Computer build suggestion and improvements.

Currently looking for advice or tips for this build, is there something i overlooked or forgot in it.
    Been trying to figure out the correct psu size.

CPU:
    AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz 8MB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8150FRGUBOX
    Socket:AM3+

GPU:
    2x
    Sapphire DIRT 3 EDITION Radeon HD 6950 2 GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 100312-3SR

Case:
    COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper (SGC-5000-KKN1) Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Memory:
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory with DHX Pro Connector and Airflow II Fan Model CMP24GX3M6A1333C9

Motherboard:
    MSI 990FXA-GD80 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    Memory: 4×240pin
    PCI Express 2.0 x16:4
    Form factor: ATX
    Power pin: 24pin

HDD's:
    2x
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

SSD:
    2x
    OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD

power supply:
    CORSAIR Professional Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Power Supply

Additional information:
    CORSAIR H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler vs CORSAIR H70 Core High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

the computer will mostly be used for encoding, gaming, decoding.
    Last edited by scryedo89; 2011-11-04 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Moved to "Computer Build Help".

- I wouldn't go Bulldozer. Either go with an i7 2600k (for multi-threaded application usage) or an i5 2500k (for gaming).
    - If you decide to go for a 2500k (I know you listed encoding/decoding), use the money saved to bump that GPU up to a 6970.
    - The case is personal taste, but I have heard mixed opinions regarding the Storm series.
    - Will you really need 24GB of RAM? What applications do you intend to run precisely?
    - With a CPU change comes a motherboard change. The Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P is a fairly potent choice for a good Sandy Bridge setup.
    - Why two SSDs? Better of bumping the GPU up. I'd also suggest a Crucial M4 over a Vertex 2.
    - A 1050W is complete overkill. 6970 in CF need around a good 850W maximum. A single needs less than 600W.
    - I'd rahter go with a Noctua NH-D14 than a H100, but they perform about equally.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-04 at 11:57 AM.

Also in addition to all the changes above I agree with, the motherboard only supports 4 RAM sticks for 4x4GB.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Hmm, Might have to jump over to intel, have been seeing some benchmarks with alot of close calls with the I5 series.
    Marest, do you perhaps have a good knowledge / site than could explain too me the architecture behind the two different series from intel and amd ?
    programs i use frequently
    blender
    Adobe premiere cs5.5
    xsplit, fraps,
    and a few other decoders / transcoder programs.

Deleted
    This should tell you everything you need to know: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4955/t...x8150-tested/1
    Here is their Sandy Bridge review as well: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3871/t...-wins-in-a-row

Considering the programs you listed, go with the i7 2600k (especially if it is work or education related) and a good Z68 board. I'd suggest having a look at the rendering and editing sample build:
    Editing/Rendering 1200
    MoBo: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO$199.99 Review
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k$314.99
    RAM: Corsar XMS3 1600MHz 4x4Gb$127.99
    GPU: EVGA GTX 460$169.99
    HDD1: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB$59.99
    HDD2: WD Caviar Green 2TB$84.99
    PSU: XFX CoreEdition PRO 550W$69.99 Review
    Heatsink: CM Hyper 212+$27.99 Review
    Case: Fractal Design Define R3$109.99 Review

Estimated Total Price – $1165

Recommended for:
    Video and 3D editing; heavy multi-threaded
    application use. Potent gaming build, very
    strong with another GPU (e.g. the 570).

Basically, I would swap in a SSD, a better GPU and a better cooler. I'd also get a more prominent case. The Define XL is just a suggestion. For example:
    SSD: Crucial M4 120Gb$196.99
    Heatsink: Corsair A70$38.00 Review
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 6970$349.99

You can also go really high end with a GTX 580 (and get a PSU that supports SLI and get another in the future) as well as a higher/top-end air cooler, e.g. the Noctua NH-D14 or a closed loop water-cooler like the Corsair H100. It all depends on what you are willing to spend. Or, if you want to go SLI right away:
    SSD: Crucial M4 120Gb$196.99
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14$85.87 Review
    PSU: Corsair TX850M$149.99
    GPU 1: Gigabyte Radeon 6970$349.99
    GPU 2: Gigabyte Radeon 6970$349.99

Case Catalog here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4-Case-Catalog
    Sample Build's found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-04 at 05:29 PM.

AMD graphics cards are bad for rendering, would never get one for that use. Most programs have support for CUDA acceleration, but very few support AMD's OpenCL.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Fuzzeekee
    NOTE: If you are intent on buying the 8150, buy the 8120. 50$ cheaper even without pricematch, and you can upscale it in BIOS.
    2.) NEVER buy a cheap corsair unit like that for expensive crossfire. That one is made by channel well. I have proof but I don't have high enough post count to link you.
    3.) You should consider FSP's AURUM series, for 100-130$ it matches seasonic in build quality, which only the nice corsair PSUs are made by seasonic.
    4.) You save over 50$ a year in power bills from a nice PSU. I own a seasonic X series myself. Buying a bad PSU is just making a random time bomb ready to blow up as part of your build. I would link you again on how to research this but not high enough post count.
    5.) A tip for purchasing a PSU: The operate best at 60% load
    Last edited by Fuzzeekee; 2011-11-05 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Error, meant to type 50$ for CPU price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzeekee View Post
    NOTE: If you are intent on buying the 8150, buy the 8120. 50$ cheaper even without pricematch, and you can upscale it in BIOS.
    2.) NEVER buy a cheap corsair unit like that for expensive crossfire. That one is made by channel well. I have proof but I don't have high enough post count to link you.
    3.) You should consider FSP's AURUM series, for 100-130$ it matches seasonic in build quality, which only the nice corsair PSUs are made by seasonic.
    4.) You save over 50$ a year in power bills from a nice PSU. I own a seasonic X series myself. Buying a bad PSU is just making a random time bomb ready to blow up as part of your build. I would link you again on how to research this but not high enough post count.
    5.) A tip for purchasing a PSU: The operate best at 60% load
    The CWT psu's are just as high quality as Seasonic...
    Btw the difference in efficiency at 60% and 90% is minimal... it'd probably be more cost effective to buy a higher efficiency psu (80+ silver or gold) than buying one with 2x the power you need so you can run it at way below max load.
    Edit: the difference between 80+ bronze and 80+ gold is only 5%... you'd have to spend $1000 a year on electricity just for your computer in order to save $50 a year from getting an 80+ gold psu. Even if I ran my cpu at 100% load (both cpu and gpu) it'd only rank up $350 in a year... real cost of operation is significantly lower.... so you may be looking at $4-5 saved a year max as a much more realistic figure.
    Last edited by taekvideo; 2011-11-05 at 05:12 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Marest could you possibley setup a build in the range of 5300 dollars?
    been reading alot of the benchmarks and wow, if you could incorporate a Gtx 590 into it i would be grateful.

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    The CWT psu's are just as high quality as Seasonic...
    Btw the difference in efficiency at 60% and 90% is minimal... it'd probably be more cost effective to buy a higher efficiency psu (80+ silver or gold) than buying one with 2x the power you need so you can run it at way below max load.
    Edit: the difference between 80+ bronze and 80+ gold is only 5%... you'd have to spend $1000 a year on electricity just for your computer in order to save $50 a year from getting an 80+ gold psu. Even if I ran my cpu at 100% load (both cpu and gpu) it'd only rank up $350 in a year... real cost of operation is significantly lower.... so you may be looking at $4-5 saved a year max as a much more realistic figure.
    Unfortunately my channel well PSU blew up after 2 years ...Go figure. I also save around 40-60$ a year depending on how much I use it. Went from an OCZ junk PSU to this. There is quite a difference in savings between my OCZ one. Not to mention 5 year warranty. I expect my unit to last 10 years. It’s not enough to focus solely on the financial aspect, though, because we also have to consider durability, reliability, and safety.

ALSO the nice corsair PSUs are made by seasonic: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...er,2913-5.html <<< Scroll down to corsair and you can see where all their models come from.

At max load a 750 watt corsair unit would draw around 920 watts http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...y-Review/505/7
    At max load my seasonic @ 760 watts will draw around 836 watts http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...d,2927-12.html

...This isn't even discussing non-certified PSUs ...100 watt difference is quite a lot since this is even a different PSU
    NOTE: The FSP in the second link almost matched the seasonic PSU.

Hope this helped

Unfortunately my channel well PSU blew up after 2 years ...Go figure. I also save around 40-60$ a year depending on how much I use it. Went from an OCZ junk PSU to this. There is quite a difference in savings between my OCZ one. Not to mention 5 year warranty. I expect my unit to last 10 years. It’s not enough to focus solely on the financial aspect, though, because we also have to consider durability, reliability, and safety.

ALSO the nice corsair PSUs are made by seasonic: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...er,2913-5.html <<< Scroll down to corsair and you can see where all their models come from.

At max load a 750 watt corsair unit would draw around 920 watts http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...y-Review/505/7
    At max load my seasonic @ 760 watts will draw around 836 watts http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...d,2927-12.html

...This isn't even discussing non-certified PSUs ...100 watt difference is quite a lot since this is even a different PSU
    NOTE: The FSP in the second link almost matched the seasonic PSU.

Hope this helped
    A single psu dying after 2 years is no just cause for dismissing an entire manufacturer. Channel well makes top of the line psu's, just as high quality with just as low failure rates as the other high-end manufacturers.

The 2nd link doesn't show a 100% load... it only shows up to 500w load.
    If you want a realistic comparison... take the 500w (66%) load, 90% efficiency on the seasonic x-760.
    The Tx750w had 84.3% efficiency at 59.6% load and 83% efficiency at 81.4% load... so it'd have about 84% efficiency on a 500w load.
    Now let's assume you run that 500w load 24/7/365.. not really realistic but let's see the max you could save.
    The tx750 will draw 595w with 84% efficiency.
    The seasonic x-760 will draw 555w with 90% efficiency.
    Saving 40w/hr running 24/7/365 nets you 350kwh less power consumption in a year. At 8c/kwh (rates where I live, may vary depending where you live) that nets you $28 in savings.
    Now you won't be running 24/7/365... you'll maybe use 20% of that tops in a normal gamer's use... so $5-6 annual savings. Not so bad but it'd take 20 years to make up the price difference in the psu's.
    I'm not saying that more efficient psu's is a bad thing... I fully support the green effort... but exaggerating the savings isn't the way to go.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scryedo89 View Post
    Marest could you possibley setup a build in the range of 5300 dollars?
    been reading alot of the benchmarks and wow, if you could incorporate a Gtx 590 into it i would be grateful.
    Why exactly 5300 dollars?

If you want to spend that much money on a computer, I strongly think you shouldn't have to ask as you take the step unto enthusiast. An average user will have little use for a computer nearing the $2000 mark. For ~$5000 you can get some crazy stuff. SLI 590s easily. 2600k? Sure. SB-E? With ease. 32GB of RAM? No problem. Custom water-loop with enough rads to cool the CPU + GPUs? No problem. SSD? You could get two, heck even three. But, and this could be a deal breaker, will you need such a monstrous system? Because honestly, if you got that much cash to burn, I'd suggest getting a ~$2500 build (2600k, SLI 580s, 120Gb SSD) and 3 high rated IPS screens and donate the remaining $1500-2000 to charity.

Unless of course you are an enthusiast and will have use for such a system. But then I wonder - why are you asking me? You should already know exactly what $5000 would yield you computer wise.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-06 at 09:05 PM.

Fuzzeekee
    A single psu dying after 2 years is no just cause for dismissing an entire manufacturer. Channel well makes top of the line psu's, just as high quality with just as low failure rates as the other high-end manufacturers.

The 2nd link doesn't show a 100% load... it only shows up to 500w load.
    If you want a realistic comparison... take the 500w (66%) load, 90% efficiency on the seasonic x-760.
    The Tx750w had 84.3% efficiency at 59.6% load and 83% efficiency at 81.4% load... so it'd have about 84% efficiency on a 500w load.
    Now let's assume you run that 500w load 24/7/365.. not really realistic but let's see the max you could save.
    The tx750 will draw 595w with 84% efficiency.
    The seasonic x-760 will draw 555w with 90% efficiency.
    Saving 40w/hr running 24/7/365 nets you 350kwh less power consumption in a year. At 8c/kwh (rates where I live, may vary depending where you live) that nets you $28 in savings.
    Now you won't be running 24/7/365... you'll maybe use 20% of that tops in a normal gamer's use... so $5-6 annual savings. Not so bad but it'd take 20 years to make up the price difference in the psu's.
    I'm not saying that more efficient psu's is a bad thing... I fully support the green effort... but exaggerating the savings isn't the way to go.
    The problem with your post is you assume power is linear, and that google cannot help you determine failure rates of PSUs. A lot of the things you posted are not accurate even about channel well being "just as high quality with just as low failure rates as the other high-end manufacturers." as my seasonic PSU, everyone will see below:
    You'll see why EARLIER I posted max load numbers first for this PSU.

I pay about 14 cents per kwh. I ended up saving 10$ every bill from this PSU vs my old unrated PSU. My machine is on for most of the day. Not an exaggeration.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/...upply_review/4 <<<< 858 watts ( Mine is a few years newer than this )
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2007/...power_supply/4 <<< 925 watts

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/377...ly/index5.html <<<A currrent version I found of mine.

"Perhaps one of the weakest areas of the Corsair TX750M is its efficiency. The TX750M is rated for 80Plus Bronze efficiency which means it must be 82%/85%/82% efficient at 25%/50%/100% loads respectively. Corsair's new power supply starts off strong, showing around 85% efficiency at 25% load. This increased to around 86% during Test 2 which is approximately 43% load. We then saw a rapid decline in efficiency till we fully loaded down the power supply. At 82.3% efficiency, the unit is extremely close to failing the Bronze rating, but it does hang in there."
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/428...ew/index5.html
    (you'll notice too on the other site it goes even lower.)

My first post still accurate.. Just like on tomshardware. Mine is between 88%-90% on many of these sites. The FSP one I am talking about which is far cheaper can match it very closely.

Here's another comparison even though it's not necessary: The difference between these two PSU's would be around 25$ a year (I put in way less values than what it runs at now to get that number. ALSO assuming power is linear which it's not.) It would be even MORE in realistic loads. I like commenting for the compassion of others who are buying.

There is just no real serious comparison between this corsair and seasonic unit... you should use the high end corsair models if you would like to recommend one... which are also MADE by seasonic (which is an OEM just like FSP) and still don't exactly match this one, yet come close.

Moral of the story: Linear ideas of PSUs and power scaling based on stickers and price are not helpful to people in this thread. There are very real benefits: power savings, no need for a fire extinguisher, having a psu you can move to even your next computer build or the next decade, etc

snip
    You still didn't actually provide evidence that CWT's PSUs are as inferior as you're stating. The TX750 is rated for 80+ Bronze, and it performs at 80+ Bronze, and the build quality is pretty top-notch. I fail to see how that's a bad thing, and I also fail to see how that makes it fail in two years or less. The TX line is a line of solid PSUs for good money, the performance per dollar is there in spades. Also, where cost is a concern, the TX750 is a FAR greater value at $104 compared to $160, which is what most people will go for.

Also, their HX line is made by CWT, and they're actually rated 80+ Gold, but are sold as Silver AND are their most efficient line of PSUs, as efficient as your coveted X760 80+ Gold rated PSUs. I would also hope that your X750 80+ Gold rated PSU runs at 90% efficiency in a perfect environment, it's kind of what it's rated for. They also cost less due to them being sold as Silver. Also, should probably check your facts: Seasonic only makes the AX750 and AX850 PSUs, among other TX and HX varieties.

My computer is on 24/7, my power bill is rarely over $140, I have no need for a fire extinguisher and I fully expect to use this PSU in my next few builds. I build a new computer about every 3-5 years.

Again, you're comparing 80+ Bronze to 80+ Gold. That's like saying, "Hey, that steak doesn't taste as good as this cucumber, so you should eat this cucumber instead because it's not a steak."
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-11-07 at 12:49 AM.

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    The TX750 is rated for 80+ Bronze, and it performs at 80+ Bronze, and the build quality is pretty top-notch.

(EXPLAINED IN #1 BELOW) Also, their HX line is made by CWT, and they're actually rated 80+ Gold, but are sold as Silver AND are their most efficient line of PSUs, .....Also, should probably check your facts: Seasonic only makes the AX750 and AX850 PSUs, among other TX and HX varieties.

(EXPLAINED IN #2 BELOW) My computer is on 24/7, my power bill is rarely over $140, I have no need for a fire extinguisher and I fully expect to use this PSU in my next few builds. I build a new computer about every 3-5 years.

(EXPLAINED IN #3 BELOW) Again, you're comparing 80+ Bronze to 80+ Gold. That's like saying, "Hey, that steak doesn't taste as good as this cucumber, so you should eat this cucumber instead because it's not a steak."
    1.) Yeah 80 plus gold but they only made the silver rating huh? ALSO the AX corsair series are the ones made to compete with seasonic ones, in fact wow they are made by seasonic... oh my dear gosh. O:
    2.) My power bill is like 38$ on average. Used to be waaay more before the nice PSU? I wonder if you look up my posts and don't read anything anyone else posts.
    3.) I'm sorry you only skipped the posts to troll me but a person suggested a junky corsair unit, and I suggested an FSP AURUM one that was the same price that totally smoked it out of the water. My posting of my seasonic X, was because in my post the FSP one matched it for half the price. Please do not try and derail the thread and troll? My comparison was to prove the legacy of seasonic PSUs to a forum poster (not you since you missed it), because he went as far as to even DOUBT the FSP aurum.

All other reasons cleared up now ...

1.) Yeah 80 plus gold but they only made the silver rating huh? ALSO the AX corsair series are the ones made to compete with seasonic ones, in fact wow they are made by seasonic... oh my dear gosh. O:
    2.) My power bill is like 38$ on average. Used to be waaay more before the nice PSU? I wonder if you look up my posts and don't read anything anyone else posts.
    3.) I'm sorry you only skipped the posts to troll me but a person suggested a junky corsair unit, and I suggested an FSP AURUM one that was the same price that totally smoked it out of the water. My posting of my seasonic X, was because in my post the FSP one matched it for half the price. Please do not try and derail the thread and troll? My comparison was to prove the legacy of seasonic PSUs to a forum poster (not you since you missed it), because he went as far as to even DOUBT the FSP aurum.

All other reasons cleared up now ...
    No, I read every post. The TX750 V2 is a hell of a good unit for the money, you just fail to realize that not everyone has the same disposable income. If you had even bothered reading the review link I posted, you would have read that the 80+ Organization rated the HX line of PSUs as 80+ Gold Certified. However, Corsair, knowing full well that 80+ tests in perfect conditions, decided to drop the rating down to 80+ Silver, which is more realistic in a real-world environment. (That is, no one will have a perfect 23C room temperature year 'round, which is what 80+ tests at.) So along with them dropping the rating down by their own decision, the price drops as well. Clearly, if you actually bothered to read what I posted - or even have done the research and not just click the first thing you found in Google - you'd understand.

$38 power bill? Where do you live, the middle of nowhere? TV, lights, computer on 24/7, various other appliances and devices plugged in... even if you unplug everything when not using them, there's absolutely no way you could have a power bill that low. Let's not forget heat and air conditioning. Even with central heat and air, you're using quite a bit of power - if you have wall units or space heaters, you're using even more. Then there's the refrigerator and freezer. Either you live in the middle of nowhere with only your computer, your power company doesn't know how to read power meters, or your power company is obscenely cheap. Obscenely.

It would also be of great help if you stopped acting like your word is law and actually back up what you claim. Yeah, you proved that Gold Rated PSUs are more efficient than Bronze Rated PSUs - Congratulations, you can spot the obvious - but you still failed. Also, trolling would entail that I actually don't know what I'm talking about, though calling someone else a troll when they back everything they say up - and I can get more than one source, too - well... I'll just leave that be.

Fuzzeekee
    139.99 regular price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139021 ( TX 750 )
    129.99 regular price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817104099 ( FSP AURUM )

Hmm which one would I buy on a budget. One is 50 watts less and has the performance of my 250$ seasonic >.> ...The other fails its 80 bronze rating from my previous posts.....If it fails a bronze rating, why not just buy an OCZ one for 50$ ?!

Also: Your PSU is 80 plus silver and you, ANDDD are also claiming I am not paying 38$ every two months for my power bill? What is this! Hahaha omg these forums...Wow. I'm just not gonna answer you man you are funny as hell. Google can answer all of these things so easily. ...Or you could even scroll back and look at my links which has the FSP up against my seasonic on tomshardware.

139.99 regular price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139021 ( TX 750 )
    129.99 regular price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817104099 ( FSP AURUM )

Hmm which one would I buy on a budget. One is 50 watts less and has the performance of my 250$ seasonic >.> ...The other fails its 80 bronze rating from my previous posts.....If it fails a bronze rating, why not just buy an OCZ one for 50$ ?!

Also: Your PSU is 80 plus silver and you, ANDDD are also claiming I am not paying 38$ every two months for my power bill? What is this! Hahaha omg these forums...Wow. I'm just not gonna answer you man you are funny as hell. Google can answer all of these things so easily. ...Or you could even scroll back and look at my links which has the FSP up against my seasonic on tomshardware.
    Except the corsair one is $40 cheaper at the real price (the hell are you quoting list prices for?) and counting rebates/shipping... so you pay $40 more and drop 50w to get 5% more efficiency. Gold rated psu's really are at a price premium.
    Also the tx750 doesn't fail the bronze rating... your source even confirms that it meets the requirements... you really have poor reading comprehension skills if you think it says otherwise.

Fuzzeekee
    Except the corsair one is $40 cheaper at the real price
    <<<wrong I listed regular non-sale prices to be accurate. The next moment the other one could go on sale for cheaper than the corsair one, vice versa. The fact is that they are both 10$ in difference makes it worth the buy. ON TOP OF THIS: You can google failures of TX750 PSUs, but you can't really google up easy results for a failure of a nice PSU like FSP or seasonic can you?

50w to get 5% more efficiency. Gold rated psu's really are at a price premium. <<<<My previous posts you didn't respond to state other things than 5% efficiency. L O L

Also the tx750 doesn't fail the bronze rating... your source even confirms that it meets the requirements... you really have poor reading comprehension skills if you think it says otherwise. <<<I posted one link where it BARELY met the rating by a fraction of a percent. Then I posted another where it FAILED THE TEST ENTIRELY while drawing 922-925 watts.

Everything I am using from older posts.

EDIT: Sorry Marest, accidentally made the quote bubble too big. Same message though still now with the smaller bubble. Ty
    Fixed the quote for you as to not be misleading. /Marest
    Last edited by Fuzzeekee; 2011-11-07 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Alright, enough with the thread derailing. If you want to discuss PSU validity and efficiency, create your own thread. The OP wants to discuss his potential build, so unless you want to give precise suggestions and feedback on that I suggest you take it somewhere else.

Thank you.