Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I too am with (what seems to be for now) the majority in saying that the "squish" solution is best. The only problem becomes how to you balance the leveling content and old raids/leveling dungeons. With less of an increase in stats, the lower level dungeons will fall into that category of "skippable" meaning that, because the gear improves at a much slower rate, you can feasibly succeed in a dungeon "tuned" for levels much higher than you would previously. That said, I like the idea and think that it would be a good proving ground to weed out the mature players who understand what is going on and the immature ones who cry "NERF!!".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want small upgrades tbh, i like my upgrades being big and noticable!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokolas View Post
    "We know that we have something to do but we can't decide what".
    Are you saying it's stupid they explain the situation (that most of us already know) to their customers and ask what we want?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I don't want small upgrades tbh, i like my upgrades being big and noticable!
    How very un-British of you! Boo to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by DAV_76 View Post
    The Further Adventures of Greg and his Needless Meddling.
    Did you even bother reading the article? I thought this was actually one of the best they have done.

I'm sorry but I personally don't want to see tanks with 1 million HP (with the rest of us floating around 800k) and average DPS numbers in the 100k-150k+ range because bosses have close to 1 billion health. I understand that it could technically work, assuming the content scales at the same pace we do. But it would feel somewhat stupid.

They need to find a way to fix this curve, and fix it quickly, or in 2-3 expansions we'll see priests with 100 million hp soloing heroic Ragnaros.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Yeah I think it would be a good idea to squish it. This problem really came up with cataclysm, and I still don't like the "150k" etc. health pools. It just doesn't feel right. SQUISH THAT CRAP!

i approve of the squish...numbers were jumping too fast. going from from 25k hp to 100k hp in cataclysm always felt wrong for just 5 levels in advancement.

10+ Year Old Account
    squish! definitely!

second solution is better

Deleted
    I would love to see it squished, although I quit at the end of 4.1 this kind of change might entice me back, I'd love to experience what it was like in BC and pre-BC as I only started playing in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    This squish sounds awesome. Numbers are far too big right now.

Wouldn't compression make the diff between level 10 gear and level 40 gear tiny in comparison? Makes the leveling experience a little wonky.

Deleted
    What happens to all of the old content due to the squish then lol...

don't care which solution they go for, just as long as we can still do old contant exactly like we are currently

Item squish is a decent idea but i don't see majority of the people liking it, escpecially people that play dps and love to see high numbers. I would feel really wierd to go from hitting for like 60-70k crit at the end of an expansion to hitting for only say 10k crits next expansion. One thing they could do i just not scale gear so drastically every expansion, i get you have to make gear enough of and upgrade that people will actually use it but do you really have to go as far as making stats on greens at the beginning of an expansion twices as much as the end game gear from the previous one? I saw just keep the stats on a consistant increase without any MAJOR jumps like they do every expansion.

Nice to see the devs think the playerbase are still a bunch of morons that can't handle so many drastic changes. LOL...like they're really changing that much. More like re-skinning half of their "new" features/dungeons. Devs seriously need to stop patronizing the community. Just nerf the stats on the gear and make an appropriate slider with every expansion. Hire a bunch of interns to fix the database numbers and move on. Not that hard and players will thank you for it, later, because you won't be patronizing them at every turn.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like that squish option. It will have to happen someday anyway better to just pull off the band aid now, like the blue said and get it over with. People will complain regardless, so make it happen!!

If they squish it would the squish be retoroactive to current raid bosses. I love being able to 2 man old raids like malygos and nax every week and its a big part of the game that a group does do. If they squish things 4 or 5 mann firelands for mounts would not be happening

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I agree with the squishing idea. Mostly when it comes to Soloing content and raids/whatnot? (Might be understanding it wrong?) We'll still do as much (relative) damage as we do now, but as of now, soloing old content is something I enjoy doing because I'm not about to die within 2-3 hits (playing a non-plate character), how will our health scale? Also, if we start doing 3000 damage versus 30000 (or 300), will the bosses health also go down from 50 millions to the 3-4million of TBC? *confused*

Deleted
    I like to see Tanks with 2.700.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 Hit Points onehitting Deathwing for 13.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 in Patch 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinystra View Post
    Wouldn't compression make the diff between level 10 gear and level 40 gear tiny in comparison? Makes the leveling experience a little wonky.
    If you look at the example graph provided, the level 1-60 curve would not be changed at all. I would, however, mean that there would be substantially less difference between level 60 gear and level 80 gear.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.