Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    PC for sure because you can mod you game and all that. And the arrow in the knee i'll you discover it.

if you have a high end PC then go for it on pc. otherwise go for the console version.

Quote Originally Posted by nasio View Post
    i just got a ps3 and a game and i got alot of money back so i decided i wanted a game, and i think skyrim looks rly nice so what do you think, skyrim for ps3 or for pc. and etc whats up with all this "arrow to the knee thing"?
    PC, if you buy it for ps3 you will miss out on all the great mods that are coming out. and you won't have the ingame console which is invaluable for unfucking yourself if you encounter a bugged quest or accidentally screw something up like kill your horse. could also be used to cheat if that's your sort of thing.

the arrow in the knee thing will make sense when you start playing.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Isn't there some big memory leaks and save file corruptions on the PS3 versions, or did Bethesda fix that? I haven't played Skyrim yet, but I'm just going from bugs I heard on the PS3 version.

Deleted
    Look at it this way, if you have a decent PC that can run Skyrim (or any other game recently released *Battlefield 3*) get the game on PC due to the fact you can get mods. If you don't have a decent computer, then I would suggest getting it on the Ps3 instead, but keep in mind you wont be able to include mods in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    The arrow to knee thing, yeha, you'll get that once you start playing, pretty funny tbh And I'd say PC if your rig can run it on decent settings, otherwise, go ps3 =)
    <snip>

I don't think it really matters if you get it to PC or PS3. Both have good enough controls for the game I suppose. I think PC would be better, but since I am a PC gamer it might be biased. The only games I think is better on consoles are racing games, Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed or similar.

<Mod Edit: Please don't post memes>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-12-26 at 08:19 PM.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

PC, definitely. If the other choice was the 360, I'd suggest that if you have a terrible computer. As far as I've been told, the PS3 version is as close to broken as a playable game gets (which is just plain terrible, both from Sony and Bethesda's sides). Either way, Skyrim requires far less resources than you'd think, simply because it isn't an incredibly taxing game to begin with. For example, I can run Skyrim on Ultra settings and get roughly 30 FPS constantly (I run it at Very High for a bit more FPS). Similarly, The Witcher 2 (which I haven't gotten around to playing yet, but is installed) automatically set itself to Low. Which is... yeah, not awesome.

Deleted
    thanks for the reply, my parents dont live together and my pc at my mom cant drive it so it is worth to buy a game and only could play it 1 week and then wait a week till you can play a week more?

10+ Year Old Account
    PC without a doubt. Bethesda games have a tendency to have really bad bugs at times. Having Skyrim on PC makes things 100% easier when something buggy happens. Plus mods! Those are fun as well.

Definitely PC. PS3 will work, but it's really pushing the limits of what the machine will do. Load times are obnoxious - every time I fast traveled somewhere I had to wait forever in load screen, then sit for a full minute and let the graphics sort themselves out. On PC, there's no wait. Click the spot on the map, read 3 words before load screen finishes, and immediately start running wherever.

Also, mods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nasio View Post
    thanks for the reply, my parents dont live together and my pc at my mom cant drive it so it is worth to buy a game and only could play it 1 week and then wait a week till you can play a week more?
    It's really up to you to decide in the long run, as a suggestion I would possibly tell you to get it on PC even if you can only play it one week at a time. But as I said its a suggestion you have to make that personal choice yourself.

Deleted
    OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    -snip-
    Double dare pic
    -snip-
    I used to double dare like you, then I took an arrow to the knee =(

I just got it on console(ps3). I would say after bf3 I won't be buying many games on pc unless it's pc only like diablo 3. I'm sick of having to constantly dump $$ into upgrades just play the latest and greatest games. I know I'm the minority but when bf3 came out I had to buy ram and I should have bought a video card. I didn't get a video card and now since the latest bf3 update I can't play cause my card crashes. It worked fine from beta through launch and all the way up to the new xpac. I've updated all my drivers to no avail. So back on topic. Unless you are serious about modding, I would recommend consoles. You know you will have the same experience regardless of updates. Plus IMO games like skyrim are most fun sitting on a couch or recliner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    why do people say the xbox controller is the best?
    People tend to put what they're used to as the "best"
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Would have to say PC just for the sheer number of Mods.

Id say grab it for pc. In worst case scenario.... Ya could just yse ur xbox/ps3 controller on your pc and it would allmost feel the same as a console >.<... But yeah. Graphic wise and gamewise + mods, id go for PC. I cant really stand First-person games on consoles.

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

So many time PC seriously never play a game on Xbox that was designed for the PC...