Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it Possible to 5 man ICC 25 man?

Title says it all. I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to 5 man the first 4 bosses and the plague quarter in icc 25 man? We're not going for achievs, mostly transmog gear! P.S. we're mostly firelands gear with a few pieces of heroic gear.

Yeah, probably if you're not going for anything crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Probably, but it will take a while. Even Marrowgar has a fair chunk of HP and will take a few of you out of combat at a time with spikes.

non heroic maybe, lol.

Barring mechanics i think you might be ok.

Marrowgar will never spike the tanks, but he throws out a set number of spikes.

Marrowgar is designed with 2 tanks in mind, that means he will never spike 2 of your 5 people, I dont recall the exact number of spikes on 25 man but i think there is at least 3, that means he would spike the remaining 3 people of your 5 man group.

Saurfang ought to be fun for you as well, Rune of Blood does some serious damage if left long enough, hence the tank swapping.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-11-04 at 09:54 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Festergut would have VERY steep dps requirements if you were to 5-man it. He needs ~135k raid dps to beat the enrage. If the tank is averaging 15,000 dps, each of the remaining 3 dps would need to average ~40k dps to beat the enrage. If the tank pulls 25k dps, each of the 3 dps would still need to pull ~37k dps on average.

That said, 10-heroic has the same gear (cosmetically) as 25 normal so you might have an easier time 5-manning 10-heroic than you will 25 normal.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2011-11-04 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Festergut would have VERY steep dps requirements if you were to 5-man it. He needs ~135k raid dps to beat the enrage. If the tank is averaging 15,000 dps, each of the remaining 3 dps would need to average ~40k dps to beat the enrage. If the tank pulls 25k dps, each of the 3 dps would still need to pull ~37k dps on average.

That said, 10-heroic has the same gear (cosmetically) as 25 normal so you might have an easier time 5-manning 10-heroic than you will 25 normal.
    If the ICC buff is still there, it won't be all that hard. Is it? I have no idea, haven't been there since cata was released.

Second this. We got up to Festergut fairly easily as a 4 man group, but Festergut was just a cockblock.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mionelol solo'd it so, ye I guess. Takes patience and skill tough

Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    10 man yes, 25 no.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but someone wants the sanctified warrior gear and unfortunately heroic 10 turns it into death knight sanctified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    Wasn't that "solo" = survive untill you die to enrage? Because, I have a feeling Mionelol couldn't pull 135k dps out of his/her ass...

sindragosa sais no

as she tombs 5 ppl per air phase in 25 man

ah nvm that missleading title

anway i doubt it as deathbringers adds whould bake a meal out of u

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sindragosa sais no

We only want to kill the first 4 bosses plus the plague quarter. we know frost can't be 5 manned, and i doubt blood queen can be 5 manned either.

I dont think you can 5 man PP either. 1 tank for tanking PP + 1 person in the abom to eat slime pools + 1 healer (minimum) leaves 2 dps if there is 5 people. and I dont think 2 dps can dps the slimes fast enough.

Not since you get 2 slimes at a time on 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I dont think you can 5 man PP either. 1 tank for tanking PP + 1 person in the abom to eat slime pools + 1 healer (minimum) leaves 2 dps if there is 5 people. and I dont think 2 dps can dps the slimes fast enough.

Not since you get 2 slimes at a time on 25 man.
    if you're doing heroic mode on the phase changes yes, but if it's normal you only get 1 each time and it doesn't matter if it is 10 or 25 man

Quote Originally Posted by Dontdotmeiv View Post
    Yeah but someone wants the sanctified warrior gear and unfortunately heroic 10 turns it into death knight sanctified.
    Deathbringer drops sanctified tier tokens on 10 heroic. Between BoE 264s, level 80 justice gear, and sanctified tier, (s)he should be able to get the warrior look.

Deleted
    Best way possible to beat festergut with a few people is to have dpsers tanking him in the start to get stacks of the buff. I only did 10 man, but I tanked up till I have 5 stacks, then the tank took over. In 25 man I imagine you want a second dps to tank aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathbringer drops sanctified tier tokens on 10 heroic. Between BoE 264s, level 80 justice gear, and sanctified tier, (s)he should be able to get the warrior look.
    The problem with that though is the person who wants them is a paladin lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sindragosa sais no

ah nvm that missleading title
    Even if sindragosa was not part of the OPs question you can still kill her with only 5 players.
    It's possible to avoid getting tombed with the right classes in the raid. Rogues for instance
    can immune the Ice Tombs if they Vanish at the exact right time and then proceed to free everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Even if sindragosa was not part of the OPs question you can still kill her with only 5 players.
    It's possible to avoid getting tombed with the right classes in the raid. Rogues for instance
    can immune the Ice Tombs if they Vanish at the exact right time and then proceed to free everyone else.

i assume then that only pala and rogue would work for this

anyway as i said the beasts from deathbringer will build up surfanges power to much

also gunship i doubt u can defeat it be4 the npcs got killed as ud have the tank +1-2 going over but all 4 others going in the canons but then again theres no enrages so...

also while i remember its a no from feaster also since theres not enough ppl spread the tank will be susceptible to vile gas as well as the healer(s)