Thread: 4.3 spec

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Oops, meant destro. Not that demo locks are hurting next patch, see http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T12H.html
    I find it interesting that someone sim overall dps numbers, but doesn't include the BiS Legendary staff for any of the casters...


    Either way, I'm attempting to rub out the last 3 levels on my mage, then try stealing all the caster gear from our two warlocks MWHAHAHAHA (We also need someone to soak up the Rogue Mage DK Druid tokens....)


    wish maintenance would hurry up!!

  2. #62
    Mechagnome Vulryth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    a nice place
    Posts
    701
    eh, hunters seemed op to me, even after they nerfed aimed shot from the first 20% to the first 10% of a boss, they were still doing alot of damage.
    on the other hand...

    my warlock has been sitting in his cave-lair for the entirety of patch 4.2 because of how poor he was doing. now maybe he can kill shit instead of knitting things for impsy and adding more zippers to his clothes so he can look like his favorite character from kingdom hearts.
    weeee!

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    eh, hunters seemed op to me, even after they nerfed aimed shot from the first 20% to the first 10% of a boss, they were still doing alot of damage.
    on the other hand...

    my warlock has been sitting in his cave-lair for the entirety of patch 4.2 because of how poor he was doing. now maybe he can kill shit instead of knitting things for impsy and adding more zippers to his clothes so he can look like his favorite character from kingdom hearts.
    If you are losing to a hunter as a warlock, you are being outplayed or outgeared. Heck, locks can keep up with us even in the initial 90% burst (ok, my warlock friend only started to really compete with me on the burst after TDW, but still...).

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    Yea i'm not jumping ship just yet, i'm just preparing my life raft lol...
    Pretty much this. Hunters have always been a scary class in progression. Pet pathing on new bosses is always worrisome (plus pet uptime, namely madness and spine) as well as being the only class in the raid that doesn't have a non conditional (melee range and glyphed for hunters) damage reduction. We have no offspec so we can't help the raid fill a different role. We have nothing going for us at all other than dps and how it's looking is that our dps is going to be pretty bad. Especially considering that we're going to be going from 3-4 healers that we clear 7/7H with to on a few fights 7-8 healers for heroic progression, some dps are going to have to sit and I don't see a reason at the moment for a raid to choose another class other than hunters if you're trying to push high end progression. Not only do we have all of these problems but we also don't have a legendary option to inflate our numbers more like all the other casters. Unless they change the 20% ap buff to include hunters we're going to be hurting so much.

    Lastly even if BM is simming as the highest. Pet pathing and pet uptime with adds (as well as moving adds and the problems that causes with kill command) make me think that it will still be no where near the most viable raid spec come patch day.

  5. #65
    Mechagnome Vulryth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    a nice place
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Argg0 View Post
    If you are losing to a hunter as a warlock, you are being outplayed or outgeared. Heck, locks can keep up with us even in the initial 90% burst (ok, my warlock friend only started to really compete with me on the burst after TDW, but still...).
    i never said that, dont put words in my mouth. im simply happy because locks are getting buffed. and no, affliction locks dps is lower than other classes until the burn phase because of drain soul. btw your comparing one of the easiest classes to play in the game to one of the hardest to play correctly.
    weeee!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    i never said that, dont put words in my mouth. im simply happy because locks are getting buffed. and no, affliction locks dps is lower than other classes until the burn phase because of drain soul. btw your comparing one of the easiest classes to play in the game to one of the hardest to play correctly.
    Sorry for taking that conclusion out of "how poor he is doing" and "hunter seemed OP...".

    Of course I wasn't talking about Affliction's burst, I was talking about Demo's. And doing less is some part of the fight is completely normal. MM Hunters do more the start and less latter while Warriors, Affli, and other execute classes do more in the end and less during before that.

    About one class being easier than other... it really varies from people to people. People say SP is hard to play, I strongly disagree. People say Ret is faceroll, I disagree. In the end, all rotations are easy and pretty much automatic for a good player, but let's no get into this discussion because the topic is not about it.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    eh, hunters seemed op to me, even after they nerfed aimed shot from the first 20% to the first 10% of a boss, they were still doing alot of damage.
    on the other hand...

    my warlock has been sitting in his cave-lair for the entirety of patch 4.2 because of how poor he was doing. now maybe he can kill shit instead of knitting things for impsy and adding more zippers to his clothes so he can look like his favorite character from kingdom hearts.
    If ur bringing a hunter over a demo lock ur nerfing ur raid unless ur bringn 2 unique buffs

    I have a 379enh/378ele sham and my 379cat/378bear feral waiting just incase things get bad for hunters but im in a 10man and bringn 2 buffs so i dont see me switching. But agreed on the 20%ap buff also converting to hunters this will help the fact of the lower 1/4 dps spot atm. Might bring us up tward top 1/4 where hunters should be imo.
    Last edited by sirwoodrow; 2011-11-08 at 08:15 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •