Help Please! Need a high quality NON-GAMING laptop

Hi Guys,

My boss at work wants me to find a pretty damn good Laptop for him to use.

Requirements:
    LOTS of hard drive space, 1TB min, 2TB if possible (removable hard drives aren't convenient for him)
    clearly - super fast running speed, so a pretty boss processor and a good amount of ram
    Lightweight if possible
    Nice big HD screen, or just a big one at least

i've tried to find some, but haven't had much luck, thought some of you guys would be able to inform me better! post a couple links if you find anything nice,

Thanks!

Lightweight if possible
    Nice big HD screen, or just a big one at least
    Those 2 requirements kind of contradict each other. You can't have a lightweight laptop with a big screen.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834157866
    That one would work great. Has pretty much the best laptop cpu, 1080p 17.3" screen, 1tb hdd space (and 7200rpm, so faster than normal).

You could also go with a customizeable one like cyberpowerpc... would be able to adjust it to fit requirements.
    This one would suit you fine if you bump it up to 1tb hdd. Or This one if 15.6" is a big enough screen.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

hey man, that first one looks pretty fantastic, thanks! Think that'll just about do it!

Here's a Dell XPS, customize It with 1.5T hard drives. Free 6 gig memory, i7 2670QM.
    http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...l_id=xps-l702x

It will end up being cheaper than the HP and have a bit better specs.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2011-11-04 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Here's a Dell XPS, customize It with 1.5T hard drives. Free 6 gig memory, i7 2670QM.
    http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...l_id=xps-l702x

It will end up being cheaper than the HP and have a bit better specs.
    hmm customizers are definitely nifty.
    If you customize the xps to the same specs as the hp envy (including 1080p screen), it comes out to $1,374.99, and has a slightly better cpu and slightly weaker gpu.
    The good thing about the xps customizer is you can do this:
    Ditch the blu-ray drive (not really needed) to save some $$
    Upgrade to 1.5tb (extra $100... kinda pricey but could be worth it)
    Upgrade the battery to a 9-cell instead of 6-cell for significantly longer battery life, and only $40 more.
    Comes out to $1,414.99, but has 500gb more space and a better battery... could be worth the extra $100. If not then just go for 1tb space and you've effectively replaced the blu ray drive with a better battery and saved a couple bucks over the envy (unless they charge for shipping, not sure if they do)... so yea I'd say the xps is probably something to consider. Will probably take a couple weeks for them to build it and ship it though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.