Poll: Pvp?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question PvP in Guild wars 2

Guild Wars was a game centered around pvp and it was good for a long time. For me nightfall killed pvp for me. The best thing was 8v8 guild vs guild. Before factions i was a hardcore player, playing in many top 20 guilds. However, eventually gvg faded when they decided to change the game too much (removal of the need to the guild thief, removal of VoD, the implement of the horrible guild lord damage victory.)

So for you other long time guild wars fans, How do you think the PvP in guild wars 2 will pan out? Will the game live up to what it once was? or will pvp fall the the waist side in favor of pve.

Deleted
    ''Yes, and it will be better than it was in Gw1''

Could you add that? Because it will be. The whole combat system is much more dynamic than it was in Gw1, which is a very good thing imo. And option 2,3,4 and 5 dont apply to me.

Both PvP and Pve looks amazing. So I don't really care, I'll play both because I'm so hardcore!

I think so far there is a lot more attention about GW2 pvp since it's a bit of ahead of it's time in that aspect. But I will be a casual pvper and a hardcore pver
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Deleted
    I can't even begin to describe how badly formed this poll is. I hope it was just a mistake cause for most people there is no choice in this. It's like you don't acknowledge pvp in gw2 at all...

Sadly too many people draw connection between gw1 and gw2. There is no similarity between those games except the races maybe...

And yes pvp in gw2 will play a major role and I believe it will be a great success for Anet.

PVP will be focused on having fun instead of "look at my rating I'm so important" and "omg epics I need an important rating", that's why the abilities are so varied and freaky. It's essentially what Warcraft PVP was supposed to be, before it got lost in translation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    ''Yes, and it will be better than it was in Gw1''

Could you add that? Because it will be. The whole combat system is much more dynamic than it was in Gw1, which is a very good thing imo. And option 2,3,4 and 5 dont apply to me.
    Well, gw1 pvp was great in it's own right (more strategic and such then most games) however, GW2 will, like you said, be better and more amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well, gw1 pvp was great in it's own right (more strategic and such then most games) however, GW2 will, like you said, be better and more amazing!
    Hence, the need of an extra poll option.

To say that PvP has been put to the forefront in GW2 would be an understatement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping it's somewhat like the old Warhammer outdoors RvR with the castles and siege weapons (mostly WvWvW though). If anyone played that back when it was in its prime, you know that there were some good times to be had!

Deleted
    I have a question about GW2 compared to GW1. In GW1 it says you can join end game pvp in the gear you got while leveling up, it will bring a slightly differende that some people prefer. Will it work the same in GW2? couldn't find any info about it

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I have a question about GW2 compared to GW1. In GW1 it says you can join end game pvp in the gear you got while leveling up, it will bring a slightly differende that some people prefer. Will it work the same in GW2? couldn't find any info about it
    Depends on the pvp format. In GW2's competitive PVP you'll be given a set of max level armor that you can customize, all of the skills, and bumped to level 80. That is just like a GW pvp character. In the RvR (WWW area), you just use what armor that you have at the time, the skills that you already know, but you'll be bumped up to level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    In the RvR (WWW area), you just use what armor that you have at the time, the skills that you already know, but you'll be bumped up to level 80.
    To add to this, WvWvW is intended to be a viable area for leveling. You'll even be able to get equipment drops and Ranger pets there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    To add to this, WvWvW is intended to be a viable area for leveling. You'll even be able to get equipment drops and Ranger pets there.
    So say a ranger found a unique pet in the world, can he use it competitive pvp as well and be a bit unique to pvp created chars? Is it possible to join competitive pvp at all with your roleplaying char? Seems like it's possible in GW1 but is it in GW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So say a ranger found a unique pet in the world, can he use it competitive pvp as well and be a bit unique to pvp created chars? Is it possible to join competitive pvp at all with your roleplaying char? Seems like it's possible in GW1 but is it in GW2?
    You will keep your PvE character's appearance on entering competitive PvP, yes. Your armor (and pets?) keeps the same skin and is dyed to match your team.

Deleted
    Imo GW2 is perfect for PvP, but also great for PvE.
    They've removed healers : No comment on this, so obvious why this is needed
    Dodging: An perfect element in competative PvP (also gr8 for new kind of boss mechanic that's never been seen), you'll actually have to move to and dodge to be able to win a duel in the BG...
    This kind of dodge combined with different weapon swapping / enviroment (LoS) will make us able to create so much never seen kind of combat.
    Also, the "cross-profession combos" will create a new way of teamwork, really...

All of theese things is just pure awesomeness in both PvP and PvE imo.

I was never really following GW2 until I found out about World v World v World. As much a I love WoW, it's missing the epic PvP that DAOC had. Hopefully WvWvW can capture some of that magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I'm hoping it's somewhat like the old Warhammer outdoors RvR with the castles and siege weapons (mostly WvWvW though). If anyone played that back when it was in its prime, you know that there were some good times to be had!

ahhh if it's like that, then there will be lots of good times ahead. good times.... goooood times....

You must have played an a particularly awesome server, then. Usually WAR's RvR consisted of one faction camping in front of the other's Warcamp or raiding empty keeps.

DAoC, on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account

I did. And I LOVED it. I played it again not too long ago and it is still a great game; but really, really empty. If the PvP is as good, and the PvE is better, then GW2 will be more than a success.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!