Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Newegg How to build a computer

So I understand most of it but during this video around 13:30 - 15:20, he connects CPU, GPU, to the motherboard, and
    HDMI to a monitor, and he power is with his PSU. Once he does his test, and hears the post beep from the speaker, he
    sees something on a monitor, but then he just cuts to something else.

My questions is: Once you hear your Beep, how do you properly turn everything off? Do you just cut power from the PSu and that's it?

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56k...feature=relmfu

Thanks!

do the same thing you did to turn it on, press the power button on my MoBo or short the pins with a screw driver

Deleted
    cut the power from the PSU and you should be good to go.

also as said, most of the time you would just built it in the actual case seeing as there is no need to build it outside of it :P

Deleted
    Cut power from PSU i assume.
    But you dont have to do that, as in build it outside of your case. You can just build it straight into your case, and just power it on when everything is build in.

Deleted
    It's just a test boot to make sure that everything works as it should before you start to pull cables and mount things. I find it a mandatory part of any computer assembly project (unless you already have the parts in the case). Just imagine if you mount everything in the case and when you are about to turn it on the PSU is fried or the motherboard isn't working properly.

I wouldn't cut the power on the PSU, but rather push the power button again to turn it off (or use the screwdriver method if your motherboard doesn't have a power-on button). It doesn't matter much, as the computer hasn't loaded anything but the BIOS at this point.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the input! Also if i do the screwdriver method, do you think is instant or hold for a few secs till it shuts down?

I'm getting the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, not sure if it has a power button.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    Thanks for all the input! Also if i do the screwdriver method, do you think is instant or hold for a few secs till it shuts down?
    it should be instant u just want to allow a current to pass through the 2 pins to create a start up current.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    it should be instant u just want to allow a current to pass through the 2 pins to create a start up current.
    Thanks! ^_^

when i do a test bot and build out of case first, I just place my case on a chair adjacent to the table I am working at (since the table isnt big enough for the case and for me to lay everything out, and run the case wire from the case power button to the MoBo to power on and off. I was always worried I would short my MoBo trying the screwdriver trick. If the power wire willr each that far, it works really well!