Madness of Deathwing PTR and Stood in the Fire achievement

Our guild has been doing PTR testing for the Dragon Soul raid in 4.3 and while testing Madness of Deathwing, the final encounter, when a player would die they'd receive the Stood in the Fire achievement. It's doubtful that any achievement hunters don't have this yet but if not, soon you'll be able to get it with very little time investment required, assuming they don't change it.

Honestly, I don't know whether or not they'll change it, since it will no longer be available in the open world when 4.3 hits.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Honestly, I don't know whether or not they'll change it, since it will no longer be available in the open world when 4.3 hits.
    Actually, Blizzard has stated before that they plan to leave Stood In The Fire available in the world at least throughout 4.3 (i.e., probably leaving it until the 5.0 world event hits pre-MoP)

Deleted
    This is good for people that struggled to get it, but if it remains next expansion then DS achi runs will have a lot of people getting themselves killed for an achievement.

Deleted
    Thats nice! I have the achievement on most of my chars, but i know a few guys who have it not because they are unlucky or they are not that often online to roam the world.

I´m a bit disappointed that Blizz does not remove it with 4.3. because technically DW is no longer flying around azeroth and blizz said at the start of cata that you can get the achivement until the time the DW raid goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I´m a bit disappointed that Blizz does not remove it with 4.3. because technically DW is no longer flying around azeroth
    criteria: Get killed by Deathwing.

yeah, flying?

Deleted
    It will be very stupid if this achiev will be taken that easy for the time I have spent looking for this Drake to burn all living in the area I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still Deathwing, and he still kills you. I don't understand why this doesn't make sense to some people. There's plenty of easy to get raid boss achievements (see Kiss and Make up, or Stay buffed all winter from Ulduar)

Thought Blizzard said Deathwing flies around the server until the Server first kill goes out for Deathwing...

Deleted
    After being on the PTR I can asure you that anyone who didnt have the achi will have the achi before 5.0

The only way to NOT get this achi is to not be logged in...

I wont spoil it but I can see a lot of people QQing at what is going to happen in 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    edit didnt the post above me i wont ruin it either lol

pretty sure that was just GMs having fun.. I could be wrong but shortly after DW attacked org the GM spawned in a mini thor which was pretty much killing EVERYTHING in sight.