View Poll Results: Left handed or right?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right

    252 72.21%
  • Left

    97 27.79%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    That seems likely enough, although I bet a lefty would have a similiar disadvantage against another lefty.

    You would be trained to fight against right-handed people, and a lot of what you learned wouldn't be applicable against somebody with their weapon in the opposite hand.
    Yup.

    Damn lefties. Burn them! Burn them all with fire before they rise up!

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire lockjawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brill
    Posts
    394
    left handed hammers cost so much more money than right handed hammers..

  3. #43
    Dreadlord Eace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    828
    I'm a righty. But my legs/feet are ambidextrous, if that counts for anything!

  4. #44
    Mechagnome Berteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Sticks, Australia
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Lol! Right hands are the tits

  5. #45
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Why is there no Ambidextrous option? We do exist you know >.>

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Why is there no Ambidextrous option? We do exist you know >.>
    No we don't! You took the Oath! You're not supposed to tell the secrets!

  7. #47
    I'm predominately right handed.
    I do however use my left hand for driving while my right hand rests on the gear shift(I drive an automatic so not sure why) and playing WoW for hotkeys as I have the Merc Stealth and my "gameing pad" is on the left and I also used a Razer Naga for my right hand. both have a large amount of keybindings for both my toons and require I used both hands.

    when I'm at work(I'm a bartender), I can pour drinks with both hands but I still have to pay more attention to the left hand then I do the right hand.


    Merc stealth
    http://fusionmods.net/reviewimages/i.../mstealth4.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, Europe certainly didn't play any sort of role in destroying the stability of Africa. The United States is literally the source of all evil. The United Satans, mirite?

  8. #48
    Yay for being righthanded.
    I eat with the fork in my right hand and the knife in my left and people say its weird. I'm right handed, so obviously I'd want to use my right hand for the fork as that requires more coordination... no?

  9. #49
    Mechagnome Selxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Yay for being righthanded.
    I eat with the fork in my right hand and the knife in my left and people say its weird. I'm right handed, so obviously I'd want to use my right hand for the fork as that requires more coordination... no?
    Isn't that how you're supposed to do it?

    I'm lefty and it's far more comfortable to have my fork in my left hand, it just makes sense.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

    Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    Isn't that how you're supposed to do it?

    I'm lefty and it's far more comfortable to have my fork in my left hand, it just makes sense.
    You hold the meat in place with the fork, in the least-dominate hand. You cut with the knife with you most-dominate hand.

  11. #51
    Mechagnome Weirdbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Me live Sweden
    Posts
    711
    I'm right handed. But I do some stuff a left handed way. Like holding a hockey stick like left handed people. Or a golf club like left handed. This also applies to my feet. Some stuff is eaier to do with my right foot. like kicking a ball. But when I'm going skateboarding or snowboarding I'm going goofy style.

  12. #52
    Hmm, I go both ways. I use my right hand for writing, but my left hand for everything else.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You hold the meat in place with the fork, in the least-dominate hand. You cut with the knife with you most-dominate hand.
    Lies.

    (kidding).

    But really, do whatever is most comfortable. I hold the knife in either hand, the fork in either hand, depending which way I pick them up, and never switch. When I was growing up I was taught you were supposed to hold the fork in your left, knife in the right, then set the knife down, switch the fork to your right hand, eat, replace the fork in your left hand, pick the knife back up, repeat. That always seemed stupidly inefficient to me when either of my hands were perfectly capable.

  14. #54
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,746
    Left handed masterrace here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Beggars
    Destiny

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You hold the meat in place with the fork, in the least-dominate hand. You cut with the knife with you most-dominate hand.
    You're wrong sherlock.
    Lefty here and fork is on the left.
    People usually cut with right because that's the way a table get's decked... fork left, plate middle, knife right, spoon on top.

    Has nothing todo with being left or right honestly, just with common habits.

    The same reason the majority of the lefties still use their mouse righthanded... a common habit.
    Last edited by Sersel; 2011-11-04 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    You're wrong sherlock.
    Lefty here and fork is on the left.
    People usually cut with right because that's the way a table get's decked... fork left, plate middle, knife right, spoon on top.

    Has nothing todo with being left or right honestly, just with common habits.
    It's set that way, because as he said, it puts the fork in the least dominant hand (left) of most people.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's set that way, because as he said, it puts the fork in the least dominant hand (left) of most people.
    Ye you are right, it's set that way iniitially for that reason.
    However just saying people use a fork on their least dominant hand, is wrong.

    Going by that statement you could say lefties always use their mouse on their left hand, which is commonly wrong too.
    But yea, the reason why they put that mouse on the right is because more people are right-handed.

    Once again, the current reason why most lefties use a fork left and a mouse right is common habits.

    The way btw, you describe about inneficient swapping the fork to the right hand after cutting is merely a north american table manner, continental manners you just keep your fork to the left.
    Last edited by Sersel; 2011-11-04 at 08:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

  18. #58
    Scarab Lord Robinhoodexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    4,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    left handed.

    its widely known that left people like Albert Einstein, Da-vinci, and most presidents in the US are often more successful.
    Owned

    But is Obama a leftie or rightie?
    Congratulations on graduating to expert level trolling, I would stick around but I'm busy getting gay married in 13 states and performing roadside abortions while passing bills that take away people's guns while i sip superior european wine and cheese i bought with european style socialist money, arrivaderci!

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    But yea, the reason why they put that mouse on the right is because more people are right-handed.

    The way btw, you describe about inneficient swapping the fork to the right hand after cutting is merely a north american table manner, continental manners you just keep your fork to the left.
    And most (not all) mice are formed to fit a right hand. For example, thumb buttons are almost always on the left side. Not easy to use with your pinky finger. You just get used to it.

    You continental people also eat with your forks upside down, so there! (Again, whatever is most comfortable).

  20. #60
    I actually use my fork in my right and knife in my left... *previously posted righty*

    Perhaps I'm more ambidexterity then I thought, now that I think about it while most issues arise in my left hand I do use it a lot... especially considering I chopped open one of its fingers on accident... XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, Europe certainly didn't play any sort of role in destroying the stability of Africa. The United States is literally the source of all evil. The United Satans, mirite?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •