Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    If /everything/ is scaled down by, say, 80% -- this won't make older content harder. You do less damage, have less HP -- and so does the boss.If they scale only level's 60+ down -- then, and only then, will any content get harder.
    If you look at the graph they made, it clearly depicts vanilla at ilevel 60, BC at ilevel 70, and wotlk at ilevel 80, cata up to ilevel 170'ish at last tier. With a squish like that, yes, old content will be more challenging. You will have a 10 itemlevel difference between BC and WotLK, instead of 150. You would gain almost no stats from level 60 to 70, and a BC dungeon would not be soloable for a level 80 character.
    Last edited by Shamgar; 2011-11-04 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    I realy miss tbc stats , they was so perfect....

the stats on items don't have to change with a squish, per se. you can keep every item in the game the same, and grow them the same, as the 6.3 example, even. but just make the damage those items produce go down, divide all damage, healing and health pools by 100. this way gear can increase at the same weight, we don't have to nerf all the old gear, and the solution of having large numbers in the threat stack, or damage stack, get relieved. like if i skill currently has a damage formula of something like

damage = AP*1.20 + .4*weapon damage.

this would now be:

Damage = AP/100 * 1.20 + (.0004)* weapon damage

the issue is less seeing 10000 str on a weapon (relatively small number for a computer to use), as it is having the servers compute trillions of threat points, that's a lot of significant figures. wrath gear would still be able to be 20 tr vrs 26 str, but all stats just affect things less. we would all have smaller health pools (some rounding here would occur, but on the order of 1 part in 100) and do less damage, but still not have to worry about fractions of a strength.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    my only question is, if they "squish" the itmes for MoP, will previous tiers still be soloable?
    Not as much as they are now. That's kind of the point.

Why cant they start growing linear from now on? and leave the past as it is? That would make a lot mroe sense than this without nerfing the toons.

I mean, they could jump from linear mana cost untill 80 to another desing from 80 to 85...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eitjayar View Post
    Did he just splipped that next expansion will be 5 lvls only?95?
    i think we all already knew that hu?

Squich solution for me!, just let me solo old content

Squishing would be fine. People would complain loudly for a week and then get over it.But I MUST HAVE MEGADAMAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Why cant they start growing linear from now on? and leave the past as it is? That would make a lot mroe sense than this without nerfing the toons.
    Because they want to make the lv 60-85 power scale relative to the 1-60 power scale.

I think they should just do away with stats completely. have tiers of gear with hidden stats on the backend, and then do whatever you want with the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    my only question is, if they "squish" the itmes for MoP, will previous tiers still be soloable?
    probably not, but that would be a welcomed sideeffect. I don't think soloing was ever really intended to be done, it's something that came (because of ilevel inflataion) and was accepted. (and nerfed if it was abused)

I would very much appreciate a "squish"
    now really, whats the differance of getting used to having 200k HP more in the next expac, or 200k less?
    you have to get used to it. but thats all.
    people will be happy being on top of the dmgmeter, now matter what numbers it displays.

go squish!!

Maybe someone could help me understand this. I see many people sayng lower tier content would be more challenging with the "squish" but Ghostcrawler stated:

"In other words, your Fireball will still do the same percentage damage to a player or a creature that it does today, but the number would be smaller."

If attacks are still doing the same percentage of damage to a player/creature that woiuld indicate the player/creature has been compressed in accordance. Making the gap of 60-70-80-85-90 just as wide but with smaller numbers.

Edit: It also seems highly unlikely Blizzard would make older content become more challenging out of the blue. It would alienate a fair percentage of their player base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromathos View Post
    I'm very very very much for the item squish! I dislike the current model of people having 100k+ heath and critting for 40+ all the time, While I know it's just numbers and would essentially be the same if we went back to 20k health, I much prefer that. Seems kind of silly with so much health and damage, but might just be me.
    Me too.

It might affect ability to solo old raids, but that will only make things more exciting. Having to gather 10 people to do Tempest Keep instead of soloing it will be much more fun.

Why not just stick to a more linear model of growth than exponential? You can still tweak it to give that same "omg powerful gear" feel, but without it going outof control.

VANILLA? Are you F* joking?It is Classic!The classic days of WoW.F* everyone and their family who call it 'vanilla... vanilla.... Thats like calling [insert your favorite band name] for Justin Bieber. UGH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruem4gg0t View Post
    probably not, but that would be a welcomed sideeffect. I don't think soloing was ever really intended to be done, it's something that came (because of ilevel inflataion) and was accepted. (and nerfed if it was abused)

i would very much appreciate a "squish"
    now really, whats the differance of getting used to having 200k hp more in the next expac, or 200k less?
    You have to get used to it. But thats all.
    People will be happy being on top of the dmgmeter, now matter what numbers it displays.

Go squish!!
    ^^^^^^^ this !

Deleted
    I'll hope for squish. I feel silly running around with 140k health as a caster.

Deleted
    Honestly, if they take lvl 85 as basis for squishing, lower tier of content would be easier for players that have the contents level and about the same for lvl 85, and don't forget that there will be again an itemlvl jump with MoP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Me too.

It might affect ability to solo old raids, but that will only make things more exciting. Having to gather 10 people to do Tempest Keep instead of soloing it will be much more fun.
    The reason people form groups for things like Sunwell right now is because they're easy with a group. If Sunwell became impossible without 20+ people again, no one and I mean NO ONE will ever do this dungeon again. Guaranteed. Since the only reward is a slight chance at winning a roll on transmogrify gear. All old raids will be dead forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Having to gather 10 people to do Tempest Keep instead of soloing it will be much more fun.
    Have fun sharing all that loot. I meanwhile will solo everything I can before this change so that when it comes, I won't have to depend on others ("others" having a notorious habit of being incompetent, ninjaing imbeciles) to get what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonTLW View Post
    VANILLA? Are you F* joking?It is Classic!The classic days of WoW.F* everyone and their family who call it 'vanilla... vanilla.... Thats like calling [insert your favorite band name] for Justin Bieber. UGH!
    relax dude, vanilla means classic.