Thread: SSD Question

SSD Question

So I'm building a new PC and I have a very noobish question. I'm going to go with a 1TB data drive and a 128gb Crucial M4 SSD (CT128M4SSD2) for my OS and a couple games. The question is, do I need to order a bracket for the SSD to install in a desktop (HAF922) or will I have everything I need to install it in the desktop?

If the case is worth its' salt, it should have 3.5" brackets that will accept a 2.5" SSD. If not, then look at buying a Corsair case vs the HAF 922; there are a couple models that come with a dedicated mount point for SSDs and other 2.5" drives.

Deleted
    I think that the HAF922 handle with no problem at all the SSD ( 2.5 drives ).

I did some searching around and I think I'm going to go with this amazon.com/SILVERSTONE-SDP08-3-5-2-5-Inch-Converter/dp/B002BH3Z8E/[/url]

I'd look at your drive slots before you buy that. As I said, most good cases will have an extra set of screw holes in the 3.5" drive bays that are space properly for a 2.5" SSD. If they are(and they should be) then you won't need anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JThelen View Post
    I'd look at your drive slots before you buy that. As I said, most good cases will have an extra set of screw holes in the 3.5" drive bays that are space properly for a 2.5" SSD. If they are(and they should be) then you won't need anything else.
    Most NEW cases will have and do have a converter or direct installation slots.

The HAF 922 does not have it because it was designed and built before the mass SSD craze, so you won't get it with that.

That should however not stop you from the outstanding quality the HAF922 offers (i've worked with all of the HAF cases and they are top-notch, regardless of SSD bracket!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiferus EX View Post
    So I'm building a new PC and I have a very noobish question. I'm going to go with a 1TB data drive and a 128gb Crucial M4 SSD (CT128M4SSD2) for my OS and a couple games. The question is, do I need to order a bracket for the SSD to install in a desktop (HAF922) or will I have everything I need to install it in the desktop?
    There is a retail version with bracket:
    http://www.crucial.com/store/partspe...CT128M4SSD2BAA