Poll: Do you like the idea?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Exactly so - but I get the feeling OP is one of those people who has never leveled it and depends on his raid to supply food for him. Just because fishing isn't necessary for someone who mooches the food off their raid without ever contributing, doesn't mean it isn't necessary for those of us who supply the food. If he actually spent the multiple solid days of all-day-fishing to get it to 525, I bet he'd sing a different tune about anything making it take longer than it already does.
    Actually i tried to level up fishing to help my raiding mates (because i dont raid, because im not prepared, i tought it would be nice at least to help) needless to say i failed because i felt i was getting boored of it.
    It is indeed necessary for raids. But that dosent make the fishermen of the guild feel better, because they have to do booring stuff to contribute. I seriously doubt that when they need to fish up supplies for the incoming raid they feel good doing a booring job. YOU thing that it was hell long to grind because it was booring, we all know that while doing booring stuff seconds pass like minutes.

Fishing up fish is something that you generally do when you have enough time to spend. Resupplying between raids and stuff, enough time you could spend playing a fun (or ok, at least not that booring) fishing minigame instead of doing a boring minigame then AFKing in Org/Stormwind/ A place in pandaria.

OR, annother option, if all theese people who thing that that will make fishing up supplies longer, they are right, maybe we think about how to balance it? Maybe lowering the fish required for a feast or making the fish you pull up for 1 mini-game more.

Oh BTW i played Fable: TLC but the idea isnt from there (there are some elements from there, but the idea is from me, because i tought fishing is booring and then got to the WC, and thats the perfect place to think about stuff that you normally wont think about)
    Last edited by mmocd3750dc86d; 2011-11-04 at 04:17 PM.

If blizzard didn't make my buff food something I have to catch in open water, I might agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozerin View Post
    If blizzard didn't make my buff food something I have to catch in open water, I might agree.
    Lol, well, thei said they will change cooking, it will have branches like Dragonscale leatherworking Etc.

Example being Grilling is for making food with strenght stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting the same thread in two different areas doesn't make it a better idea.
    I'd really like to get my Special Snowflake Feat of Strength now. Just because I'm special. - Scummer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Posting the same thread in two different areas doesn't make it a better idea.
    Posted it in the Mop thread then i realized that this isnt the perfect place so i asked for someone to lock it or at least to let it sink and made a thread here. Sorry.

But I like fishing while I am watching a movie or talking on the phone. If they make it more complex than it is now I won't be able to do that! :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with your 'it would be less boring' argument. After you have to do it a few THOUSAND times... it's going to be just as boring, and ten times more annoying. Anything you have to repeat a few thousand times to gather mats for crafting - and yes, cooking counts - is going to be tedious and boring no matter WHAT goofy mechanic you try to slap on it. So in the end, it's equally boring AND it takes longer to do, which is a bad combination.

EDIT: To the guy who suggested net fishing earlier, where we could get a whole bunch of fish at once, I'd be all about that, especially if it helped us skill up faster once you get to the point where it takes 10 or so fish to get every skill point.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    But I like fishing while I am watching a movie or talking on the phone. If they make it more complex than it is now I won't be able to do that! :P
    Pretty sure u can. Pressing 1,2,3 and maybe 4 isnt that hard when talking on the phone. Wathing a movie is other stuff.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Problem with your 'it would be less boring' argument. After you have to do it a few THOUSAND times... it's going to be just as boring, and ten times more annoying. Anything you have to repeat a few thousand times to gather mats for crafting - and yes, cooking counts - is going to be tedious and boring no matter WHAT goofy mechanic you try to slap on it. So in the end, it's equally boring AND it takes longer to do, which is a bad combination.

EDIT: To the guy who suggested net fishing earlier, where we could get a whole bunch of fish at once, I'd be all about that, especially if it helped us skill up faster once you get to the point where it takes 10 or so fish to get every skill point.
    Hm. Thats annother way to put it, but net fishing? Sounds nice but it seems that it requires no skill or time put in it. Also if you leave a fishing net somewhere someone could steal it, at least IRL.

My point for my idea is that it isnt necesairly longer to do, it could take more time, but there could be more rewards. Like you get more fish from doing it?
    My idea also could get booring over time, but i assure you it wont be THAT booring as today's fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    So here is my idea: Make Fishing into a mini-game, it needs change really, now its just dull and booring. Here are the rules of the game.

Ofc, you will have to wait some time before a fish is lured to your hook (just like IRL), the time is random, anywhere from 10 to maybe 30 seconds. Attaching a lure to your fishing rod decreases this wait time.

Creating lures is also within the fishing skill, you can create lures just like you create items from the main professions.#.
    10-30 is too long for that stage, but yeah. I like it. They've always talked about that kind of stuff - and I believe there were lures planned or something at one point.

Deleted
    Please keep this thread on topic without any further insulting or flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    And let's not forget the growing trend among WOW players to use fishing as a punishment for unruly children! Can't do that if it is not mind numbingly boring. Of course, there's always archaeology as a fall back.