Thread: Legendary Pet

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    8,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Siegfiend View Post
    It's very very VERY unlikely they would make a legendary that only one class could use. :P

    But Hey i'm a hunter and i would welcome it! ;D
    Then what the hell is the Rogue Dagger doing in existence?

    Not to mention only TWO of the THREE speccs Rogues have can even use the damn thing...

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,144
    would be super cool actually. woukd be great if they did it.

  3. #23
    Just make it a non combat for all other classes.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Supraah View Post
    Just make it a non combat for all other classes.
    Oh yeah cause everyone wgo cant use the legendary staff gets to turn into the mount and everyother non rogue will get wings from there weapons..... No

  5. #25
    Rogues can use almost half the legendaries in the game. I don't think they'd make a legendary pet without giving rogues Tame Beast

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Scerebus View Post
    Oh yeah cause everyone wgo cant use the legendary staff gets to turn into the mount and everyother non rogue will get wings from there weapons..... No
    Better than nothing....

  7. #27
    The problem with the pet is that it would require quite a bit of coding to make it NOT scale with you so you wouldn't use it forever and ever.

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Thundertom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,106
    Or the pet would be awesome at level 85, but only scales it's normal attacks after that, so the "proc" or perk it has will remain at level 85.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    Rogues can use almost half the legendaries in the game. I don't think they'd make a legendary pet without giving rogues Tame Beast
    Equipping an item because you can is completly different to being able to use it effectivly i don t know where your going with this

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire Raenas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canterlot
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Scerebus View Post
    or pink, blue, mottled, twilight dont really know where your going with this but hey dont really care what colour it is haha
    /whoosh

    That one went right over ya.
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    The problem with the pet is that it would require quite a bit of coding to make it NOT scale with you so you wouldn't use it forever and ever.
    See the pet as a visual that you have done the quest chain. Meaning pet scales as normal pet would but the actually legendary item would be a ring or neck... something none visul

  12. #32
    To avoid the scaling how bout make a legendary bow that when equipped auto changes your pet to the 'legendary pet'? And for those who prefer their normal pet make it a buff thats applied on equip that can be cancelled

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Raenas View Post
    /whoosh

    That one went right over ya.
    I guess it did xD

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial0787 View Post
    To avoid the scaling how bout make a legendary bow that when equipped auto changes your pet to the 'legendary pet'? And for those who prefer their normal pet make it a buff thats applied on equip that can be cancelled
    Ooh, that would be cool. Could go the same as with flame kittens.

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    A [legendary Pet] will never come because it would scale which would mean that you will never use another pet, not even in 6.x
    Couldn't they just make it so that the legendary pet can't level up?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire View Post
    I'm not a hunter so I'd hate to let them have a "legendary" only for them, BUT damn it's such a nice idea, I can think of quite an amazing quest chain x)
    AMAZING QUEST CHAIN - LEGENDARY EDITION:
    1. Talk to A
    2. Collect 100 X
    3. Talk to A
    4. Collect 1000 Y
    5. Talk to A
    6. Collect 10000 Z
    7. Talk to A
    8. Kill the bad guy of the tier
    9. Return to A

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Ooh, that would be cool. Could go the same as with flame kittens.
    Indeed And with 5.0 limiting weapons for hunters i believe theyre most likely to be doing legendaries as a single class weapon so they could add special flavour stuff to other classes if only to stop the QQ

  18. #38
    This would actually be really cool. I remember doing the daily quests for the Raptor in Un'gori, for the mount. It felt great to actually raise the pet myself and eventually learn to ride it. There was a much stronger bond there. I would love for something similar for a Hunter, where we get to raise the pet from an egg/as an infant and eventually it becomes a full-fledged combat pet. Maybe we'd be able to use it as a mount as well?

    The only issue I suppose is that it can't be linked to the whole Legendary thing: a pet which is better than all others is a pet that everyone would eventually end up using, especially since pets scale with your level. So it'd need to be a pet which conferred no extra combat benefits, but looked really cool and had a great questline for it.

    Furthermore, it'd be nice if you could choose one pet from a selection, to allow for more difference between Hunters. So there'd be a Wolf, a Cat, a Bird... Maybe some others too.

    Essentially, I'd love more ways of getting different and unique pets without them all being spirit beasts.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial0787 View Post
    To avoid the scaling how bout make a legendary bow that when equipped auto changes your pet to the 'legendary pet'? And for those who prefer their normal pet make it a buff thats applied on equip that can be cancelled
    I love this idea but it would be nice if the pet became tameable with the bow so you can still use the pet further into other xpacs

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 10:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    This would actually be really cool. I remember doing the daily quests for the Raptor in Un'gori, for the mount. It felt great to actually raise the pet myself and eventually learn to ride it. There was a much stronger bond there. I would love for something similar for a Hunter, where we get to raise the pet from an egg/as an infant and eventually it becomes a full-fledged combat pet. Maybe we'd be able to use it as a mount as well?

    The only issue I suppose is that it can't be linked to the whole Legendary thing: a pet which is better than all others is a pet that everyone would eventually end up using, especially since pets scale with your level. So it'd need to be a pet which conferred no extra combat benefits, but looked really cool and had a great questline for it.

    Furthermore, it'd be nice if you could choose one pet from a selection, to allow for more difference between Hunters. So there'd be a Wolf, a Cat, a Bird... Maybe some others too.

    Essentially, I'd love more ways of getting different and unique pets without them all being spirit beasts.
    AT LAST someone with sense hehe, love your idea how do i get this thread into blue terratory?

  20. #40
    Well, officially speaking Blizzard don't read these forums. However, their CMs will almost certainly check out fansite forums such as this one to try and get as much feedback as possible on a wide range of areas. So honestly, you shouldn't really need to seek out a blue response, or try your hardest to get a blue to read it. Chances are they will do, or already have!

    I guess the best you can do is re-post the thread on the official forums, where it will definitely be read. Still not certain for it to be replied to, but hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •