Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I wonder if there are some legal restrictions about having gambling, even for in-game credits, in a computer game.
    I think that issue only comes in when in game currency can be traded for real life money. If the credits exchanged in game can't be then traded for real life money, it should be legal. But, I'm not a lawyer.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I wonder if there are some legal restrictions about having gambling, even for in-game credits, in a computer game.
    I don't think so, Pazzak was in KotOR and you could get credits from that.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    I don't think so, Pazzak was in KotOR and you could get credits from that.
    Any issue that arises would from a MMO type game, where real money can trade hands between real people .. strangers. This would be done by buying / selling in-game currency.

    As long as the buying and selling of currency is not allowed (done illegally), I would think it would be OK, although I too am not a lawyer. It was done in EQ1 in a gambling primitive casino, with prizes being in-game ultra rare items that were no longer obtainable anywhere else. Those items could then be sold in the Bazaar for lots of plats (currency), making the winner very wealthy, in-game.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    I don't think so, Pazzak was in KotOR and you could get credits from that.
    My point is that you'd play against another player, for their credits, not simply against the computer. When you are gambling with other real people, there might be legal issues, hopefully not though. the card game would be great.

    I think they said somewhere that there would be an "on rails" space minigame, similar to what was in Earthworm Jim, I forget where I read it though.

  5. #25
    High Overlord Zachyveng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    159
    I would absolutely love to have Sabacc or Dejarik in the game, give you something to do for those minutes before raids etc. Not to mention playing Sabacc would be badass.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    The racing would be a fun side thing, and it could, like Warzones, be quite a large part of the game while only needing a few maps - 3-6 tracks would likely be more than enough, of course, the main development going into the vehicles. But still, I think it would be fun and would fit very well. Would certainly be a great way to offer another form of endgame and feeling of "progression" to allow for players to do more than the typical sort of things. Other games like that crazy chess sorta game they play on the Millenium Falcon would be good - I've seen pictures of ships in TOR that have them on, so it would be another cool little thing.
    The chess like game is called Dejarik and that would be fun to have.

  7. #27
    the gambling thing, would i think need the age rating upped although im not entirely sure.

    in the uk its a 12 rating, gambling shit is usually set at 15 or above. (most gambling stuffs have violence aswel making them 18's, hai gta)

  8. #28
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Vas Normandy
    Posts
    103
    Pod racing, casino games, space games, maybe a turret defense game, pazaak (or w/e its called) and maybe an arena where you battle rancors and etc stuff for creds.

  9. #29


    Now this is podracing!
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

  10. #30
    I wish they'd make podracing into a real pvp game where you race against other players. That would be a great innovation in mmo pvp. It would be so much fun to bet on the winners, play the races and just watch. If they implement it I so hope they'll put enough time on it to make it great, not just some mini-game. And of course I'm in favor of all the cantina games too, it's exactly things like this that give a game its longevity.

    MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

  11. #31
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozires View Post
    I wish they'd make podracing into a real pvp game where you race against other players. That would be a great innovation in mmo pvp. It would be so much fun to bet on the winners, play the races and just watch. If they implement it I so hope they'll put enough time on it to make it great, not just some mini-game. And of course I'm in favor of all the cantina games too, it's exactly things like this that give a game its longevity.

    That would be fantastic. You could have realm leader boards, different race class levels, different world tracks. Would be wonderful.

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire krono957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozires View Post
    I wish they'd make podracing into a real pvp game where you race against other players. That would be a great innovation in mmo pvp. It would be so much fun to bet on the winners, play the races and just watch. If they implement it I so hope they'll put enough time on it to make it great, not just some mini-game. And of course I'm in favor of all the cantina games too, it's exactly things like this that give a game its longevity.
    i could totally see people bribing racers to lose or to take someone else out, the depth that adding podraces like this could add would be pretty cool to experiance

  13. #33
    If you could place bets, you might have a situation where someone bets on someone else, then enters the race and does everything they can to assist them in winning by way of trying to force others off the track and so on. While it might seem fun in theory, it would have the potential to ruin the whole thing because people always take it too far.

    Though even without bets, if there is some sort of prize fund, that sort of win-trading could occur anyway, and obviously does happen in WoW, so it would be something that would have to be kept in mind.

  14. #34
    Scarab Lord Buckwald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    4,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    If you could place bets, you might have a situation where someone bets on someone else, then enters the race and does everything they can to assist them in winning by way of trying to force others off the track and so on. While it might seem fun in theory, it would have the potential to ruin the whole thing because people always take it too far.Though even without bets, if there is some sort of prize fund, that sort of win-trading could occur anyway, and obviously does happen in WoW, so it would be something that would have to be kept in mind.
    They probably would have it where you can't bet on a race you're participating in, limit the amount of credits, limit the amount of times you can bet that day/week, etc etc.

  15. #35
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,663
    Sabacc and Pod Racing all the way. Not only will it help with longevity at end game, it'll also allow the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter players some RP opportunities.

  16. #36
    If they do the card games, they should have the toons playing sit at the table while playing. Would add a lot to see that in a Cantina.

  17. #37
    Stood in the Fire Nihilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anodyne Sea
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by jsg388 View Post
    If they do the card games, they should have the toons playing sit at the table while playing. Would add a lot to see that in a Cantina.
    Red Dead Redemption style. I would absolutely love that.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

  18. #38
    I would really love to see, a dancing mini-game where group of people will try to do the same moves, like a small choreography. Imagine a group of twil'ek dancers dancing macarena!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    i would really love to see, a dancing mini-game where group of people will try to do the same moves, like a small choreography. Imagine a group of twil'ek dancers dancing macarena!
    swtor ddr!
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  20. #40
    Dreadlord legdIm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    767
    Any mini-game that encourages player interaction and friendly rivalry would be brilliant as far as I'm concerned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •