View Poll Results: Will Facebook get down?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Yes

15 39.47%
  • No

23 60.53%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere outside McDonalds, free internet

Anonymus 5th of November - Operation Facebook

Okey so you have probably already red about Facebook going down on the 5th of november.
    if you haven't here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6crH8qmyZ8

I'm pretty sure that it will, but Im not sure.
    So what do you guys think, will it happen or not?

Will try get a poll up

Discuss!

edit: damn forgot to add maybe on the poll...
    Last edited by Strippárn; 2011-11-04 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    I hope with all my heart that it will go down. It just feels so huge and uncontrollable that it would be a sweet release to see it brought down by anonymous.

Sort of like david vs goliath :P

I'm saying there's a 20% of it going down...

As much as I'd like to see it go down, I highly doubt it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of makes me sad that we need someone to physically prevent us from going on facebook to get us off it, considering how much we tote around about disliking it.

You mean like they brought down the NYSE?

Probably not going to happen.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    You mean like they brought down the NYSE?

Probably not going to happen.
    Did they really bring it down?

Deleted
    Are they ever going to bring something meaningful down? Facebook is hardly the centre of the universe.

Deleted
    While facebook isn't "meaningful", it's definitely one of the most public things they could bring down. Just to establish their "power" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Strippárn View Post
    Did they really bring it down?
    No, the security at the Stock Exchange said they noticed something that day but it was "So weak they just laughed at it."

Also, I just saw this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45169382.../#.TrRpfbKwWx0

that is a +1 for Anon in my book
    Last edited by Toatx; 2011-11-04 at 10:40 PM.

Well I do have a facebook but I don't really use it all that much so them taking it down won't really affect me, but I'd still like to see it happen. I know people that use FB WAY too much and I would just love to hear them complaining that anonymous took it down. As to IF they can do it, I believe they can. Guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they do theyre dicks... some people use FB to connect to family and friends they can no longer see or visit often, making that connection between people harder is just not right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toator View Post
    No, the security at the Stock Exchange said they noticed something that day but it was "So weak they just laughed at it."
    Oh haha didn't know that

Lot of selfish people out there with the "I hope it goes down" attitude. If you dont like it, dont use it. Nobody's forcing you. Some people like FB and use it to connect with long distance family and friends. There's plenty of things I think are stupid, doesn't mean I sit here hoping for an end to things others like that I dislike. Part of growing up means learning how to live and let live.

Eh, I think they'll be able to do it. I don't know why, something tells me they just will...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really believe in these people, so I'm kind of hoping for facebook to go down.
    Sure, I like facebook but it's kind of scary what is said about it. :/
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Deleted
    It's a bunch of bored, acne covered internet super heroes. They couldn't bring a pile of cards down.

Will it go down? Perhaps, but I highly doubt it. Will it stay down? Snowball's chance in Hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    if they do theyre dicks... some people use FB to connect to family and friends they can no longer see or visit often, making that connection between people harder is just not right
    Honestly, upwards of 75% of what I see people post on facebook is a picture of their food, a request for something in farmville, or just something that generally doesn't matter in the slightest. There are people who use FB as a tool to communicate with separated loved ones, but more often than not, they're using it as a (mostly) benign time killer.

OP, i don't really care if FB goes down. Most of the people close to me who use the thing are always talking about how they should use it less anyway. I'm more interested in the attack that's supposed to go down against Fox News tomorrow.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

I doubt it would go down, they tried to take down Amazon once, and failed horrifically.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Honestly, upwards of 75% of what I see people post on facebook is a picture of their food, a request for something in farmville, or just something that generally doesn't matter in the slightest. There are people who use FB as a tool to communicate with separated loved ones, but more often than not, they're using it as a (mostly) benign time killer.
    but still whats wrong with that? they chose to post their info on a website anon has no reason to take down peoples communication and social site