Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Ok could someone help clear somthing up? From the screen shots you can see that the numbers will get bigger and bigger etc but each class and role will still need to meet the same caps, CTC, exp, hit etc so my question is..With bigger numbers and seeing as we can reforge etc would we be able to fine tune and slightly improve our characters for say end game raiding more so than with the current stats or if they did squish down the numbers would we have less margin as to which we could 'perfect' our goal numbers?

The biggest problem I see is that they waste too much ilvl on the leveling and pre raiding gear available. ICC heroic gear was 277 gear, the first Tier of Raiding in Cata was 359. Did they really need to jump 82ilvl on quest greens and pre raid garbage gear? I dont think so. If they just tempered the amount of jumps they made for 5 levels and we were sitting at maybe 333 for Firelands now it wouldnt be as bad. The examples they gave were exactly the reason they are in this mess. 5.3 gear is going to be ilvl 600. Why is that? Why are they jumping from say 397-403ilvl in the Dragon Soul raid to 200 ilvl higher in the 3rd patch of MOP. Should do the standard 6 ilvl jump.

If they followed 277 + 6 = 283 LVL81
    289 82
    295 83
    301 84
    307 85
    313 Pre Raid gear
    319 1st Tier of Raiding
    325 1st Tier Heroic
    331 2nd Tier of Raiding
    337 2nd Tier Heroic
    343 3rd Tier of Raiding
    349 3rd Tier Heroic
    355 Lvl 86

So even if we swallow the screw up that they made this xpac

403 3rd Tier Heroic
    409 Lvl 86
    415 Lvl 87
    421 Lvl 88
    427 Lvl 89
    433 Lvl 90
    439 Pre Raiding Gear
    445 1st Tier
    451 1st Tier Heroic
    457 2nd Tier
    463 2nd Tier Heroic
    469 3rd Tier
    475 3rd Tier Heroic

So that is 125-131 ilvl lower than the ridiculous 600ilvl they are proposing for 5.3 because it has a proper and non wasteful ilvl progression.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    A linear path has been needed for a while because of the inflated stats as they are going. Something has to be done, and has needed to be done even when TBC came out. Heck, most people when TBC came out replaced half their gear in the 1st 20mins of questing.
    This is wrong (I was wearing like 10 pieces form vanilla at 70) and actually the whole reason why cata went batshit with inflated gear. People were clearing Kara in Naxx60 (or even lower) gear, people were clearing Naxx80 in t6 gear. They didnt want gear to not matter that much at the start of the expansion, so they did the easier things. nerfed the healers over the 5 new levels, while at the same time, inflated gear to no end, just so people wouldnt wear the LK epics too long. try doing Bastion in ICC25HM gear.

The sudden ilevel jump in Cata and the so called "gear reset" was one thing I never agreed with. it was just not needed. So what, if people would be using DBW or Shadowmourne in Bastion?

One good thing out of all this mess is the whole issue with inflated gear is going to be solved sooner. Im definitely for ilev squish, but it has to be done properly and they will have to retune everything from MC to Deathwing.

Deleted

Red face

hey guys so id like to hear what you think about this idea. the idea is to make an option to toggle squish of items on and off so that all people kinda get what they want il copy paste my post on the official eu wow forum on to here:

so if you turn squish on youd have lets say 80k hp on 90 or something and with bignumbers lets say 800k hp so if a mob has 3k hp atm and you turn squish on it will have like 300??
    and the 3k mob hits for how much 100? or so cant remem how much they deal atm, but then they should hit for 10.
    if you at 90 crit 100k lets say thats a standart crit right you can crit like 10k with squish and normal hit would be like 5k and non squish 50k crits. (this is ofcourse auto attacks of lets say a warr or dk so spells would hit more ofc). this idea is very good i think cus its based on easy numbers non squish is 10times squished numbers easy so blizz plz do this i think it will save us all from qq threads people who wants the squish gets it and people who doesnt want it wont get it and have their game as it ha always bin. now this was dmg and hp based havent done the math for how the stats should be but i guess you can figure that out your self cus i dont think 10 times difference will fit it cus looking on the item idea for MoP it is already 10 times more then right now so mabye 15 or 20 times diffrences on stats or so but you can prob figure that out.
    plz tell me what you think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dejohn View Post
    The biggest problem I see is that they waste too much ilvl on the leveling and pre raiding gear available. ICC heroic gear was 277 gear, the first Tier of Raiding in Cata was 359. Did they really need to jump 82ilvl on quest greens and pre raid garbage gear? I dont think so. If they just tempered the amount of jumps they made for 5 levels and we were sitting at maybe 333 for Firelands now it wouldnt be as bad. The examples they gave were exactly the reason they are in this mess. 5.3 gear is going to be ilvl 600. Why is that? Why are they jumping from say 397-403ilvl in the Dragon Soul raid to 200 ilvl higher in the 3rd patch of MOP. Should do the standard 6 ilvl jump.

If they followed 277 + 6 = 283 LVL81
    289 82
    295 83
    301 84
    307 85
    313 Pre Raid gear
    319 1st Tier of Raiding
    325 1st Tier Heroic
    331 2nd Tier of Raiding
    337 2nd Tier Heroic
    343 3rd Tier of Raiding
    349 3rd Tier Heroic
    355 Lvl 86

So even if we swallow the screw up that they made this xpac

403 3rd Tier Heroic
    409 Lvl 86
    415 Lvl 87
    421 Lvl 88
    427 Lvl 89
    433 Lvl 90
    439 Pre Raiding Gear
    445 1st Tier
    451 1st Tier Heroic
    457 2nd Tier
    463 2nd Tier Heroic
    469 3rd Tier
    475 3rd Tier Heroic

So that is 125-131 ilvl lower than the ridiculous 600ilvl they are proposing for 5.3 because it has a proper and non wasteful ilvl progression.
    This is a very good post on the topic of why we are where we are right now in terms of itemstats.
    Even lowering all the stats in the game is only postponing the current problem to occur again at a later point in time if they don't change the way item evolve.
    So I think it's easier to leave the current and past they way it is currently and worry about the future a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDane97 View Post
    hey guys so id like to hear what you think about this idea. the idea is to make an option to toggle squish of items on and off so that all people kinda get what they want il copy paste my post on the official eu wow forum on to here:

so if you turn squish on youd have lets say 80k hp on 90 or something and with bignumbers lets say 800k hp so if a mob has 3k hp atm and you turn squish on it will have like 300??
    and the 3k mob hits for how much 100? or so cant remem how much they deal atm, but then they should hit for 10.
    if you at 90 crit 100k lets say thats a standart crit right you can crit like 10k with squish and normal hit would be like 5k and non squish 50k crits. (this is ofcourse auto attacks of lets say a warr or dk so spells would hit more ofc). this idea is very good i think cus its based on easy numbers non squish is 10times squished numbers easy so blizz plz do this i think it will save us all from qq threads people who wants the squish gets it and people who doesnt want it wont get it and have their game as it ha always bin. now this was dmg and hp based havent done the math for how the stats should be but i guess you can figure that out your self cus i dont think 10 times difference will fit it cus looking on the item idea for MoP it is already 10 times more then right now so mabye 15 or 20 times diffrences on stats or so but you can prob figure that out.
    plz tell me what you think about it
    Think about how confusing and unnecessary this would get. The solution is to squish the item levels, i'm getting 50k crits at level 81, its retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Squish on! It's all relative.

I think the thing everyone is failing to see is that it's not all relative. Based on the new item level chart, fresh 90s will have an average ilvl of around 100, at which point you're going to need to get a minimum of 10 people together to run Molten Core, and at least 20 players for Lich King. It's already hard enough to get 5 people together that want to run the old content that's not soloable. Now picture that for every old raid you want to run.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2011-11-06 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    I think the thing everyone is failing to see is that it's not all relative. Based on the new item level chart, fresh 90s will have an average ilvl of around 100, at which point you're going to need to get a minimum of 10 people together to run Molten Core, and at least 20 players for Lich King. It's already hard enough to get 5 people together that want to run the old content that's not soloable. Now picture that for every old raid you want to run.
    TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm content will get nerfed along with the item level squish should Blizzard choose to go that route. Your concern in regards to lvl 60 raids is legitimate, though.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I would very much like the see the Squish implemented

I never read all 41 pages of posts and maybe im silly but whats happens if blizzard change numbers to percents? means i remember when guild said we want you to make 19k damage to play that raid instance....or we need 11k healing, etc. whats happens if numbers are now converted to percentage, so the goal is to reach 80% dmg or 72% healing power in tier xx and next tier give 2% more agility or -1% resilence, etc, and we have differents flags areas to compare? means that instance is stage 3 so your gear will do 55% dmg, next instance is level 4 so you need to have 85% Strength to play successfully that boss or arena, etc One step after blizz can change percents with icons (stars, bullets, asterics or wathever) to represent values. Now we can do maths again without problem, and blizz can change the scale of world whenever he want and could be transparent for players cause we play with percentage of a given value.

I like to see Item Squish, because this is really weird withh all those big numbers. I like "big crits" too, but as it was mentioned above - big crits compared to other crits. If I crit with 100k with my Arcane Blast, while undergeared mage can crit with only 50k, I have no problem to crit for 10k, as long as that mage crits for 5k. I see few problems here, but all of them are solvable.1) Old content. To do old content will be definitely harder. Probably you wont be able to solo MC, probably you will, but that will be harder. Hovewer, Blizzard can reduce powers of bosses, but this will lead to another problem. Since 60th level gear will stay the same if bosses are about to be nerfed you wont need 40 60th people to do MC run. MC will become 5 man instance for 60th level people. That means you can run Stratholme or MC with same 5 man party, but get different gear ... well ... weird ... this is weird.2) Balance. Blizzard will need to fix everything - every item, every mob. I know Blizzard quite well to say this will lead to shitload of bugs and terribly ruined balance. They will need entire expansion to fix that out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations! You have killed WoW.

this is just stupid i dont wonna run around with 20k hp at lvl 90. would be better if they did put it down to 130k hp unbuffed in full dragon soul gear

Deleted
    just give items % of Crit, Hit, Haste as we got in vanilla

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm so glad they could finally admit this is a problem. I support the item squish personally and want them to do it for 5.0.
    Agree totally...

Absolutely in favor of squish. The current numbers are a bit ridiculous to be honest.

Simly divide every single stat (and Healthpool) by 10.

Simply divide every single stat and healthpool by 10.

squish is needed if we don't wanna end up with items like those fake ones in post, seriously people, what WoW player would be agianst this?