Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You are incorrect.

X79 is the chipset for Sandybridge-E, the next generation of the i7-xxxx series, which will be the i7-3xxx's, basically, using LGA Socket 2011.

Ivybridge, will continue on P67, Z68, I believe H61 and H67 as well, and of course go in LGA Socket 1155.
    I never said that was ivy bridge.... If you read his posts he does not have the slightest clue even what ANY of these chipsets ARE. So I told him if he doesn't know what ivy bridge is....*BUY THESE BOARDS*. ....I already know all this, and unless this is directed at him.... no need to BLINDLY post wikipedia information, thanks.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzeekee View Post
    I never said that was ivy bridge.... If you read his posts he does not have the slightest clue even what ANY of these chipsets ARE. So I told him if he doesn't know what ivy bridge is....*BUY THESE BOARDS*. ....I already know all this, and unless this is directed at him.... no need to BLINDLY post wikipedia information, thanks.
    Okay, you want to attack me? Have at it. I did not blindly post wikipedia information, as I already have all of that information stored up in my head, your post was misleading as you were like, "you don't know what Ivybridge is? Well here *LINK*"

That's where you made a big mistake. You should have said instead, if you are indeed being honest about your post...

"You don't know what Ivybridge is? Well let me show you something even better! Check out Sandybridge-E!! A whole other level of CPUs/motherboards from what Ivybridge will be!"

The way you said it, it was like you were saying Ivybridge = X79, i7-3xxx, which anyone around here will call out as being false.

Besides, calling the SB-E boards (whether you actually knew before that they were SB-E and not IB) "mainstream" is quite a joke, as X79 will be very *not* mainstream. Yes there will be some cheaper motherboards and CPUs, but the majority of it all *will* be marketed towards the enthusiast market, not the gamer market, at least not gamers with real budgets. ;P

So go on, Mr. New Guy, throw random insults my way when I call you out on making a claim that could be taken the wrong way.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Fuzzeekee
    Okay, you want to attack me? Have at it. I did not blindly post wikipedia information, as I already have all of that information stored up in my head, your post was misleading as you were like, "you don't know what Ivybridge is? Well here *LINK*"

That's where you made a big mistake. You should have said instead, if you are indeed being honest about your post...

"You don't know what Ivybridge is? Well let me show you something even better! Check out Sandybridge-E!! A whole other level of CPUs/motherboards from what Ivybridge will be!"

The way you said it, it was like you were saying Ivybridge = X79, i7-3xxx, which anyone around here will call out as being false.

Besides, calling the SB-E boards (whether you actually knew before that they were SB-E and not IB) "mainstream" is quite a joke, as X79 will be very *not* mainstream. Yes there will be some cheaper motherboards and CPUs, but the majority of it all *will* be marketed towards the enthusiast market, not the gamer market, at least not gamers with real budgets. ;P

So go on, Mr. New Guy, throw random insults my way when I call you out on making a claim that could be taken the wrong way.
    Mainstream means easily attainable by the general public, for mass consumption. I'm sorry I'm going to go ahead and tell you this politely with no insults or attacks (like in my previous posts): I am not rich and I can afford one of these boards once they come out. Hopefully he reads my post and notices he should get that instead to go with his 3 way SLI....I am very sorry you are angry that I told him to ignore the other boards and buy a nicer one since he said he stated has a crazy amount of cash.

Do you realize that if we even get into a "mainstream" discussion my friend....That only 2% of silicon device sales are the x86 market? 2% ...So there goes your mainstream argument. If we wanted to talk mainstream I could link you a mainstream board? Since your definition of mainstream is based on how many people will buy it? http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards_kits/spartan6.htm

Also there were no insults. I only used the term "blindly posting" to state GENTLY that there is a difference for you there to understand.

Good luck

Son, Fuzzeekee... hand over that joint.
    1. You called the X79 boards for Ivy Bridge. And you called them mainstream. Own up to your own crappy mistakes.
    2. And, err, that's not what mainstream means. Seriously. To be mainstream means it's popular, mass-produced and easily available. A motherboard at 500 bucks and more is not in any way easily available.
    3. Finally, be relevant. Why are you bringing up x86? What? Start talking English.

15+ Year Old Account
    i recommend getting atleast a 1200w psu combined with 3x of next generations gfx cards (gtx 680 3gb?) with a sandy bridge-e board which supports 3 way sli combined with a i7 39++ with 6 cores and HT combined with atleast 16gb quad channel memory and maybe 2x raided 128gb ssds with enough storage and a h100 cooling the CPU to be able to OC abit also recommending some kind of water cooling for a 3 way sli since it can become hot! and buy cards which is reference design which push the hot air outside the chassi.

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Son, Fuzzeekee... hand over that joint.
    1. You called the X79 boards for Ivy Bridge. And you called them mainstream. Own up to your own crappy mistakes.
    2. And, err, that's not what mainstream means. Seriously. To be mainstream means it's popular, mass-produced and easily available. A motherboard at 500 bucks and more is not in any way easily available.
    3. Finally, be relevant. Why are you bringing up x86? What? Start talking English.
    1.) I am sorry I have angered you also that I recommended one board over another for his price point
    2.) The boards are going to be EASILY AVAILABLE. ...And no you don't know the prices yet since the boards haven't even been 100% confirmed yet. Please do not post wrong information as we are trying to help the original poster (the x79 one I want isn't even on the asus site yet). I posted a preview from my RSS feeds to help the original poster.
    3.) I don't understand this, are you trolling me now?

* Mod Edit: Don't call out other users as trolls, that itself is trolling.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-11-06 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainstream means easily attainable by the general public, for mass consumption.
    Wait a second... that's an intriguing way to put mainstream, and I'm going to explain how silly it is.

First of all, since you were the guy who brought up Wikipedia, I thought, oh why not, let's use Wikipedia.

Here is the VERY FIRST sentence for "mainstream" on Wikipedia:

Mainstream is something which is purchased, used or accepted broadly rather than by a tiny fraction of population or market; common, usual or conventional.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream

So a broad group will use said item, rather than a tiny fraction. Mainstream has nothing to do with how easy it is to get, it is how many people in the general population will actually use said item. It is quite apparent to me you have no clue what you are talking about in regards to this, as the X79 chipset motherboards are NOT for the mainstream. Being for the mainstream would make them less expensive so as more people, casual internet browsing people, HTPCs, casual gamers, alike, could buy it and actually need it/use it as it should be used, which is simply *not* the case. X79 is STRICTLY made to be an *ENTHUSIAST* chipset, you aren't going to have families buying X79 based computers for their casual usage, THAT is mainstream, not Cyanotical, Synthaxx, and Ispano (note: if you don't know who these guys are or what their computers are, go search!).

Yes, the OP has a lot of money, and maybe he should check out SB-E, I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing your false statement, that you don't seem to be backing off from.

The X79 boards will be easily attainable, sure, but most people still will not buy them because they will simply be useless for most people, as they would never get nearly 100% usage out of them, 1155 will be good enough for most people, hell AMD Llano is good enough for probably 90% of ALL computer users.
    "A flower.

The X79 boards will be easily attainable, sure, but most people still will not buy them because they will simply be useless for most people, as they would never get nearly 100% usage out of them, 1155 will be good enough for most people, hell AMD Llano is good enough for probably 90% of ALL computer users.
    More importantly, the sheer price-levels are going to reflect performance level, which in the "leaked" charts were floating not far off from the first-generation i7 processors.

Right off the bat this creates a very, very obvious pricetag for the family of components that will be exclusive to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) I am sorry I have angered you also that I recommended one board over another for his price point
    2.) The boards are going to be EASILY AVAILABLE. ...And no you don't know the prices yet since the boards haven't even been 100% confirmed yet. Please do not post wrong information as we are trying to help the original poster (the x79 one I want isn't even on the asus site yet). I posted a preview from my RSS feeds to help the original poster.
    3.) I don't understand this, are you trolling me now?
    1) We do not care what you SUGGESTED to the OP, hell we might agree with it, we care how you worded it.
    2) Who cares if they are easily available. That does not mean they are aimed at the mainstream market (Daddy buying a computer for his family to use to browse the internet, lol?!) Based on the past and how things have generally been, we can assume price-points, especially from LGA Socket 1366 motherboards/CPUs. Intel has already released prices on the CPUs, and you're saying things like how motherboards have not been officially announced.... um, there's still an NDA, but pretty much the final versions have already gone out to several different benchmarkers/testers (like TimeToLiveCustoms for example). Asus, for instance, has already announced the ROG Rampage IV Extreme and P9X79 Pro, pictures all over facebook and such... and here, have a video:

For instance: Based on other Republic of Gamers motherboards, for instance, we can assume this one will be somewhere between the price of $400-$600, likely the higher numbers because it is X79 and such a luscious board full of amazing features.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2011-11-06 at 03:37 PM.
    "A flower.

Fuzzeekee
    My original post was for the creator of this thread, but since you would like to understand digital engineering. Here is some coffee of awakening for you to sip gently: For computers, most people buy tablets, smartphones, etc, different types of computers you do not purchase...Also once again to the poster above: There are no links you can post where I can purchase these new x79s to verify your price. Please refrain from misinformation.

Your wikipedia article only proves my point. Click this link below to see why

Here is an article from a well known electrical engineering site about mainstream hardware: http://www.eejournal.com/archives/ar...0111026-intel/

Also just so you know, if you think these aren't "computers". I own the ATRIX 4G which converts into a laptop. ...If you want to define this even further I can pull out my TEXTBOOKS and we can describe things if you would like me to educate you. But I am not doing this to insult you. I enjoy helping others.

Good luck

My original post was for the creator of this thread,
    Then don't say things that are false or completely wrong, which you did. Period.
    but since you would like to understand digital engineering. Here is some coffee of awakening for you to sip gently:
    Are you on crack? This has exactly no relevance to your statement in any way.
    For computers, most people buy tablets, smartphones, etc, different types of computers you do not purchase...
    [Citation needed]

Also once again to the poster above: There are no links you can post where I can purchase these new x79s to verify your price. Please refrain from misinformation.
    It is not misinformation; misinformation would be to claim that X79 is mainstream. Or claim that X79 = Ivy Bridge.

Your wikipedia article only proves my point. Click this link below to see why

Here is an article from a well known electrical engineering site about mainstream hardware: http://www.eejournal.com/archives/ar...0111026-intel/
    Why are you including this? It's an irrelevant statement. Are you posting in the correct thread?

Also just so you know, if you think these aren't "computers". I own the ATRIX 4G which converts into a laptop. ...If you want to define this even further I can pull out my TEXTBOOKS and we can describe things if you would like me to educate you. But I am not doing this to insult you. I enjoy helping others.
    ...Why are you mentioning this? This is completely irrelevant to anything that has ever been mentioned in this discussion.

Mainstream means easily attainable by the general public, for mass consumption. I'm sorry I'm going to go ahead and tell you this politely with no insults or attacks (like in my previous posts): I am not rich and I can afford one of these boards once they come out. Hopefully he reads my post and notices he should get that instead to go with his 3 way SLI....I am very sorry you are angry that I told him to ignore the other boards and buy a nicer one since he said he stated has a crazy amount of cash.

Do you realize that if we even get into a "mainstream" discussion my friend....That only 2% of silicon device sales are the x86 market? 2% ...So there goes your mainstream argument. If we wanted to talk mainstream I could link you a mainstream board? Since your definition of mainstream is based on how many people will buy it? http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards_kits/spartan6.htm

Also there were no insults. I only used the term "blindly posting" to state GENTLY that there is a difference for you there to understand.

Good luck
    Yeah, I'm totally sure that dropping $1000 on a CPU and motherboard is TOTALLY mainstream! I believe you need to actually understand what mainstream is, so here's a little English lesson: Mainstream is whatever is popular to the masses, while being affordable for said masses. Pop music is mainstream, Android phones are mainstream, iPhones are mainstream, LGA1155 Sandy Bridge and AMD Phenom II computers are mainstream. What do these all have in common? Well, for starters, they're common and easily affordable by your average Joe Blow who makes $9/hr at a dead-end job without them having to survive on rats and rain water due to not spending any money so they can drop $1000 on a CPU and motherboard.

Now, let's look at what Miriam-Webster has to say about mainstream: the principal or dominant course, tendency, or trend. Hrm, this looks familiar... oh yeah, it's what I described. Interesting how that coincides with what I said... huh. Learn something new every day, eh?

Now with regards to the OP, they are CLEARLY an enthusiast with obscene amounts of disposable income. However, I must say that Trifire with 6970s is superior to Tri-SLI with GTX 580s in heat, power and performance. However, ANY enthusiast board will have at least four PCI-E slots, so you can drop in a GTS-450 or something as a dedicated PhysX card and get the best of both worlds. Drop in a custom loop for all four cards and you're smokin' hot. Even with dropping money on this, it seems like they would have the money to upgrade to an LGA2011 X79 board with an i7-3960 CPU... Enthusiasts are like that, all crazy and stuff.

For the record: Availability is only a fraction of what it is to be mainstream. Custom water loops are widely available, very expensive and not very popular among the masses, they're not mainstream. However, the CM Hyper 212+ is widely available, very affordable (to most people) and extremely popular. The CM Hyper 212+ is a mainstream cooler. See the difference? Plus, I can guarantee, without a shadow of a doubt, that even entry-level X79 boards will retail for $170 - $180, starting. It was the same with X58 and it was the same with X48 boards... hell, the lowest price X58 board (you know, the previous enthusiast class chipset) is $150 right now, and that's after a very long time. I'm even willing to bet quite a lot of money on my price forcast.
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-11-06 at 03:53 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stop with the argument. You are ruining my froot loops for me. Any more arguing beyond this point will receive an infraction.

It's not unheard of to run a second power supply for just your video cards if you plan on doing something like this. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip.

Asked to edit post by DeltrusDisc.

Culadin
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2011-11-06 at 06:38 PM.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynadra View Post
    It's not unheard of to run a second power supply for just your video cards if you plan on doing something like this. Just saying.
    Not necessarily unheard of, but shouldn't be necessary. A full system with 3-way SLI shouldn't run more than 1500w. Sadly that's a number off the top of my head.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is being closed to avoid it derailing further, and to stop the useless nonsense. This is not the place for those arguments.

@ OP - My apologies. If you need more assistance with a PSU, please feel free to PM me. I also know that Synthaxx can suggest a great PSU as he has a very beastly system.

Thanks.

I'll also add my name to the list of people you can PM asking for further advice for the PSUs.

Sorry that your thread got out of hand; my phone stopped syncing with my GMail, so I didn't receive notifications of reports.