Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If I make more than 20 bucks over my entire time playing D3, I'll be utterly impressed. But if I find something worth selling and don't want to use it myself, you can bet it's gonna get sold for cash. Really though, it's gonna come down to the market. Honestly though, I'll probably keep some sort of slush fund from what I sell and use it to buy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both fr me aswell, depending on which is more profitable at the time. I'll start out selling on the RMAH to get a decent amount in the wallet to start flipping between the RMAH and the gold AH. I intend to make full use of the free transactions given.

I see a lot of people say their going to be selling things for RL money in the AH, but I never see anybody talking about buying items...

I think that will drive prices down even more. It's like an f2p game that you don't even need to use the shop (ah in this case) for and from what I've noticed most people even avoid the f2p cash shops.

It really makes me wonder just how successful a RL cash AH that's run by players will be.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-11-07 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I see a lot of people talk say their going to be selling things for RL money in the AH, but I never see anybody talking about buying items...

I think that will driveprices down even more. It's like an f2p game that you don't even need to use the shop (ah in this case) for and from what I've noticed most people even avoid the f2p cash shops.

It really makes me wonder just how successful a RL cash AH that's run by players will be.
    Prices will probably be in the pennys for most items and only the rarest of the rare will be selling for a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Well for cash i think - depends on the price however i wont sell anything for less then 10 euros for sure then just gold

Deleted
    Mainly real-life money, I think. Unless it's completely different from Diablo 2, I don't really need to buy those items anyway, so I can just earn money off the things I gather myself. But we shall see, maybe I'll have to first get a substantial amount of gold before I can start selling for $$

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be using both. I think I read that blizzard takes a cut of the auction, much like ebay (I'm not certain about this!), and if the item is stupidly cheap to sell for real money anyway, then I'm probablly going to put it on the Gold auction house.

However, if I find a rare and super powerful item that I don't want, then sure I will put it on the real money auction house because it's worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    You need to be 18 to have a paypal account.
    That will kill it for a lot of "older" people who just hate paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    You need to lie and have it linked to your parents debit/credit card . . . . its what I did when i was a teen.
    I've had my PayPal account for over 10 years now and started it when I was probably 13-14. Iirc I had to use my Dad's name/CC, which is annoying now because the account is still under my dad's name and not mine. At some point I'll probably attempt to get a name change out of PayPal but its probably more trouble than its worth.

Could someone please explain to me how exactly you can post items on the AH for real life money? That seems pretty complicated...does it require a paypal account or something?

Edit: Ooooh ok they ARE going the Paypal route then. I spose i should have assumed. Nvm

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do both, given we have the option to put a price-tag on it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    I'll look at what things sell for, if it's pittance than it goes for gold, otherwise I'll try for the cash.

I'll probably look at selling some gold anyways.

I have a feeling that gold is going to be super cheap on the RMAH because everyone is going to try to make some money off of some extra gold they have in game. The problem is that the more people that sell gold for money, the cheaper the gold is going to be.

I for one will probably only sell super rare things on the rmah and use the regular one 99% of the time and even then if it really is that good i'll just want to use it myself or gear up a friend with it. I just don't think the rmah is going to be as big of a deal as people are thinking it will be. The only stuff that is going to sell there is going to be the super rare super amazing items that will be such a small chance of dropping you could play constantly and still not see one for months. I don't think that very many people are going to see a return off of the rmah.

All that being said, I'd bet the first few months the game is out is going to be the most lucrative, due to people with too much money being willing to buy their gear to make leveling easier.

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    I have a feeling that gold is going to be super cheap on the RMAH because everyone is going to try to make some money off of some extra gold they have in game. The problem is that the more people that sell gold for money, the cheaper the gold is going to be.

I for one will probably only sell super rare things on the rmah and use the regular one 99% of the time and even then if it really is that good i'll just want to use it myself or gear up a friend with it. I just don't think the rmah is going to be as big of a deal as people are thinking it will be. The only stuff that is going to sell there is going to be the super rare super amazing items that will be such a small chance of dropping you could play constantly and still not see one for months. I don't think that very many people are going to see a return off of the rmah.

All that being said, I'd bet the first few months the game is out is going to be the most lucrative, due to people with too much money being willing to buy their gear to make leveling easier.
    It really depends on prices of items in gold. I am guessing that, for exmaple, during first month/few months most of players are gonna be with, as example, 10k gold, and great lvl 60 items will be @ 200k gold and more, so they will have to buy gold or just pay $ for these items. Gold farmers will win in this scenario. Same goes for all those who will quickly level up to lvl 60 and farm gold, gems, items, most of casuals have $ (wow proves it, lots and lots of pets for $, char name changes, char race changes, realm changes etc) so because they don't have much time to farm, well, only thing they can do is buy smth from AH, for example: few gold packages to buy great item.

Let's say: Tyraels Might will be @ 300k gold, and U can farm like 15k gold by playing 8hours straight each day for a week. U get the idea. This is how it's gonna be.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2011-11-08 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    You need to lie and have it linked to your parents debit/credit card . . . . its what I did when i was a teen.
    God I hate the word "teen" more than any other word on this Earth...

Anyway, I'll probly keep items for myself unless I get an item that I worth like 100 bucks or something... but I'm not selling like the best WD helmet in the game for 20 bucks.

Deleted
    The thing about money AH is that it works on your mind making you sell things.
    When an item drops and you KNOW it will sell for $5, you are instantly comparing your current self with your future sell (which has $5 more). And then you starting thinking backwards: "Does my future self really pay $5 for this item? I'm depriving my future-me of $5 which is exactly the same as buying this item for money".

And then you end up selling it because that's how people are. It's a fiendeshly clever trick played by Blizzard. They will make buckets full of money with this feature.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unlikely to sell anything. I expect the prices to be driven down by unemployed people, children too young to work, and players in countries where the dollar converts very favorably to the local currency -- so much that for someone with regular income in US dollars, posting items won't be worth the opportunity cost.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    The thing about money AH is that it works on your mind making you sell things.
    When an item drops and you KNOW it will sell for $5, you are instantly comparing your current self with your future sell (which has $5 more). And then you starting thinking backwards: "Does my future self really pay $5 for this item? I'm depriving my future-me of $5 which is exactly the same as buying this item for money".

And then you end up selling it because that's how people are. It's a fiendeshly clever trick played by Blizzard. They will make buckets full of money with this feature.
    Well, not everyone thinks this way. Some ppl just don't care and wanna sell this item, cose it's useless for them, also it will take long time for most of casuals to level up alts. Also, 5$ is nothing, comparing it to Entropia Universe prices back in old days, where best Frist Aid Pack which gave almost immortality, costs like 35 000 $, best gun which was giving constant profit was for about 22 000 $. Looting that gives serious thoughts. The same goes for heavy multi-box isk farming in EVE Online, with 2-4 accounts making 600mln isk isn't hard, and after 8 hours (like a typical job) you end up with 11 PLEXes (30 day ingame time cards) which u can sell irl, ending with about 110 $ earned/day which is for everyone in central and east europe, alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    I'm unlikely to sell anything. I expect the prices to be driven down by unemployed people, children too young to work, and players in countries where the dollar converts very favorably to the local currency -- so much that for someone with regular income in US dollars, posting items won't be worth the opportunity cost.
    To Your list I would add "ppl from central and eastern europe" (well "and players in countries where the dollar converts very favorably to the local currency" refers to that), because average sallary here is (after U cut insurance and taxes) 600-900 $ so games where U can earn moeny, are much better options for young ppl and students. I myself earned alot of money in Entropia Universe (I started when I was 15 yo in 2003).
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2011-11-08 at 03:39 PM.

Both! I have no reservations concerning either option. Why not?

I will definitely trade items and gold for real money. I likely wont purchase in game items and gold for real world currency. That said, I might use some of the money earned by selling in game stuff to acquire in game stuff to keep the business going. But I would never use my own, real, savings, so to speak.