Thread: MoP Pet Talents

Deleted

MoP Pet Talents

Saw this post on europe forums and was wondering about it aswell.

Other then the change of being able to choose the spec of your pet ( Ferocity - Cunning - Tenacity ) was there any mention about wether or not they gonna make pet talents like the new class talents?

I wondered this because they stated they wanted talents to feel like a ''fun thing to choose based on your personal playstyle'' and not the ( this is how i took it ) ''zomg i need to have that spec or i aint as good as others'' (cookiecutter specs ) .. with 1 or 2 points left.

As with pet talents its pretty much the same now aswell, any1 know wether or not they planning to do the same kind of thing to pet talents?

Couldn't find post about it, and for some reason my search seems to be always giving an error so thought to make a post about it.. If you have any info bout and already existing thread or any info about this that was stated in blizzcon and i missed it please make a reply on it below it would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance
    -Original post : EU Battle.net Hunter forums

Aint allowed to post link till I have more post done so can only direct where I found it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see them using the new talent system for pets with the current pet talents. Though, I highly doubt they will revamp all the pet talents. If they do I will be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that they'd like every pet to be able to do every job so maybe it could be worked around that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebie View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that they'd like every pet to be able to do every job so maybe it could be worked around that idea.
    I hope so, right now it you want to squeeze out the most personal dps you need to grab a Ferocity type pet (think that's the spec) for the 5 minute cooldown that increases you AP by X%. Would be nice to have the other two specs for the raid debuffs and still be able to get the cooldown as to not hurt your dps any.

Pets will stil lhave their unique family skill, but you can choose what talent tree they'll have.

Turtles will still be one of the best tanking pets, if you spec it tenacity.

But at the same time you can now bring your turtle to your raid and have it do as much damage as a cat, if you spec ferocity.

Looking foward to a Ferocity Jormungar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Like this policy. I wanna see my lynx Sparky with cunning talents

I wished they did a one pet-all tree idea in the beginning. (not when hunts had to tame their skill rank for their pets, but when the trees came out) because let's face it -- sometimes you need utility before DPS.

NOTE: Yes, some people will dispute me saying that. Don't really care, because from what I've seen and where I've been, utility > solid numbers a majority of the time. Not saying numbers never beat utility, but I've often relied on a BM hunt to throw his current wolf away, pop out the CH for hysteria, and then go back to the wolf and we down a boss we wouldn't have without the heroism more than a rogue doing xK more than that hunter.

If I can bring in my hunt with a dragonhawk/wind serpent and get the mages to do 4k more because of lighting breath/firebreath then I don't care if I didn't top the charts; we completed out goal. If I need to use a spirit beast for the heal on myself so the last healer up can spend his time worrying about someone else because of an error, fine. What if we have no priest or destro lock? Why then I'll use my silithid! Should I be penalized that I want to use a utility pet (who most often is cunning, just luck of the draw.) simply because it is not a wolf?

On the topic of ferocity pets for utility such as SB and CH -- it's just that they are BM specific and right now blizzard lied about balancing hunter specs; BM is still on average subpar for what it should be doing overall. Not saying I can't beat out a marks hunter or a survival hunter, but I am saying in comparative gear I, on average, do not.
    Last edited by sivenom; 2011-11-06 at 07:17 PM.
    "Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry." --Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time
    "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." --Terry Pratchett, JiNGO
    TP, Godspeed

I have to disagree. Yes the ferocity talent increases your own personal dps, but cunning pets do more damage themselves. Plus the fact that if you use say, a ravager, that is 4% increased physical damage for not only you, but EVERY melee dps in the raid. You get more overall dps than say, using a cat, simply because if there is a DK or a warrior in the group, the cat buff is wasted. In short, you are being selfish if you use a pet with a buff that is already covered, just so you can have a (I think) 10 second boost to your damage, that is on a 5 minute cd.
    I can think of one specific example being Reg shannox. If you use a cunning pet, you can put him on passive, and make him stay on shannox the entire time, rather than trying to chase down rageface the entire fight, and doing very little damage. Also again with the ravager example, it's going to icrease the damage done to shannox by ALL melee.
    Do what is best for the group, not what is best for your personal dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    I have to disagree. Yes the ferocity talent increases your own personal dps, but cunning pets do more damage themselves. Plus the fact that if you use say, a ravager, that is 4% increased physical damage for not only you, but EVERY melee dps in the raid. You get more overall dps than say, using a cat, simply because if there is a DK or a warrior in the group, the cat buff is wasted. In short, you are being selfish if you use a pet with a buff that is already covered, just so you can have a (I think) 10 second boost to your damage, that is on a 5 minute cd.
    I can think of one specific example being Reg shannox. If you use a cunning pet, you can put him on passive, and make him stay on shannox the entire time, rather than trying to chase down rageface the entire fight, and doing very little damage. Also again with the ravager example, it's going to icrease the damage done to shannox by ALL melee.
    Do what is best for the group, not what is best for your personal dps.
    Ferocity is 1.5k DPS better than Cunning for BM and a few hundred better than Cunning for MM by proper Call of the Wild timing. Cunning and Ferocity are equal for Survival. It's not even just Call of the Wild, but superior DPS pet talent options. Cunning only equals with Ferocity for Surv because of Explosive Shot ticks proccing Sic'em. Ferocity is built for damage with moderate mobility while Cunning is built more towards defenses and mobility with moderate emphasis on damage.

You should always supply a missing raid buff if possible, but you can cover most buffs by bringing a Ferocity pet. Spare us the "do what's best for your raid!" nonsense when that's obviously a priority. Your beloved Cunning pet just doesn't bring anything worthwhile to the table except Curse of Elements should you need that.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-11-06 at 07:54 PM.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

So you mean to tell me, that as a MM hunter, that ONE 20 sec increase to your damage is equal to a tank, 2-3 melee dps, and yourself doing an extra 4% dmg throughout the entire fight? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    So you mean to tell me, that as a MM hunter, that ONE 20 sec increase to your damage is equal to a tank, 2-3 melee dps, and yourself doing an extra 4% dmg throughout the entire fight? I don't think so.
    And you're purposely missing line 2 of the second paragraph of my my post. Also, if you don't have that buff covered, you must raid 10s and without a Frost DK or Rogue which opens up a lot of other questions about your raid comp and personal spec.

Frost DKs are the most common source of that debuff, while providing WF. Combat also provides that debuff.
    If you don't have a Frost DK, then is someone else providing the 10% Haste buff?
    If no, then why are you MM anyways when you could be Survival and boosting your raid, while usign the Ravager for both buffs and no DPS loss.

In most raid comps, you shouldn't need to bring it to begin with. If you need to bring it, it's worth the loss obviously AS I STATED ABOVE that you wanted to argue about. But citing Cunning as better ("they do more personal damages!") primarily because your raid comp sucks is a lolargument of its own.

You should always provide the missing buff, which I stated earlier but you wanted to post again in argument.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-11-06 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    Cunning foxes, yesss