mmo is not new.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotine811 View Post
    Sith warrior/jedi knight and sith inquisitor / jedi consular are pretty similar, but the other two on each side are quite different.
    No, I'm afraid Smuggler and Imperial Agent, Trooper and Bounty Hunter are also, mechanically, the same. They may have different ability names and animations, but they're effectively the same class.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    No, I'm afraid Smuggler and Imperial Agent, Trooper and Bounty Hunter are also, mechanically, the same. They may have different ability names and animations, but they're effectively the same class.
    Well.... it's complicated.

    NDA, can't say much, yadda yadda, but there's a few (really very very few, but they're there) differences in abilities, survivability, and play style that you'll get to see once NDA is lifted.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

    Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

  14. #74
    after thinking a long time about it, there is just one class more I want in the game

    The Hutt

    After a certain achievement, a long quest chain, amassing a certain amount of gold or reaching a reputation with a faction, your are able to create a Hutt on your account.
    the Hutt comes with his own fancy Sailbarge mount/ship and can only move itself on this sailbarge. he is not a usual class that goes questing through the galaxy but functions as an auction house/bank/ character, providing lots of storage slots, discounts, more auction house options and many other advantages.
    but not just that, the Hutt will also come with 10 more companions, you cant take them with you but you can send them out to gather ressources in addition to your own companions, or just blackmail them for protection money or give them loans with brutally high interest (those are the racial abilities)
    as another bonus random npcs will request audiences with the Hutt every 24 hours, giving daily quests you can transfer to other characters on your account.

    the Hutt, I want one

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    And as stated earlier, adding more classes for the sake of adding a class is stupid and i feel ruins games
    This.

    *Particularly* with the current four-class/eight advanced class setup, adding an extra class to the game would be a major addition to what currently feels like a deliberately streamlined system.

  16. #76
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,607
    Honestly they probably won't add new classes to the game. They'll probably add new ACs to existing classes, which would be just as cool.

  17. #77
    im suprised no one has mentioned something using organic tech like the yuuzan vong yet

  18. #78
    The Lightbringer Mister K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under your desk
    Posts
    3,851
    Classes:

    Imperial Trooper (Empire equivalent to Trooper)
    (Bothan) Spy (Republic equivalent to Imperial Agent)
    Royal/Imperial Guards (use vibro blades and or electro staffs)


    ACs / Specs:

    Engineer/Mechanics/Technician (use robots and other AI to assist them aka Hunters in WoW?)
    Bloodfury/Bladefists (unarmed fighters? or hand modifications like Wolverine)
    Beastmasters (hunters)
    Marines (could be heavy assault or tanks for either empire or republic)
    Warrior (Blood Warrior?) (see Bloodfury/Bladefists)
    Demolitionator/Demonator/ Annihilation (uses explosives to deal damage, relies on grenades and rockets?)
    Frenzy (another melee like class).
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

  19. #79
    have you ever thought that instead of adding a new class they just further specialize what they have?

    say your a trooper then you choose the commando AC. After that you choose a specialization in that AC that gives you a side skill tree that has some choice in how you want to specialize? Have you seen the shadow levels perks for anarchy online? something like that.

    so Trooper To commando to say recon commando.

    you would still keep the skill trees of the main AC to solve alot of balance problems.

    you have slightly different armor between specializations

    have the new high level quests would instead of being extension of your base classes story it would branch off to commando or vanguards stories. They would have the same voice actor of course.
    Last edited by Lifescure; 2011-11-08 at 05:08 PM.

  20. #80
    I'd rather see more playable races than classes at this point. How about Cathar and Trandoshan?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •