Thread: Truegold

Truegold

Are they worth keeping in 4.3 or i should just sell all of them 500g a pop. have like 15.

Same question.

I too am wondering this. As I have been searching, but have not found any information on the Truegold cooldown, come 4.3. Is the CD still going to be in place? Are there new epic recipes that will require truegold? I have been using my cooldown everyday for over a month, in preparation. But, like I said, don't know the facts of 4.3 and am unable to find them. If the prices will be shot down, I'd appreciate a heads up so I can sell now .

Thanks,
    Pes~

Seeing as none of the new recipes require truegold, but function like FL recipes (they have a special mat that drops and some hardened elementium), no "bridge" tier like the 365s is being added, AND that 378 gear will be easy to get, I don't think they will be worth much.

truegold will be worthless in 4.3 as no new recipes use them. and 378 gear easily replaces it from 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Omalikular View Post
    Seeing as none of the new recipes require truegold, but function like FL recipes (they have a special mat that drops and some hardened elementium), no "bridge" tier like the 365s is being added, AND that 378 gear will be easy to get, I don't think they will be worth much.
    BS 397 crafts require Truegold.

You might as well carry on making them and stockpiling mats. In the event that the CD comes off, the value will fall on them, but the price of the Pyrium Bars will go through the roof. It's only cheap at the moment because supply outstrips demand, and the epic gems aren't coming from it.

If the CD stays on, well, you got your bars to sell, and your mats to make them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    and the epic gems aren't coming from it.
    epic gems WILL NOT come from prospecting pyrium, blizz has already announced this. The only way to get epic gems will be dragonsoul 10/25 man and Dragonsoul HC 10/25man (not LFR)

Whether or not truegold is needed, the price of pyrium will drop in 4.3 as the horders reactivate their accounts and find a bunch of unrequired ore. This will have a knock on effect of hurting your truegold prices. I'm of the opinion that it is better to sell your stock now, however, it would have been better to do so a few weeks ago before 4.3 started being downloaded, because less people will craft gear when they think the patch is imminent.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Whether or not truegold is needed, the price of pyrium will drop in 4.3 as the horders reactivate their accounts and find a bunch of unrequired ore. This will have a knock on effect of hurting your truegold prices. I'm of the opinion that it is better to sell your stock now, however, it would have been better to do so a few weeks ago before 4.3 started being downloaded, because less people will craft gear when they think the patch is imminent.
    Even with the price of Pyrium dropping i don't see the prices of Truegold going down, atleast not in the beggining of the patch. As for Truegold i think the price is going to be even higher then it is. http://vilesauctions.blogspot.com/20...t-it-come.html that link gives my thoughts about why

I'd say whether they're worth anything depends on recipe availability. Since the Firelands recipe drop nerf, despite countless BoE epics, we've had only 1 recipe drop(which was tailoring, not much use for Truegold in that), if 4.3 is just as "generous" then there might be very few people able to use the truegold for anything at all, especialy when counting the new dungeon loot is higher level than all recipes commonly available right now.

The price can't get much lower than now.. Yes it will increase for a while post 4.3 with the new recipes. Keep them.

Deleted
    If i proc any i split it so i keep 1 and sell 1, or if 2 proc, sell 2 store 1, 3proc keep 2 sell 2 ect.

Their selling pretty low at the min but 400-500 each on average which is not to bad and hopefully will raise again to 650-700g each like patch 4.1 and 4.2 dd for around 3-4 weeks on my server.

An added factor to the price of truegold is the gem transmute.
    People with an epic gem transmute (if it comes) sure as heck wont bother making truegold.

That and the huge demand for it for the craftables. I can see it skyrocketting for a couple of weeks anyway.