Another H Rag10 Thread

My guild is working on H Rag10, but we were looking for some suggestions and rooms for improvement in attempting to get to one meteor with our current setup. On a side note, we have been plagued with absences, roster problems and everything else that hinders progression, so we have been lacking H Rag practice for nearly a month so we spent most of the time last night just learning what World in Flames is >.>'

worldoflogs.com/reports/bmmew6lsf6hf5r0e/dashboard/?s=6740&e=7329

I have taken a look at other H Rag threads and taken some modifications into considerations. We do not have the luxury at this point to push him during WiF, he casts WiF when he's at about 45%, we could work on that a little I suppose, but we push him shortly after the 3rd seeds are done and killed. The transition is pretty standard, 4/5 split on each side, with one tank picking up both Scions and taking them to somewhere in the middle of the room. One add is left alive and killed when Rag rises. We manage to kill one Scion and the other one is down to 10-20% and dies 5 seconds after Rag rises. From this point, we just split left/right (5 on each side, both tanks on one side, one healer on each side) and burn.

In the log, we had a poorly timed hero, probably should have used it the moment people were in position for P3 after Scions died, so some of the raid's CDs were not aligned with hero, it was miscommunication. I am aware that two people did not dps pot during P3.

I don't play all these classes, so if anybody has specific suggestions for any of the raid members on what they should do, I appreciate your feedback. General improvements and execution suggestions would also be appreciated.

First thought is to hold dps during the 2nd seed so you can push him during WiF after the 3rd seed. That's how we did it when we first killed him. Or hold dps on him until he starts casting WiF if you have him at 41-42% when seeds die.

I'm not really sure but the timing on that seems so out of whack.

At 45%, WiF is cast and the next WiF comes after the 4th set of seeds. Should we just get better at dpsing during P2? We don't really prioritize dpsing during P2, mostly just staying alive.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well simple your warlock can do 45-50k , your spriest dmg is actually ok, your hunter and feral can improve, ask the healers to do the knockback on p3 one in each side.
    Your warlock for e.g say him to use shadowflame during world in flames avoid move the minimum possible, he will proc decimation in scions so he better use soul fire more than he did.
    Ragnaros up use Curse of Elements (was curse of elements up ? 8% magic dmg didnt found it.)
    Moonwell Challice, Meta, Demon Soul , Felstorm , Potion ,dots , wait for felstorm end summon instante felhunter, call doomguard with max int possible and with moonwell buff stil up doomguard did 500k less than it should at least, use the shadowflame and clip corruption if is ending during world in flames move between the first and 2nd lines, use fel flame if none of the previous is possible, use life tap during intermission .

Dont go straight away to max right and left wait for meteor spawn after first world in flame , in order for it spawn in middle and you gain space, let the healers do the knockback and the dk.

saw the armory of the warlock :
    Pinhèàd

I would drop sorrowsong and get moonwell challice, tell him to do dailies every day if he doesnt have it still (he should).

I tried sorrowsong instead of DMC:V but actually i did better with DMC:V and it helps during the rest of fight, i was doing around 57k yesterday on rag on p3, but i got the staff now, before was 50k on good tries.
    Last edited by Ferali; 2011-11-04 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks for that. I'll let him know.

I don't remember the exact timer until the first meteor spawn, would it be ideal to turn around when he rises (when Scions die + when he rises), to just hero and nuke until the first meteor? I don't think the first meteor spawn will have an impact on our hero timing if we use it immediately when we start nuking him (standing in the middle).

When you push into P3, have all your DPS stay still and pop hero the moment Rag comes up. Have tanks finish off whatever's left on the adds. Your DPS don't need to split off to the sides until the first meteor actually comes down, so you'll get more DPS uptime by putting off moving 'til as late as possible.

replace that mage, his dmg is way to low

I realize you are asking for phase 3 to 4 transition advice, but i just wanted to chime in about your hunter. He's doing a lot right, but he absolutely needs 1 point in Rapid Killing for multi shot spam as it works directly with a later tier talent, Rapid Recuperation. He shouldn't have any points in concussive barage (i assume he uses this for beth adds, but he should be respeccing for rag progression) and at least one point in Marked for Death as it will help him do more dps when target switching to elementals/scions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

7/31/3 is the typical mm build, with a point that swings between silencing shot, trueshot aura, 2/2 marked for death, etc.

How do the timers actually end up lining up for P2 in terms of pushing during a WiF? Does it happen after the 3rd set of Seeds? We seem to get a WiF at 45% after the 3rd set of seeds have died, and before the 4th set. Is that the WiF people use to push him the additional few percentages? Maybe we are just pushing too little dps in P2.

Any other suggestions for improvement would be much appreciated. There isn't much we can do about replacements, so we have to work with what we got.

after the 2nd seeds we push him to 44%, 3rd seeds are coming. nuke them, boss should be at 41,0-41,5 before the WiF. Worked almost every time

Quote Originally Posted by Kanade View Post
    I'm not really sure but the timing on that seems so out of whack.

At 45%, WiF is cast and the next WiF comes after the 4th set of seeds. Should we just get better at dpsing during P2? We don't really prioritize dpsing during P2, mostly just staying alive.
    You want him to be ~41% during the WIF post 3rd Seed... as soon as WIF starts push his shit in.

If you're at 45% after third set of seeds, your DPS needs to pickup - we generally hit 45% during the AOE for second set of seeds (granted on 25 man) and sit there with our thumbs up our asses for 10+ seconds before third seeds come out.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Hmm, gotcha. We should be able to get him to 41% before the WiF. Is it safe to assume pushing him during WiF could net us 4-5%?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanade View Post
    Hmm, gotcha. We should be able to get him to 41% before the WiF. Is it safe to assume pushing him during WiF could net us 4-5%?
    Depending on DPS, yes. We get him to ~36-36.5% before he submerges. Best we've had was 35.7% but that was a ton of RNG w/ staff procs from our legendaries and crits.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Depending on DPS, yes. We get him to ~36-36.5% before he submerges. Best we've had was 35.7% but that was a ton of RNG w/ staff procs from our legendaries and crits.
    If you can't push 1 meteor with a legendary, I don't think you should be looking at your strategy. At least one of your mages should be replaced. Everyone in your group can pick up their dps. Also, if your dps can't pick up the slack, have your prot pally take 6-7 stacks of the debuff before the other tank takes it off him.

Quote Originally Posted by natijs4 View Post
    If you can't push 1 meteor with a legendary, I don't think you should be looking at your strategy. At least one of your mages should be replaced. Everyone in your group can pick up their dps. Also, if your dps can't pick up the slack, have your prot pally take 6-7 stacks of the debuff before the other tank takes it off him.
    ... we are pushing 1 meteor? With a 10-15 second window I might add. So I'm not sure what you're talking about - unless you misquoted or I'm misunderstanding you...

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    ... we are pushing 1 meteor? With a 10-15 second window I might add. So I'm not sure what you're talking about - unless you misquoted or I'm misunderstanding you...
    Misquoting, I'm sorry. My comment was directed at OP.

Quote Originally Posted by natijs4 View Post
    I didn't realize that looking at my strategy is not the right way to try to overcome this fight! Did you consider for a second that how we execute our P3 is not as flawless as how you do it? Having healers to knockback meteors, is that not a strat? So if our dps was knocking back meteors, are you telling me that it is wrong to change our strat to have healers do it? Is not having a prot pally take 6-7 stacks of the debuff also called looking at the strat?

Gee, thanks for your insightful feedback. My bad, I thought I might have mentioned somewhere that replacing people was out of the question, hence we are looking for ways to push that extra hurdle. Sorry that not everyone in the raid has amazing gear, oh look at that. 376 ilvl with some crappy trinket still. But thanks for the heads-up, I would not have realized how low its dps was from the logs.

@kanade its a mix of a learning process to maximize dps time and obviously gear. I"d suggest to push into p4 with 2 meteors up, ignore dps on ragnaros and try to control the meteors. It's a looot tougher then doing it with 1 meteor, not even the same encounter. But still it's worth the time. If you get close to handling two, it will feel very, very easy once the dps is there to get there with 1. Also, it is killable with 2 as well, if everything is done right.

And ignore the kids posting sometihng about 'you can easily push 55k dps balbal', just talking out of their ass. With mostly full heroic gear, you can constanlty push 35-45k, depending on class/legendairy/RNG (crit RNG is stupidly important if the timeframe you look at is only about 100 seconds). But anything above that is just super lucky one time stuff or just plain talking out of their ass, while I am fairly sure it's the second.

^this.
    learn p4 with 2 meteors, if you can handle them and handle the dreadflame and switching patches, than its 100 times easier if you push into p4 with only 1 meteor.
    We had gear issues, too. pray to the loot god, and try to get a better feeling for p2=>p3, thats where you can get 4% of his health. good transition is the key for 1 meteor