Thread: PvP Alts

PvP Alts

I'm newly back to wow and thinking of starting a pvp alt both to pvp at cap and to have the sick amount of JP you can have by 85. I've never really messed with BG's for leveling before (usually just doing it at cap), and coupled with my lack of metagame knowledge at the moment, I'm having a hard time making a commitment.

I definitely want my class to do well at cap and play 3's (and maybe 2's) and rated BG's. I know every class can do well if played well, but lets be honest, certain specs/classes just are more or less viable. I'm willing to play any class (i've played them all at some point and like them all), really. I don't really have a strong preference between melee, ranged, or healers. To me the most fun is problem solving and actually working to become good.

So, I would really appreciate any advice you have to give. Besides the class/spec to level, because you're leveling through PvP, you can't just go to AJ and look up that class/spec and roll with it since it's focused around a complete 85 character. You just won't have the talents/skills to make use of strategy advice pertaining to 85's, so any words of wisdom you may have about how to play the character through trial and error is appreciated too ^^.

Besides this, I'm not quite sure how people who level pvp can keep up with gear versus someone who is questing regularly, but I know people do it and swear by pure pvp leveling, so I know it's possible (I do have access to BoA gear, or at least the JP to buy them, because tanks ftw), so any advice on this is so too appreciated. Thanks all, peace ^^

Go Mage and play magelockpally or roguemagepriest

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 11:21 PM ----------

Frost ofc, spec w.e u like won't matter till 85 and u can't get counter spell until u go deep into frost tree

Deleted
    if want to have fun in low lvls bgs and still be a little viable in end game...go hunter low lvl bg its insane full BoA , i got an 85 hunter..(BM) i know my class well and i can pwn a couple of to....healers is a prob for me...but well in 2s they always go down

Grab yourself a DK dw frost and just have a blast.

Class rep for 2400+ atm is

Shaman
    Priest
    Mage
    Lock
    Druid
    Rogue
    Paladin
    Dk
    Warrior
    Hunter

Note 99% of shamans will be resto and 99% of druids will be feral.

Strongest comps are probably mage / lock / shaman - shadowpriest / lock / shaman

I would go with mage

Deleted
    Mage. Lock is very good too.