beast mastery for heroic rag

i wanna do beast master for heroic rag but gm says its a good idea,
    we currently do not get the 3% dmg buff, what do you guys think of BM for heroic rag?

Depends on your DPS as marksman, a 3% damage buff would increase overall DPS by 12k+, so aslong as you don't lose 12k dps when switching from marksmanship to bm, go for it

Well, the stun will be helpful for the sons of flame, and well timed bestial wraths will wash over the seed adds in seconds. If you're in a 25 man group, dude, go BM. If you're in a 10 man group... idk. The dps you'll lose because your pet has to stay in front of the boss will be significant, but the increased output of your raid will probably make up for it.

my dps is still really good as beast master, doing over 30k on H baleroc with it

only problem is during transition, as marksman im literally double everyone elses dmg on sons of flame, and i dont think i could do as much damage as beast master to the adds, and we have some close calls as is

Quote Originally Posted by MatteoG View Post
    Depends on your DPS as marksman, a 3% damage buff would increase overall DPS by 12k+, so aslong as you don't lose 12k dps when switching from marksmanship to bm, go for it
    Eh. 6 dps at 30K dps per = 180K dps, 3% of that is 5.4k. Might be able to push 6K with including tanks .

As for sons - get a wasp (it stuns), and use intimidation (it stuns) - 2 extra stuns should help make up for the lost damage. Save beastial wrath too, and you can tunnel 11 focus arcane shots into them forever.

Deleted
    10m or 25m, and what is your exact raid comp?

What stage of the fight are you working on?

10man, we working on p4

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Eh. 6 dps at 30K dps per = 180K dps, 3% of that is 5.4k. Might be able to push 6K with including tanks .

As for sons - get a wasp (it stuns), and use intimidation (it stuns) - 2 extra stuns should help make up for the lost damage. Save beastial wrath too, and you can tunnel 11 focus arcane shots into them forever.
    Was referring to 25 man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    10man, we working on p4
    In what sense?
    Are you hitting it with 1 meteor?
    What issues are you encountering?
    Can you list your class composition? ... possibly some logs.

If Beast mastery is providing your groups source of the 3% damage bonus, and your tactic through phase 2 is either the single target or your AoE can afford to be reduced, then BM is completely viable.

It's also the best kill range DPS out of all 3 hunter specs through the cunning pet ability Feeding Frenzy. Seeing as you will be getting 2 kill-range phases throughout the fight, it will help the latter part of the encounter.

However, this is purely if you have phases 1 and 2 stable, and you can afford the drop in AoE DPS or single target DPS.
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    i wanna do beast master for heroic rag but gm says its a good idea,
    we currently do not get the 3% dmg buff, what do you guys think of BM for heroic rag?
    No, Marks is far better for both AOE and the p3 burn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    No, Marks is far better for both AOE and the p3 burn.
    Please do not make posts like this. Not only is it wrong, it is highly ignorant, and it massively inhibits players chances of beating the encounter. You are hurting other players by doing so. There are no situations where MM can beat SV in AOE on Rag HC. P3 DPS is also too close to call - it is more dependant on skill rather than spec.

I did a lot of trys to test BM on rag especially cause i was the one how cleared in p4
    so i though if my pet can attack all the time i got a bit more dmg
    but over all i got more dmg with MM even in p4.
    If your raid is missing the 3% dmg buff it could be worth a try otherwise i would prefer MM over SV and BM
    the difference in SV and MM AOE dmg is not so huge especially if the rest of your raid is doing some AOE too
    if you get only 1-2 MS you can come out fairly even (with crit luck even above a SV hunter)

Pet switching is very nice dmg boost on Rag i usually have 2-3 different pets out over the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You could try changing your pets during phase transitions if you think its possible, might take abit of pracise but you sound as if you could manage it. So for example Adds=wasp or other cc pet and when were back to the boss switch a ferocity 1 back or try and find a happy medium between the 2, chimaeras have great slows and aoe damage. Definately worth looking into though.
    Just to clarify in case you got it mixed up, but the Wasp is a Ferocity pet. The Slow from the Chimera won't be relevant at all as slows don't help on any part of Rag as Sons auto-slow themselves when they hit 50% and the Molten Elementals can't be CC'd until you've got rid of most of them. That and the 2 AoE pets that Hunter has access to in Chimera and Worm are both pretty awkward at times with regards to positioning of both the AoE and then trying to preferably keep them behind Rag to improve their damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroaster09 View Post
    Please do not make posts like this. Not only is it wrong, it is highly ignorant, and it massively inhibits players chances of beating the encounter. You are hurting other players by doing so. There are no situations where MM can beat SV in AOE on Rag HC. P3 DPS is also too close to call - it is more dependant on skill rather than spec.
    While I do generally agree that stating stuff like that without any sort of reasoning is unhelpful he's probably right on this one. Yes Survival wil do more damage on the AoE due to the short uptime of the adds meaning that Multi-Shot+Serpent Sting application damage will easily push it ahead of the Multi-Shots from MM, you also have to remember things like the extra focus that MM will be gaining throughout the majority of Phase 3 from Termination which coupled with the greater chance of having Rapid Fire should generally lead to MM pulling ahead on that phase which would be crucial to enter Phase 4 ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroaster09 View Post
    We're not talking about Survival, we're talking Beast Mastery.

At least pay attention if you're going to start in on someone like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some rough math and with the Chimera pet as BM on the Molten Elementals, with BW, the result was that BM did almost 200k more damage per seed wave than the two other specs. And this was in the worst case scenario, that the breath from the Chimera only hit each enemy 4 times.

Do note though, that BW is only available for 2/3 of the waves most guilds has. This basically means that the damage of all 3 specs is theoretically very, very close.

This was in a 25man, by the way.

1202400 Total Damage as Beast Mastery.
    1087554 Total Damage as Survival.
    1022584 Total Damage as Marksmanship.

Thats basically how the damage breakdown per seed wave looked like. Every spec was done in "worst case scenario", Surviva got one tick of SrS less, MM's WQ procced 32% of the time instead of the 35% that people tend to have, and BM's pet didn't hit as much as it could.

The reason BM hit so high was because of Bestial Wrath, obviously. It increases the AoE by the Chimera by 20%, and the AoE from your Multi Shot by 10%, and reduces the cost by 50%, with Fervor that means non stop MS spam.

My point is that BM is perfectly fine for Heroic Raggy.

Also, I would love if someone could do the math for a seed wave to see if they got the same result. I took the damge from Multi Shot, WQ, etc and found the average after looking through 5~ different logs and Raggy attempts on those logs, and I also accounted for crits.
    Hi