Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just use a 64 number system like in india 1000 years ago. 1=1 2=2 ... 10=A (same concept as hex) ... 16=G ... 37=a ... 63=zz 64=10 easy going!

Squish seems very reasonable to me, go for it!

Persoanlly, I never got why they were so adamant about having greens of new expension replacing all epics of the previous one. They should of let previous epics still be good for the leveling duration, and not have to inflate numbers so much every new X.0 :/As for the two choices. I like big numbers, they are fun to watch... specially with my druid tank's health (BC was fun for that, more health then everyone ^^). But I also get the server load bigger number imposes on the servers, so might as well have a nice "RESET" button for the 5.0 pre-patch, and just start fresh from there, and be damned if there is QQ(cause let's face it, there will always be QQ everyone about anything and everything!). The main concern is, what about the next expension? in the graph it shows cata with a huge jump.. woudl they nerf all epics from raids by then so it feels more in check with their new model?"MY EPICS HAVE BECOME GrEENS!"

Deleted
    Item Level Squish = Soloing Old Content gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    This would be a good thing, but most people (even myself a little, though I understand everything is relative) will not appreciate being 'nerfed' to such a ridiculous degree. MMOs are supposed to be about constant progression, yet if this went through we'd be back to TBC Numbers.

As I said, I personally think it's a good idea (Though I'd be sad to lose my big numbers), the backlash from it would be insane.

One thing I do immensely dislike about it is, it will make Old Content challenging again. Some people might like this, but personally I like the fact that I can faceroll my way through TBC and WoTLK raids with a small number of people to get Transmog gear.
    You didnt get it at all.

They would squish everything in the game. from your itemlevel to the hp of a boss. it would be totaly the same as it is right now in all aspects. only the numbers would be lower.

this being said, i prefer squishing

Deleted
    Id support the squish!The numbers are getting crazy, people will seen get used to the new number system if its implemented.

It'd have to be the squish as Mega Damage is really only a small stopgap, as stated in the OP. Even with that whole Mega Damage idea, or anything similar, our systems will still have to compute ridiculously large and increasing complex numbers, which becomes a serious technical problem very quickly.It will be really weird to experience the squish but it's really the only way to go. My largest concern regarding it is actually the leveling process though, not anything endgame. Endgame will be built and balanced extensively with this in mind when it happens, so there's nothing to worry about there at all. But going back through all the 90 lvls (as I don't really see this being a task that would feasibly be completed for 5.x) of leveling content and making sure it all works is a seriously daunting task (which is why I don't think it'll happen in 5.x). But if anyone can do it, I'm sure Blizz can. The biggest concern after that will be forum backlash of "Y I duz only 2k dps nao?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the issue with big numbers; I would actually HATE to get all my stats reduced in the way that they describe for solution 2; I'm more interested in solution 1: with these changes, mobs in Vanilla zones would have to go down to something like 50 health or something... I don't think it's good. The current number system is good, maybe when we go into thousands of stats they can add K's or something as suggestion in solution 1.

I don't think people have a big issue with the numbers - just with the ratio of health pools to damage done in PvP. I was hoping that would be changed to a model where it's more like Wrath than it is like Cata.

Anyway, I would be majorly disappointed with an item crunch like solution 2 seems to suggest. I don't wanna go back to doing WotLK type damage that I was doing two years ago.

Also I don't understand what's wrong with small increases on item level stats: they don't want people to be able to use gear they worked hard for in the future expansion? It's stupid... yeah, I never understood why there was such a huge ilvl jump; it's probably what I hate most about WoW and what I dread most about every new expansion.

I also think it's weird that these are the people that consider it 'too much work' to rework Outland and Northrend to fit current lore, but are now suggesting they rework how every spell and health pool in the game scales. Stupid.

Yeah, I'm a little angry with this idea.
    Last edited by Berri; 2011-11-04 at 04:58 PM.

They introduced the higher item levels and with it the higher health pools to take the burst from pvp, now they aren't happy about their own fail? Lol, if they want to squish it, they need to change the health of maaaany mobs and bosses in old content. And with it they need to adjust the health pools too, since they can't cut the numbers without completely destroying pvp.

I agree on the squish.. BUT, let EVERYBODY ( so not only the MMo-champs) clearly know beforehand, because other wise 80% of WoW's population will just freak out the minute they start playing after the patch.
    Last edited by Westlander; 2011-11-04 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Well even if I thought its stupid, as they implemented it, i think it would be stupid to de-implement it now! I dont want to get 2,5k DpS instead of 25k. :

Deleted
    Squish it. Rogues, mog your head gear into Bloodfang hoods....ah yes, I can the past now!

If they squish it to that second graph wouldn't that remove any sort of gear wipe with each xpac. My guild and I could take our awesome deathwing gear and go straight into raiding the first tier of content in mop? Or instead of dealing with buggy/impossible fights in the heroic dungeons at 90 our guild could run through a lot of heroic deathwing fights for easier/faster gear upgrades. I know I'd find leveling from 85 to 90 a little boring if I only replaced one or two items along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You didnt get it at all.

They would squish everything in the game. from your itemlevel to the hp of a boss. it would be totaly the same as it is right now in all aspects. only the numbers would be lower.

this being said, i prefer squishing
    So, like, say I just finished soloing the Shattered Halls heroic, most mobs there have 20-100k HP, would that go down if my character's health was reverted from 120k to 20k?

15+ Year Old Account
    Squish please, Mega Damage sounds retarded.

Deleted
    I support the item level squish. Its needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I´d love it, health in the 100Ks is rediculous. Who cares if your dps goes from 40K to 400 if you're still topping every chart? I know I don't (not that I ever will top the charts).

I would be for the item squish, as cool as it is to have 200k HP etc it is getting out of hand now. Although it would "feel" weird at first, it would all scale proportionate to everything else in the game. Back in Vanilla, when you got an epic, it was actually epic and was a big upgrade (in most cases), with the Item Squish they could make it to that there is more of a difference between teirs, IE a ilvl 101 item would be a good upgrade over an ilvl 100.

Sure there will be somewhat of a scaling issue, but it would be back to the Vanilla aspect where if you want the epic gear you would need to work for it, that is hoping that the content is still challenging anyways (but with the 3 difficulties, I would still say that HM will still be hard, atleast to most players)

Quote Originally Posted by Crucialus View Post
    I'm not sure if I agree with the squishing idea. Mostly when it comes to Soloing content and raids/whatnot? (Might be understanding it wrong?) We'll still do as much (relative) damage as we do now, but as of now, soloing old content is something I enjoy doing because I'm not about to die within 2-3 hits (playing a non-plate character), how will our health scale? Also, if we start doing 3000 damage versus 30000 (or 300), will the bosses health also go down from 50 millions to the 3-4million of TBC? *confused*
    It would make soloing old content harder, especially for non-plate wearing classes. But if they squished our stats, they would have to lower the stats of pretty much everything in the game by the same amount. The idea is it should feel the same as it does now if you are doing content relative to your level. Old raid bosses would be more difficult, relative to how they are now, and may keep non-plate wearing classes from soloing even Vanilla raids.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if someone knows a bit of programming, the problem is that bigger numbers > bigger variables to hold the data. bigger variables > moar resources needed.