Thread: Legendary Pet

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A easy fix to the "pet scaling issue" would be to just remove it once the next expansion arrives.
    I kinda like the idea, though being bound to using one pet would be a bit silly, since the raid might need some raid buffs. Personal DPS over raid DPS?

I wouldn't mind legendary trinkets :<
    Hi

Deleted
    What about a quest that rewarded you a "normal" legendary and,let's say,a pet with a unique skin of the family you prefer,obviously with the same stats of any other pet...it would be something really legendary and it wouldn't get useless after a few months

I think a legendary pet is a good idea in itself, but it would be nigh-impossible to implement, what with scaling.

Maybe you could have a legendary quest chain to tame the creature, but were forced to wear a poorly scaling necklace to keep the creature bound to you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scerebus View Post
    I guess it did xD
    To make it simple

Orange = legendary
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    To make it simple

Orange = legendary
    Doh!........

Good idea on paper but doubt it would happen. Having a pet that spawns 1-2 a week that does that extra bit dmg would be more sufficient tbh, or a rare spawn in an instance. Having it substitute a legendary would be silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    The idea is amazing, and the solution is simple. Just give the pet a special buff that gives it the "legendariness" only in the desired raid tiers.
    Hire this guy

"I want more pretty pixels with no real benefit"
    This is why so many others look down on the hunter class, guys...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    "I want more pretty pixels with no real benefit"
    This is why so many others look down on the hunter class, guys...
    There is always one that would be happy dual wielding ilvl378 dildo's. Your feedback is completly unproductive and not wanted mate. Chow

I would definitely like the idea but, I suppose it has to do with balance considering pets now scale with us.

Might as well add a legendary demon for warlocks as well.

Scaling issue can be fixed simply by creating a max level for the creature.

well they already have difficult to tame pets that were added in the firelands, plus some other misc rare ones to show off.

are you saying you want a pet that's particularly overpowered? how would you achieve this, some sort of ludicrously hard hunter solo like the one at level 60 with the demons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Legendary non-combat pet?

I approve.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Legendary non-combat pet?

I approve.
    Absolutly no point in a non combat pet for a hunter... i disapprove

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Litesung View Post
    Might as well add a legendary demon for warlocks as well.

Scaling issue can be fixed simply by creating a max level for the creature.
    Maybe the two can be merged to stop 'only for class' qq. Slighty different stories to the same quest line and different pet skins. Or even as soneone else posted the item reskins one of your current pets thus getting rid of scaling issues

Quote Originally Posted by Scerebus View Post
    See the pet as a visual that you have done the quest chain. Meaning pet scales as normal pet would but the actually legendary item would be a ring or neck... something none visul
    This would be interesting. Have the ring/neck be "ring needed to tame/control legendary pet" since the pet is legendary in that its super hard obtain and has a cool unique skin.

The other thing you could do is have the pet be max level +1 then when you level it will level normally and not be overpowering. Or not allow the pet to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like the idea of really powerful pets, I would have to say no, it's not something I think they should implement, if only to prevent there being one pet that we are forced to use. The great thing about hunters is that we have the ability to use whatever pet we want (within certain limits, of course), and pigeonholing us into using one specific pet because it's so much better than every other pet would ruin that.

I personally would like a weapon (or piece of armor if you want) that would imbue your pet with some type of ability or additional power. Maybe even go so far as to alter the appearance of the pet while keeping it within the same family.

Or, from an idea I just had, what you could do is make a trinket that comes with an on-use ability that transforms the model of your pet into whatever the legendary pet is, with the other buffs still applied regardless of whether or not you activate the on-use affect. Kind of like Fandral's Flamescythe, only for pets. So you could theoretically still have this egg that hatches into a pet, you would just have to call it via the trinket. Would also prevent the pet from taking up a stable slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celestial dragon pet any1? unique skin / summonable by hunter L quest (you can summon it unlimited times but only you can tame it).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I don't know why so many people are saying there would be scaling issues. The same could have been said for heirloom gear, but the JP heirloom stops scaling at level 80, why couldn't the pet stop at 85?

I love the idea and hunters are runner up for a legendary probably just after tanks in the next expansion so it wouldn't be too long of a wait.

will never happen

neither blizzard or the players want to be pigeon holed into using the same pet until mop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    will never happen

neither blizzard or the players want to be pigeon holed into using the same pet until mop
    Yea and i bet you are one of those same people who said "Panda's in WoW will never happen" World of Pokemoncraft says hello.